2015-16 Bundesliga Thread

Discussion in 'FC Schalke 04' started by cortisoljunkie, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I can see us buying Embolo only after selling Sane. There are rumours that Sane might say something about his future tomorrow but I doubt the question gets answered before the Euros end. Don't know if Embolo would then be still available.

2. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  3. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I hope that comes to pass. I don't think there's much separating Embolo and Sane in talent, and getting to pocket that much cash to swap for a player who fits your need at forward more; would be very good business indeed.

4. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  5. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes, looks like we might indeed buy him. Would be very nice, especially if Huntelaar leaves for Ajax.

6. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    dips82 repped this.
  7. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Assuming that Leroy Sane will be sold for 50 Mio afterwards as forecasted earlier, this is what your starting XI looks like. I expect Avdijaj to put up a good fight and contend for a starting spot with Schöpf. An additional wing attacker would be useful for depth purposes though. While for central midfield, Adam Nagy from Ferencvaros and the Hungarian NT would also be a good option. He's been one of the young standouts this EM. Defensively, you have Nastasic returning from injury. Kehrer and Karakas should be given a chance as well.

----------------------Embolo--------------------
    EMCM--------------Meyer--------------Schöpf
    ----------------Geis-----------Goretzka--------
    Kolasinac-----Naldo------Höwedes--Caicara
    -------------------Fährmann--------------------

8. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sane isn't sold yet though it will probably happen after the Euros.

I couldn't believe we would pay more than 20ms for player this season, but I was wrong. I don't know anything about Embolo but striker has been one of our weakness'. If he can fill that spot for the next couple of years, the money will have been spent well.

Btw Tönnies got relected to the board at todays annual member meeting. It wasn't sure with a quite dirty campaign being waged the last couple of weeks and months.
    I'm glad he stays. I can understand some arguments of his opponents but I think they are too late. The years after Magath were the right time to kick Tönnies of the board. Now future development of the club looks far too good to boot Tönnies. The incoming tv, gazprom and kit maker deals should put to rest any remaining doubts about the financial solvency.

9. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  10. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Still haven't heard many substantial transfer rumors emerge yet, but it appears like Weinzierl could be looking towards the youth teams for solutions. That Ghanaian winger, Bernard Tekpetey who played last season with the reserves is being touted by Gerald Asamoah and might be given a chance. Same with Alper Ademoglu for that extra central midfielder role. Other youngsters called up to train with the pros include Joshua Bitter, Patryk Dragon, and Kai Wagner.

11. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ademoglu is a very good talent but one shouldn't take too much out of the call ups in teh first weeks. They are mainly to fill up the team because so many squad members are still not back.

It looks to me as if Schalke is mentioned in every rumour though that is mainly name dropping from the reporter's side. Haven't heard from any more serious interest.

12. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Looks like Di Santo could be given a second chance. He's usually someone who needs more time to adapt to a playing system. I remember when he first joined Werder he struggled too. And it wasn't until his second season where he finally reached a breakthrough. He definitely has his limitations, but can still be a capable scorer when utilized properly.

I read that the Hungarian, Balasz Dzsudzsak's name mentioned a couple weeks ago being linked to you guys. But Heidel denied any connection there. Guess now that the EM is over we should be hearing more transfer action happening. Also especially with Avdijaj out for 3 months with injury. Tough break for the kid.

13. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  14. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  15. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Can't reject an offer of at least 50m. I wonder how Heidel would turn that in new players.

16. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Going to try and get a tour of the Arena on Monday. Will have to call on the day to see if they still have tickets available.

17. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Dusan Tadic of Southampton has been brought up as a potential replacement for Sane. There's also mention of you guys being interested in Luiz Gustavo.

18. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah, all kinds of rumours swirling around but first Sane's transfer has to be finalized. I wonder what will then happen. I could very well live with Gustavo, would be excellent, but I don't think we should spent 15-20m for him. That is above our price range for a 29-30year old player, no matter what happens with Sane.

19. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  20. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Doubt Meyer will leave this summer.

Heidel already denied the rumour saying he talked with Klopp just a couple of days ago and Klopp never mentioned any interest in Meyer. As they know each other from Mainz, Heidel is sure Klopp would have had said something.

I hope they can finish the Sane transfer in the next week or two, so that Heidel can move on finding a replacement.

21. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  22. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Embolo isn't the Sane replacement? Especially after Heidel said no 8-digit transfers?

23. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No, he isn't. At least I'm not aware of anybody who describes the transfer that way. Remember that we didn't sign a replacement for Draxler after his transfer last year, so there was still some money left. And the money from the new international tv deals made up most of the losses from the non-qualification for the CL.

Also keep in mind that there should be quite a bit of new money coming in in the next years, with the new national tv contract, the new Gazprom deal and hopefully the new kit supplier.

24. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    My point wasn't that there isn't money; it was that after Heidel said there would be no double-digit million transfers, he went out and made a big splash on a teenage winger right as he's set to sell a teenage winger. Which certainly makes it seem like Embolo was bought because Sane was being sold, given Heidel's announced intention of not making any big transfers.

25. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes, his statement about a limit for a fee was weird. He later said that Embolo's transfer still met this criteria because the sum will be paid in three annual installments of 7m or so. I really doubt that was what he had in mind when he made it.

I don't know what led to this change but I'm glad it did. It was a stupid statement to begin with.

So far I don't know of any serious rumours about player's Heidel is pursuing. Some pop up now and there but nothing looks anywhere close. Don't know how much of that is due to the Sane transfer. Heidel said that that would increase their transfer budget and therefore change the players they might target.