2015 FCKC Season

Discussion in 'KC Current' started by Myrtle, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    It's game day! KC travels to DC to take on the Spirit. This is a game KC should win on paper...but for whatever reason we've had trouble getting results at the Plex. I think a key will be how our outside backs handle Dunn as she created some probs for us last year. Much rather see her against Robinson than Moros due to her speed and quickness. Also Kreiger is out so DC could likely be starting 2 good but unproven rookies (Oyster and Dydasco). Hopefully Holiday and Co. Can take advantage. Prediction: 2-1 KC.

2. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    KC again dominates offensively in the 1st half but only comes away with HAOs 1 tally. DC just seems to want it more in the 2nd half and KC eventually loses 3-1. Not going to freak out, but I have to wonder what's going on with KC. Moros struggled...again and Bogus didn't look good when subbed in. Would have liked to of seen Groom subbed instead of Bogus.

And KCs inability to come from behind continues....not the performance I'd want going into a short week facing Seattle.

CometsFan repped this.
  3. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    KC gets plenty of opportunities but just can't put them away, and it's costing them points. That's a problem and one that Vlatko needs to fix ASAP or KC is in big trouble.

4. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Funny how before the season started, before the draft even, people were saying KC's defense is going to struggle. And here we are, with KC's defense letting a team, that Houston's defense shutout, score 3 goals.

5. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At this point I'd rather have O'Reilly starting on the back line than Moros. Moros has looked terrible and even though Boston wasn't that great last year, I thought O'Reilly did a decent job at RB the few games she played there for them. It could be something for Vlatko to consider once the US players return from the WC.

6. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    There have been rumblings of an eventual big trade....hopefully it's not about Leroux or Morgan. We need a stud defender.... Bad, and some options on the the flank.

7. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, they need to do something soon. KC is a great team and I hate seeing them struggle defensively like they have this season.

8. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I see Hagen coming in for Moros. Is Hagen playing defense now?

9. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    No she's still playing forward. It KC shifts to a back 3 when Moros subs out. So like a 3-5-2 which hasn't been overly effective.

10. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    I miss Richmond. I think Brian is the best MF in the league now (err after Little). Waiting for Tymrak to break out.

11. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Losing Richmond this year was a bigger loss than I think the coaches expected.

Tymrak is starting to look like a one year wonder. The games when the NT players are gone for the WC are going to be her best chance for her to produce, and if she can't, then KC is in major trouble.

12. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Yes Richmond choosing not to play this season really hurts. The club tried to compensate, with Averbuch who's performance improved since opening day but she just hasn't yet developed the chemistry that Richmond had with Holiday/Buz. Kallman is missed terribly as well. Moros should not be a starter in a full-strength line-up IMO.

Tymrak looked quite good in preseason and I thought she played better than HAO on opening day. She and Groom play well with each other so i'm excited to see them together when our WWC players leave. I'm just hoping we put on a good performance tomorrow, regardless of result.

13. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Big gameday vs Seattle today. This is the WWC send-off for Holiday, Arod, HAO, and Brunn. I hope attendance is decent....Thursday is a big night for area high school soccer games to be held. I, for instance have coaching responsibilities tonight so I cannot be in attendance for the Swope-Opener. Bummer.

Here's hoping that our offense finally starts clicking and our defense might have to have their best performance of the season for us to win. Honestly, i'd even be happy with a tie.

14. CometsFan

CometsFan Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Myrtle, I hope your team won last night and you got a chance to watch the game when you got home. Good match between two very good teams. A new formation to start the match with Hagen inserted up top and Buzz manning the defensive midfield by herself.

Having both players up top was a huge improvement over the last two games. Hagen was usually a little further back than ARod and helped to bridge the gap with the midfield.

The defense very strong tonight. Reminded me of the championship game where Seattle kept trying to pound the ball at goal, but KC held strong in their defensive third. LeP and Broon were both fantastic. Personally I'm so proud of Amy. She is consistently one of the best players on the field this season. Even more impressive last night as she was battling the flu.

I found out after the game that she had been puking through most of the first half, but refused to be replaced. Had she not told me, I wouldn't have known from watching.

