2015/16 Rotherham United

Discussion in 'League Championship' started by Myshoe, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hibernian manager currently favourite to take over, we've been allowed to talk to him apparently.

2. IvanIV

IvanIV King of all He purveys

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you hanging in there bud?

3. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah I just haven't posted much I knew this season was going to be a disaster before it had even started. Another two points dropped at Ipswich with an injury time equaliser, we really need to close out games better. If we don't beat Preston today we might as well start preparations for League One.

IvanIV repped this.
  4. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    tractor boys beat us too....

5. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was Rotherham United 1:3 Preston North End. The only starter for Rotherham United who wasn't English was Dexter Blackstock. He scored for Antigua and Barbuda against the USA in a World Cup Qualifier in 2012.

IvanIV repped this.
  6. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I saw Dexter Blackstock get a brace for QPR v Soton at Loftus Road in '08.

nert-nert-nert-nert - hoops! - Dexter Blackstock!

I knew he'd left Forest, but I didn't know he was at Rovrum now. Popular signing, Myshoe?

IvanIV repped this.
  7. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not really he joined us unfit and is a bit of a sick note that's why Forest terminated his contract I think, it's probably another case of nobody else in the Championship wanting him so he comes here pretending that he wouldn't want to go anywhere else. He got subbed off at half time against Preston his performance was that lacklustre.

The writing is on the wall now, the 3-0 loss at Derby today actually flatters us. We might as well prepare for League One now even if we had lots of money for signings (which we don't) by January we'll already be realistically relegated.

8. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Everybody beats us this season. :(

IvanIV repped this.
  9. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We're on TV today by proxy that we're playing Leeds, hopefully we can embarrass them.

The chairman has promised Jackett money in January but I'd expect they'll have one eye on next season.

10. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Shambles. :(

Halford goes off injured after 2mins, then our defence parts like the Red Sea and Leeds score a tap in, then Odemwingie does a blatant elbow for no reason and gets a straight red card - another journeyman here to swan around without caring for some easy money.

11. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    2-0 Leeds just before HT, we're out of our depth defensively.

12. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    just seen the first half highlights. not good.

13. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm proud of the 10 men we gave it a really good go, we just almost nicked a late equaliser. Leeds have even resorted to time wasting.

If there's one thing we've learned from this match it's that we need to stop signing big name free agents like Odemwingie whose only care is for their bank balance.

IvanIV repped this.
  14. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #164 Myshoe, Nov 28, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
    IvanIV repped this.
  15. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #165 Myshoe, Nov 28, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
    We should probably just appoint a wildcard to build for next season now, if Camp and Halford have long term injuries we're even more doomed this season.

Some fans have been saying Ryan Giggs... well in my view if it brings us some good publicity, investment and ability to attract decent players going forward then why not? we seem to be going from one disaster to another at the moment and need to stop the rot. Whether he'd come here on the wage we can offer and complete a season where he'll hardly win a game is another matter.

On the other hand I've been saying Stuart Gray as the safe option ever since Evans left but he'll probably want nothing to do with us (like a lot of managers) now.

16. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    “I’m shocked, but life goes on. It happened on Saturday night (after a 2-1 home loss against Leeds United) when he said he thought he should resign,” Stewart told The Star.

“I said we’re in it for the long fix not the short fix and told him to sleep on it. Sunday morning came up and he said he felt the same and that was it.”

17. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's just so annoying that all our chairman had to do when appointing a successor to Warnock was to say to them "there, that's your blueprint now build on it". Instead, he gets hypnotised by some snake oil salesman from the Scottish pub league who tells him he'll get us playing like Barcelona and who tears the squad apart on a whim.

18. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    love to have that job!

19. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If we beat Burton tonight I'll be like the guy in the white shirt:

:laugh:

20. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rotherham United 1:2 Buton Albion

21. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    bah!

poor millers. :(

22. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yep hope is extinguished once again, we really couldn't afford to lose that one. :(

We need a few signings and a miracle run of form now but I think we used our get out of jail free card last season under Warnock.

IvanIV repped this.
  23. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Did I mention that I had grandparents from Barnsley and Sheffield? :sneaky: not sure which side of Sheffield. :p

24. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    #174 pookspur, Jan 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
    Cauley Woodrow and Danny Ward to Ipswich, I've heard.

First Grant, now this. Why do Ipswich keep taking all your Wards?

IvanIV repped this.
  25. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Small fish in a big pond we're just like a feeder team to the rest of the league, we take risks on out of favour players and if they fail we take the hit and if they succeed they go on to sign for a bigger club for more money, we just don't have the infrastructure/money to compete at this level. :(

The only way clubs our size are going to make any inroads is to find a rich owner like Bournemouth did, it's only 8yrs ago that we were both fighting for survival in League Two starting the season with -17pts... crazy season. Look where they are now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008–09_Football_League#League_Two

IvanIV repped this.