2015/16 Rotherham United

Discussion in 'League Championship' started by Myshoe, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's sink or swim time for us in this league, we're favourites to finish rock bottom so it's set up nicely for us to surprise everyone again.

I think we have a much better squad than last season but it's whether they can gel as a team and get us off to good start, I'm expecting a tougher league this season and we could need 50-55pts to stay up.

We have a poor record against MK Dons but I think we'll beat them today.

Up the Millers!

2. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    3-1 down at half time, I think it's safe to say that our defence hasn't quite gelled yet some calamatous goals by the sound of it. :(

Hopefully Steve works his magic at HT and if we can get the next goal hopefully we'll rescue a point.

3. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I hope I underestimated MK Don's because they gave us a lesson in football today by all accounts.

I'm not panicking yet but I never expected that, I think we just need more time to gel but we really needed to hit the ground running this season.

4. Benando_NFFC

Benando_NFFC Member

Jul 19, 2015
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    A truly woeful start by your boys. Home you're as generous when you play us next weekend!

Myshoe repped this.
  5. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #5 Myshoe, Aug 8, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
    It was a bad day at the office by the sound of it, our young goalkeeper on loan from Derby was at fault for 2 of the goals, he was great in pre-season so hopefully it was just a case of match day nerves getting to him.

I guess we'll find out where we are when we play you lot but I'm a little concerned that there's been too many changes in too short space of time, if that's the case then by the time we have gelled we could already be cut adrift.

6. Benando_NFFC

Benando_NFFC Member

Jul 19, 2015
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    The signings Rotherham have made to meet their survival ambitions this season are good. But as you say it could be too much change, too soon.

Robinson at MK Dons say they have smallest budget by a distance in this league. That may have worked to their advantage as they've kept the collective they came up with together and are still riding on the highs of their promotion.

Myshoe repped this.
  7. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Cambridge United tonight we've not had a decent cup run in years, maybe this year it would do us some good to get some confidence and more minutes on the pitch together.

8. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The final score was Rotherham 1:0 Cambridge United.

Edit: @IvanIV

Can you stop using the other topic?

Myshoe repped this.
  9. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The second round draw has just been made, we've got Norwich at home that should be a good test for us.

10. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Lost 2-1 to Forest, our on loan young keeper is getting blame again for being a bit limp wristed with Forest's second, he tipped the ball onto the bar instead of out. I don't know what Evans has against Collin despite one or two mistakes last season and being beaten by two great set pieces against Wigan he pulled off some incredible saves and has a lot more experience (albeit lower leagues).

We didn't ship 4 goals today at least. I'll give it a few more games before losing hope I still think we'll click at some point.....

11. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    So we're off the bottom of the table hurrah! (we got a bit lucky as Preston hit the bar late on).

...and with that comes the realisation that mid table was probably a tad optimistic and that we only actually have to finish in 21st place or high for this season to be another good season, please let there be 3 worse teams than us!

Millwall look to have taken to League One like a boulder to water as well, bottlers. :thumbsup:

baseballbert repped this.
  12. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Today is giant-killing* day.

* in my mind at least.

13. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well we're getting a giant killing from QPR so I was right in a way. :unsure:

They've pretty much won it either side of half time there's no way we'll score 2, we'll do well to get 1.

14. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    3-0 Roos with another error in goal by the sound of it, this game was already over but Collin must get a run in goal now surely? if the defence have no confidence in the keeper they're less likely to break their neck defending.

15. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    3-1 COMEBACK IS ON!!!!

16. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    3-2 damn you Roos and your butter fingers and Steve Evans for being a stubborn ****.

17. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    4-2 QPR run down the other end and get a penalty.

Oh well, a promising performance against a team we would be expected to lose comfortably against, hopefully Evans has learned a little more about who our best team are and we can start picking up some results.

18. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Look at their third goal Halford seems to jump out of the way of Austin and then Roos lets it go under him. Shambolic. :oops:

I'm feeling kind of positive about the way we came back into it though, we just need to cut out the silly mistakes, our defenders confidence must be shot though with the howlers Roos is making.

19. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That's us out of the cup then with a 2-1 loss to Norwich, at least we put up a good fight and seem to be improving. Collin was in goal hope we stick with him in the league.

So far this season I'm getting a good idea how Blackpool fans felt last season. :(

20. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    :(

Positives:
    Collin solid in goal
    Clarke-Harris scoring
    Midfield creating chances

Negatives:
    Defence are struggling
    Halford giving a penalty away
    Derbyshire missing a penalty

21. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We've signed a keeper released from Bournemouth and sent calamity Roos back to Derby, hopefully we aren't paying his wages until the end of the season although being a youth player it won't be all that much anyway.

Also two loanees from Norwich! Let the good time roll!! :unsure:

22. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Greg Halford stripped of captaincy, that'll him dropped to the bench then. :barefoot:

23. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Halford dropped to the bench for Rawson, new keeper Camp starts in goal, both Norwich loaness starting.

Three points today please!

24. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Charlton Athletic 1:1 Rotherham United

Rotherham United is in last and goes to first place Brighton and Hove Albion on Tuesday.

Myshoe repped this.
  25. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #25 Myshoe, Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
    I think Evans is just starting to figure out what his best starting 11 is... and it doesn't include Halford who he saw worthy of captaincy only 6 games ago. That's the trouble with making so many changes over the summer you're playing catch-up by the time you've worked out your best 11.

On another note Kari Arnason who left us in the in the summer to join Malmo has helped them qualify for the Champion League finals after beating Celtic and his national team Iceland are top of their Euro 2016 qualifying group, he's a big loss to us.

IvanIV repped this.