2015 FALL ATTENDANCE THREAD

Discussion in 'NASL' started by Darkwing McQuack, Jul 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkwing McQuack

Darkwing McQuack BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 11, 2011
    Morrisville, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well that would be crappy if true. That would mean only a couple thousand have been sold.

2. mng146

mng146 Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    #302 mng146, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
    Perhaps someone else was trying to be a upper and assumed that all of the grayed out sections were sold?

Oopsie! Unrep that newbie!

3. FootySkeptic

FootySkeptic Member

Sep 24, 2015
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Anyone in Ottawa will have to watch on NASL.com, unless they bought a sports package with a satelite provider, unfortunately.

This league really needs a TV deal...

Also it would be really disappointing if Ottawa out shows the Cosmos for support in the final.

4. Prosoccercdn

Prosoccercdn Member+

Aug 6, 2011
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Actually fans in Ottawa can watch on Rogers TV (channel 22).

Nationally in Canada the Fury website (which should be a mirror of the Nasl.com website) also has the livestream of the championship final. Canadians with a Rogers account can also view on Rogers TV website nationwide.

FootySkeptic repped this.
  5. Darkwing McQuack

Nov 11, 2011
    Morrisville, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any update on ticket sales? I know it was between 5-6k last time it was reported.

6. FootySkeptic

FootySkeptic Member

Sep 24, 2015
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    It will not be on 22 here. I will try online through Rogers. Thanks for the heads up!

Prosoccercdn repped this.
  7. Bklyn Royals Fan

United States
    Jan 17, 2008
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    10166 for the Soccer Bowl 2015 final

Prosoccercdn and The One X repped this.
  8. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    [​IMG]

Zoidberg repped this.
  9. DanGerman

DanGerman Member+

Aug 28, 2014
    New York City
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was a great game and the attendance was good too, just wish they could have sold out the place. If this game was in Ottawa from the last few games I've seen they would have sold out the place (24K stadium) or come close to it.

FootySkeptic and Prosoccercdn repped this.
  10. Darkwing McQuack

Nov 11, 2011
    Morrisville, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great number from the Cosmos. Now the biggest question is will they go back to 4-5k each game next year or will winning 2 titles in 3 years help bring numbers close to what we saw yesterday?

The One X repped this.
  11. The One X

The One X Member+

Sep 9, 2014
    Indiana
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    I wouldn't expect the numbers to reach anything close to that number on a regular basis, but hopefully it can prompt them to 6k a game next year.

12. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Despite winning 2 soccer bowls in 2,5 seasons driving time from midtown Manhattan to Hofstra is highly 35-55 minutes. Plus it is D2 soccer

bullsear repped this.
  13. DanGerman

DanGerman Member+

Aug 28, 2014
    New York City
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would like to think they'd get more people but they're staying in Hofstra again next season and I'm not sure you're going to see much of an improvement on that front. They got bigger crowds for the home opener and the open cup game against NYCFC and those games didn't create much momentum going forward. So I'm skeptical the championship will. Remember the last time they won a championship they had their worst season attendance wise, hopefully I'm wrong but the same stadium issues will be there next season (not having choice dates and terrible stadium experience) and that gives me pause.

Zoidberg, bnyc and brentgoulet repped this.
  14. Darkwing McQuack

Nov 11, 2011
    Morrisville, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But we're talking about the largest soccer brand in US history surely they can find 12k people from NYC and NJ to come out. :p Seriously though with as big and dedicated we've been told the fanbase is an hour car ride should be nothing for them. Hell sometimes it can take me up to 90 minutes to get to Union games when the traffic is bad.

FootySkeptic repped this.
  15. bnyc

bnyc Member

Jan 20, 2015
    New York
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Dan nailed it, "the same stadium issues will be there next season"; so will the same attendance.

That said, I think the FO understands this and is putting their future into a new stadium. Bummer that time spent trying to build in Elmont though; this isn't easy and only fool thinks you're not going to lose money for quite a while before things get going.

DanGerman repped this.
  16. DanGerman

DanGerman Member+

Aug 28, 2014
    New York City
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm beginning to think that the team didn't have a fall back plan at all to this. They just assumed that they would get the thing approved, which shows how little they know of Albany politics. I'm just worried about how long will the owners be willing to spend on the club if they don't get a new place. I think ideally going to Newark and working something out for the old bears baseball stadium site would be fantastic. They could possibly tear it down and build a nice new stadium on the site or remodel it ala the Timbers, all the while they can still play at Hofstra or MCU while the Newark site is being prepared.

17. bnyc

bnyc Member

Jan 20, 2015
    New York
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Dan, I don't know about that; the FO has wedded the team to LI, that doesn't rule out the city [Queens & Brooklyn] but I think moving to NJ isn't in the cards. It would get me to more games though!

18. DanGerman

DanGerman Member+

Aug 28, 2014
    New York City
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm aware of that and its unfortunate because you have a site that a local politicians would bend over backwards for the Cosmos or anyone else for that matter to take over.

19. jeffcoop

jeffcoop BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 11, 2006
    Central Indiana
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And it's not like the Cosmos don't have history in New Jersey.

(My family had season tickets from 1978 to 1983).