2015 Chicago Red Stars

Discussion in 'Chicago Red Stars' started by ForeverLOST108, Dec 20, 2014.

1. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    One more thing, Lori Chalupny, looked very good, with sharp turns, precise passes and looked fit as a fiddle.
    Her stint with the National team these few months showed.

2. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Looks like they used black/dark blue numbers:
    [​IMG]
    But wouldn't red have looked better:
    [​IMG]

4. Smallchief

Smallchief Member+

Oct 27, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Excellent report. From what little we saw of the recent U-23 games I picked out Colaprico as a good one. I previously -- probably foolishly -- predicted Sofia Huerta to be the rookie of the year. Colaprico may give her a run for that title.

Chicago playoff quality? You betcha. Only Seattle and Kansas City seem to me to have equal talent. With the WC on the horizon a lot will depend on how well the rookies come through while their elders are cavorting in Canada.

5. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Holden, I agree. the red lettering looks good. I will bring that up to Alyse and Arnim next time I see them which would probably be next week for the Season Ticket holders meet and greet.

Also, I'm thinking about going to Madison WI tomorrow when they play UW. This will be even a harder game then Marquette as Wisconsin was the Big 10 Champion and they also have Rose Lavelle.

6. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly, I prefer the black numbers. Sets off the red shorts/socks.

7. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    It's also possible the league may not allow red numbers.

8. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I was at the game between Red Stars and University of Wisconsin. Pretty much the same lineup but without Lori Chalupny. The score ended at 1-0, goal by Colaprico.

Red stars moved the ball around well and sharp. They pretty much dominated in possession and shots. The top draft picks continue to impress.

I do want to mention on UW side, Rose Lavelle. This is the first time I've seen her play and was not disappointed. I can see why she is on the U-National Teams and future National Team radar. I would put her vision and distribution on par with Morgan Brian any day. Phenomenal player.

mamalia repped this.
  9. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  10. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  12. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is the WPSL for you.

I will ask the Red Stars in the meet the team thing.

13. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I'll be there with you my friend.

How that Chicago Fire? :(
    I don't know why I keep supporting that team. I'm hoping the Red Stars give me something to smile about this season as opposed to their male professional counterparts in our beautiful city.

14. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Looks to me like the "great plains" half of the Midwest schedule might just not be complete yet, while the "great lakes" half is:

FC Indiana: 10
    FC Pride: 10
    Columbus: 10
    Cincy Saints: 10
    Motor City: 10
    Michigan Lions: 10
    Des Moines: 9
    Fire&Ice: 7
    Quad City: 6
    Minny Twins: 4
    KC Courage: 4
    Chicago RSR: 4

15. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    So I just saw this article on Twitter:
    http://www.studlife.com/sports/athl...aspern-to-take-her-talents-to-the-windy-city/
    I know from the game reports that Lillie has only seen 25 minutes between the two preseason matches so far, and it seems a bit of a stretch for a DIII player to go pro, but does anyone have any insight of her chances at making the Reserves and potentially getting called to the senior team during the WWC?
    [/WashU pride]

16. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    #116 Blaze20, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
    Lol, I read that last sentence as her making the squad for the world cup. I almost spit out the cookies I was eating until I reread and realized they are asking about her making the Spirit squad when the NT players are away

17. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I'm going to the season ticket holder meet and greet on Sunday. I'll find out some more info on the players. I'll see about this player.

CoachJon repped this.
  18. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Interesting: the Red Stars reshared the Student Life article on their Twitter. My hopes are up!

19. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mine, too. D3 can. go. all. the. way!

20. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Just got back from the Red Stars inter-squad exhibition and meet and greet with season ticket holders.

It was a pretty good turnout considering it rained with a mixture of snow. It was pretty cold out there at Benedictine.

Got to meet some of the new kids as well as last year's players. I love our draft picks this year, not just as players but as really good kids. Although I like our entire team, I can already see that Danielle Colaprico will be one of my pet favorite players this year. :)

BlueCrimson and CoachJon repped this.
  21. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Did they say anything about the new kits? On twitter they posted this a few hours ago:
    582269853534449664 is not a valid tweet id

But haven't posted any followup.

22. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Today one team wore the black kit and the other wore the kit with the thin stripes going up and down. Those are the two new kits. My understanding is the black one will be the third kit.

Maybe their fingers are still frozen from this morning, they can't keyboard yet.

holden repped this.
  23. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was too hung over to go :(

Btw

582309311767924736 is not a valid tweet id

24. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Ha, ha. I was looking for you.
    Did you make it to the Fire game later in the afternoon? I decided not to go to the Fire game after freezing at the Red Stars game. Went back home and crawled under the covers. And the game I miss, the Fire ends up winning.

25. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    #125 MRAD12, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
    An article about Red Stars former Manager, Emma Hayes. She has some comments about her experience with the Red Stars and how Chicago was the best thing she ever did as an experience even though she was fired her second season.

It's interesting that she mentions that it's not all talented players, but the right kind of characters. As we recall the Red Stars had Carli Lloyd, Megan Rapinoe, Karen Carney, Cristiane, Lindsey Tarpley, Frida Ostberg, Caroline Jonsson, and other "stars" on the 2009 team. Biggest learning curve of her career she says after having to answer to 8 owners.
    Very interesting read.

http://www.sport-magazine.co.uk/features/lessons-learned

Yup, the CRS had that many owners back then and Arnim Whisler is the only one left standing of that group as far as I know.

SiberianThunderT and ceezmad repped this.