2015-16 Bundesliga Thread

Discussion in 'FC Schalke 04' started by cortisoljunkie, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    This guy....

2. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    That Kolasinac impact once again, just as predicted. :cool:

cortisoljunkie repped this.
  3. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    cortisoljunkie repped this.
  4. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    haha, alright. Well if it brings an extra few thousand adolescent girls, or guys, to the club :ROFLMAO:

Just got back to Cologne, it's like.. 1:40am. I've missed the old local trains around the Ruhr region :cautious: so much... flavour :confused:

Game wasn't great to be honest, like Augsburg, just frustrating. We looked bad, just happens Hoffenheim are utter shite so it worked out okay and we take 3 points. But honestly, other teams above us would've beaten Hoffenheim 10-0. this team just looks out of touch ..literally. Winter pause, would've liked it to be better, and it could have been worse too. So sure.

I haven't had a chance to look at highlights, but did EMCM know anything about that goal? Kinda looked like the ball hit him, rather than the other way around...

Atmosphere as usual, immense. This is my fourth visit to the Arena, for the first time all four areas seemed to really get involved in so many of the chants which made your hair stand on end.

I'm going to spend the day at Zollverein tomorrow. Spent the past 19 days just fluffing around doing tourist stuff and whatever Bundesliga I could get tickets for. A solid hit of education and background way overdue :eek:

Will post some stuff later on, bed is calling.

:sleep:

Epitome990 repped this.
  5. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Yea, I had Friday off and was able to catch the Schalke/Hoffenheim game before Star Wars later on in the evening lol. Glad that Sportsnet/Fox Sports was showing it live on TV but definitely wasn't a very eventful match.

Goretzka needs to continue to work on his shooting drills. He had a couple chances in the opening frame that kept dragging wide. Actually, the first shot was probably the closest he got. His shooting is an issue that I observed last week as well against Augsburg, although he was unlucky at one point to hit the crossbar.

Choupo celebrated like that was all planned, but that goal was certainly something "out of the blue". Huntelaar and Di Santo were equally as quiet up top. Sane had some active possessions but nothing too threatening other than some soft headers to the keeper.

1-0 was a fair result in the end, Hoffenheim were very toothless in attack. I think they might of had 2 legit chances overall were it was even remotely close. One was were Vargas was able to dribble into the box, but his shot went just wide. Then other was towards the very end off a corner kick, but Schar had completely scuffed it.

Zollverein sounds neat. Must admit, I've never officially visited cities or places in the Rhine-Ruhr before. Closest I've been was a bit north of there at the Osnabrück train station. But that was only a quick stop to transfer trains when travelling between Amsterdam to Bremen/Hamburg. I'm actually an industrial and train enthusiast myself, so one particular city in the RR I'd like to check out someday is Wuppertal. They have that cool elevated suspension railway.

6. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wuppertaler Schwebebahn. You know that once an elephant fell out of it, do you?

7. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Actually, I didn't know until now. Interesting to find out about it though lol.

8. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  9. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Und saufen Schnaps...

10. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    #85 Epitome990, Jan 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
    U19 player, Christian Rubio Sivodedov to join the pro training camp in Florida. Well rated Swedish prospect who moved to Schalke's academy last season. Along with Fabian Reese looks to be the top '97-born talents coming up.

11. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    #86 Epitome990, Jan 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
    Uchida should be back soon in the Rückrunde. Nastasic also took part in the winter training camp, but is probably still a few months away from making a return. While Di Santo looks to be pretty awful at baseball lol.

12. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Appears like Höwedes' injury is worse than initially expected. Benny will be now be out for up to 3 months, due to a muscle problem in his left thigh. Don't think Schalke is really going to search the market for a replacement at this point. Matip and Neustädter will probably have to carry most of the defensive responsibility. Kolasinac can also shift to CB if needed. Also a good opportunity to give Friedrich and Kehrer some playing time in the rotation.

13. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  14. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Nice matchday so far. A victory tomorrow and we'll have a nice start into the second half season.

15. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Errr...we'll see about that. Looking forward to the match against you guys tomorrow. :ninja:

16. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think we have a decent record against you playing at home in the last decade. I'm quite optimistic but the games obviously has to be played.

17. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ujah is due for a hat-trick soon. Hopefully it's tomorrow.

18. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Hard fought and intense game today, mate. A result and three points that Werder is seriously in need of. Anyways, should be a good Rückrunde ahead for both sides. Lots of important football to be played. Cheers.

19. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Huntelaar looked like he's ready to join Gomez, Eto'o, and Poldi in the Superlig.

Why not play ECMC up top, if you're not going to use a 4-3-1-2 to give Geis-LeGo-Meyer more help behind Sane & Choupo-Moting?

20. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That was a tough loss. Should have won the game after the first half but well.

I wasn't all that happy when Huntelaar's contract was extended. Looks like he is indeed passed it.

I think Choupo doesn't like playing upfront. But yes, he should be a good forward. His scoring is a bit iffy but everything else is fine for the position.

21. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  22. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That is great!! Who would have thought that after all the trouble in the summer.

23. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Looks like Schalke is back on track, responding with a 2-0 on the road against Darmstadt. Meyer MOTM, with one of his best games of the season. Sane among the goals again, snapping out of a scoreless drought since November. He seems very much like a momentum player, so scoring should help him return to form. Quality strike too, threading it past and even nut-megging the keeper. Geis nearly got the other but struck the wood work.

24. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Big game next weekend against Wolfsburg. Draxler makes his return to the Veltins Arena.

25. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Would be great if we can win it. Would put us 6 points ahead of Wolfsburg which is comfortable.