Seattle played well too, but Harvey hit it on the head in her post game comments. She said they are looking for the great goals and not scoring any horrible goals. She wants her team to score the goals that bounce off posts and faces before going in too

15. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :eek: Maybe she ought to play with the flu more often ;)

CometsFan repped this.
  16. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Thanks for the update. I haven't gotten to watch the game yet but plan on it tonight. I'm glad LeP and the rest of the defense had a much needed clutch performance. Several people have been raving about her performance, she must be one tough player mentally and physically.

17. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    I haven't lost faith in Tymrak. Little has incredible ball skills,
    and Brian can settle and then advance and/or pass quickly, but Tymrak has this attacking double tap cross-over dribble that no one else has. I'm waiting for the explosion. I'm trying to find that video - she's done it before.

18. AdamRS

AdamRS Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Johnson County, KS
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I watched the game after the fact and... We got the result, which is great, but there so many plays were were doing well with, but either the pass was always weighted just a little wrong, or we simply weren't quick enough to get to the balls we needed. A-Rod in particular. I was impressed with her in so many ways, but especially in the first half, she seemed just a step and a half behind.

And how about that assist? That was pretty good vision.
    Tymrak continues to be one of my favorite players to watch. She didn't perform as well this match, but she has a lot of skill on the ball and has an exciting style of play, even if it means she gives it away just a little more than she should.

Hopefully we can make up some ground against Houston.

19. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    OMG, Hagen, Tymrak, Groom, and Silva in the same line up! Are you kidding me! They were a little rusty, but that will be incredible. I hope Vlatko continues with this line up.

And Groom! She has a burst and feistiness!

Once they get used to each other, this team is gonna be incredible with a line up like that.

Also, looks like Laddish got her cardio back.

20. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Honestly, I think the lineup last night played better together than their lineup with NTers...

21. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Finally got to watch the game today. Just a few observations:

- I liked this line-up and the subbing. Averbuch looked better than I expected at center-back. I don't think she's athletic enough to play box-to-box in the league but I think she's smart/technical enough to provide quality minutes as a central defender. I know, small sample size so difficult to judge but other than a few to many long-balls she did well. I was surprised at how hard she was going in for tackles and such.

- I wish Tymrak/Hagen/Silva played better. All 3 had some give-away issues but I like their potential. Hagen had another good assist and leads the team I believe. I want more from those 3 though.

- Moros though she had a good game vs Seattle is still our weakest starter. We need an acquisition at outside back to really compete for another championship IMO.

- Groom's goal was pretty sweet. Though her 1st step isn't as quick as Arod's she's a really good speedy option as she gets more comfortable. And she's much more effective in the air than Arod.

- Bogus had a good goal but still don't think she fits exactly. She does work her butt off though.

- We are so lucky to have Buz, Robinson, Barhart (best goalie in league) and Lep. I think that veteran leadership in the back will really help us through this WWC stretch.

Glad we got the win. I know stats were in Houston's favor but I didn't really feel all that threatened when watching. Obviously they hit the post a few times but I thought KC's possession was quite good. All in all, i'm feeling pretty positive.

CometsFan repped this.
  22. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    I think they'll all get better and make less mistakes as they play more games together.

CometsFan repped this.
  23. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    TAKE DOWN AT 81! Should that have been a pk? I think so.

24. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you referring to Jones hitting Groom in the back? Because that can't be called a PK.

25. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Sorry i've been so absent lately, my season ended Saturday...in double overtime. But i've finally had a chance to catch up on some games. WNY is just always a tough match-up for us and it seemed at least on Thursday that they are trying to be the Chicago of league's past....physical to an almost dirty extent. I realize tempers will always be high in that type of back-to-back situation though. I really did expect Groom's slide in on Jones to be more reckless, to get the shove down at least. But hey, i'm a homer too.

Still waiting on Hagen and Tymrak to step-up. I thought they'd be dominating by now but not so much. They are being out-shined by Groom IMO. And i'm glad Laddish has gotten some playing time, she's been smart and solid and played some great penetrating balls too.