2015 Chicago Red Stars

Discussion in 'Chicago Red Stars' started by ForeverLOST108, Dec 20, 2014.

1. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  2. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. mamalia

mamalia Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Cincinnati OH US
    Glad to see the Red Stars pull out a win last night. It was looking like we were heading down the same frustrating road as Saturday night. Really needed that win - can't be leaving points on the table. The team is really fun to watch - looking forward to a good performance in DC. That's another big one. I was rooting for the Thorns to take some of the pressure off... but I guess you need to win your own games.

4. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    cchchaplain and ForeverLOST108 repped this.
  6. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. ForeverLOST108

ForeverLOST108 Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Orlando
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fantastic article on the long-term plan that Chicago has followed.

http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-commentary/article/13340468/chicago-red-stars-right-schedule-nwsl

I love this quote especially:

Fanaddict repped this.
  8. mamalia

mamalia Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Cincinnati OH US
    Yes, that was funny, but as of course the article names the players and even if they didn't, it sort of seems like a real dig at those allocations (Winters, Boxx and LePeilbet). I would guess that 2 DMs and a defender understand that they are not marquee players, but to have your new coach state that "I contemplated jumping off (my balcony)" when he found out you were assigned to his team, pretty harsh.

Overall, good article though and deserved praise to the Red Stars for creating such a great team. I also wondered more about all the Sam Johnson statements about her USC experience... did not know (and still don't know ) her college story, but quite a testament to her desire and willingness to challenge herself to put herself out there and compete again. She is a really strong and fun player to watch.

JanBalk repped this.
  9. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I don't think it was a dig at the players. It was that he got players that play the same positions.

10. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Also, I don't know if Winters wanted to be in Chicago. I think she is a Pacific NW person. I also want to guess that Lepielbet wanted to be where Bogus was. Just guessing.

11. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Keelin's from Colorado, though she played her college soccer at U of P. Most of the U of P players in the league, however, appear to have a preference to play in the PNW.

12. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Well, Chicago remains ahead of Seattle on a game-by-game basis due to winning the H2H tiebreak against Seattle, but now Chicago must win they're next game if they want to keep it that way...

At least they now have sole possession of the longest home unbeaten streak. 14 games woo!

14. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tough to give up that late goal and tie 2-2 after Press had 2 goals. The Redstars have to be better getting Press the ball and having better possession.

15. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chicago tossed 2 points down the drain. And it was kind of a boring game if you take away the goals.

16. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    We give up these equalizers too easy, IMO. Red Stars need to protect their lead.

Granted they had 3 starters hurt last Saturday. Gilliland and Johnson two important defenders are injured and so is DiBernardo even though she came in in the second half.

17. liesse00

liesse00 Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's hope the tradition of playing well in Portland on national television continues this weekend.

18. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope so, too. Let's hope both teams play well, and may the best team win!

19. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Considering the last 5 games between the two were draws, it would be a shock if either team won.

20. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Not happy at all today about last night's game.

socfandan repped this.
  22. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Lori Chalupny retires from International play. However she will finish her season with the Red Stars and think about playing pro in the future after season is over, according to this CRS article.

http://chicagoredstars.com/chalupny-announces-retirement-from-international-competition/

A great player and person is retiring from the National Team. She deservingly made the squad for this past World Cup and represented the Red Stars with dignity and top class play.

Now, Lori you still have a couple of years to play professional. I hope you come back next season and play with the Red Stars. The young guns need a good leader and a respected Captain and there is no one better then you.

holden, SiberianThunderT and socfandan repped this.