2015-16 Bundesliga Thread

Discussion in 'FC Schalke 04' started by cortisoljunkie, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Actually, if you guys end up signing Weinzierl then that could be a critical factor in keeping Hojbjerg or not. I remember he played some fine football during his time at Augsburg previously.

2. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  3. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes! I'm glad he will be back. Will be nice seeing him playing together with Meyer and Sane.

Btw Sane has been called by Löw in the preliminary roster for the Euro.

4. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We're being linked to Felix Platte, and I'd be cool with him coming in to replace Wood; but what does next season hold for Fabian Reese? Could you be looking to send him out on loan as well? Or will he get to train with the senior squad, while playing for the 2nd team?

5. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #130 Homa, May 18, 2016
    Last edited: May 18, 2016
    He signed a contract for the first team, so practising with the first team, getting here and there some minutes and playing a lot of games for the second team are possible. I could also imagine a loan spell, because we have three young forwards competing for minutes (Platte, Avdijaj and Reese).

I think our usual approach to someone like Reese is having him practise with the first team and not loaning him so that he can adjust to the new challenge. In the second year a loan speel looks more likely as getting playing time now becomes more imperative.

Rosebud repped this.
  6. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I just watched Heidel's first press conference at Schalke. Man, I'm glad that he will be our manager for the next years.

7. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    There are rumours we might be interested in signing Villa-Boas as new coach. Would be pretty surprising after all those Weinzierl stories.

8. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You've been linked to Sansone, would be a nice get. He could take Belhanda's spot, and provide more forward depth alongside ECMC to boot.

9. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04

sounds like a Gazprom orchestrated 'internal job transfer from one company office to another' .. so to speak :confused:

10. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I doubt Villas-Boas comes, that is more like wishing. Weinzierl is still by far the most likely candidate.

11. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    For what it's worth I liked Villas Boas previously. I think his english experience messed him up somewhat, as I really dislike his misuse of Witsel for Zenit; but he knows how to organize an excellent press, and some fluid attacking play that's perfect for highlighting a dynamic winger. Not sure how well AVB & Meyer would do together, unless Meyer could take over a Danny-esque role as the LW who plays like a 10, but he would help Sane continue to explode, while potentially being for great help to LeGo & Geis.

I'm still expecting Wienzierl, but AVB would be very interesting as well...even if I have a hard time picturing Heidel going after someone who's such a "big name" as his first coach.

12. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  13. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Weinzierl officially confirmed, took you guys long enough to finally sign a good coach. ;)

Still pretty quiet on the transfer scene though. I wonder if Weinzierl has a wish list to work with on who he wants to bring in. To be honest, I think most pieces on this team already look set. Several prospects should also be capable for earning a larger role.

cortisoljunkie repped this.
  14. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Actually it looks like Schalke could be in the market for a new left-back after all. Rumors circulating that HSV are working to bring back Aogo for whatever reason. It would not be a big loss IMO, I've always felt he was a weak link. But this does leave Kolasinac as the only remaining LB. So an additional player would be needed for coverage and depth. An alternative option though might be promoting Erdinc Karakas from your U19 team who looks pretty promising.

http://sportbild.bild.de/bundesliga...-an-dennis-aogo-rueckkehr-46131620.sport.html

15. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Belhanda won't be signed to a permanent deal after his loan spell expires. Correct call made here, as he really hasn't shown the qualities to be worth committing for that money. His spot in the roster should be given to Avdijaj next season.

16. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah, I agree losing Aogo won't be much of a loss and Belhanda in no way showed enough to pay 10+m.

I think our fullbacks are our biggest weakness, so I would be pleased if we could get someone new there, no matter on what side. We have either good players or at least good talents for all the other spots but our fullbacks are mediocre at best and most of the time just underwhelming.

17. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    There's rumors about a right-back named Ibrahima Mbaye from FC Bologna being linked to Schalke and Wolfsburg.
    And although it hasn't been mentioned by the press, I would recommend Ludwig Augustinsson from FC Copenhagen as a left-back to consider.

Appears like Bayern want 10 Mio for the release of Hojbjerg, which is pretty steep for someone who hasn't shown that worth yet. There's of course other alternatives on the market. The Slovakian, Andrej Duda could also be a good option for an additional central midfielder to rotate with Geis and Goretzka. Along with his teammate at Lech Poznan, Karol Linetty.

18. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Does Schalke really need any more youth in midfield? A vet like Rode/Strobl I'd have understood. A FB (or two), f*** yeah. A reliable forward, of course. But another young midfielder to develop? I'm not sure I see it making too much sense unless it's a great value.

19. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Heidel said he won't pay more than 10m this window for a player unless we make a big sell first, so I can't see us buying Höjbjerg atm. I think Höjbjerg himself also ruled out returning because he wants to go to a smaller club to get more playing time.

Well, veteran Rode has played as many games in the first Bundesliga as have Geis and Meyer. He has an additional season in the second on top but I don't really see his big advantage in experience here. Unless you just count more life experience because he is a couple of years older. That does matter up to a point.

20. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    While a fair point; he has experience being a part of a dominant machine that played late into the CL with expectations to win, which your kids don't (yet). He's also seen a lot more top league games from the bench than them on top of those matches he himself partook in.

But my initial point wasn't to add a Rode type to start over your kids, rather to add him to rotate in for them.

21. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I can see the benefit in adding another veteran, I won't contest that. It's only Rode as an example.

Sorry, but sitting on the bench doesn't give much benefit. It is allright in the early development phase but Rode had long passed that when he moved to Bayern.

If that were of any importance, bench players from Bayern would bloom once they leave for smaller clubs but most don't. Their career just stalls and a lot of time regresses while they soak up experience watching Lahm & co win games.

22. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  23. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What type of striker is he?

24. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Milik is a young versatile forward with decent mobility and quality technical skills. Good longer distance shooting range and control as well. He also has the ability to score goals from free kicks. Additionally, he's been a steady contributor for assists and lead Poland in that stat during EM qualifiers. Although he didn't have a very sharp performance against Germany during second group stage match, he has shown before where his potential can take him.

25. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Although based on the latest articles, Embolo looks more like Schalke's top summer target. Even Kicker has picked up on this topic. Basel want at least 20 Mio for his sale. This goes against what Heidel said a couple weeks ago on his current transfer policy, but a signing like this might be possible if the rumor of Leroy Sane to Man City for 50 Mio ends up going through.

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/..._macht-nun-schalke-bei-embolo-das-rennen.html