2015/16 A-League Season Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Australian A-League' started by el-capitano, Jun 19, 2015.

1. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Some big names released so far:

Newcastle Jets

Ins: Themba Muata-Marlow (Sydney), Andy Brennan (South Melbourne), Nigel Boogaard (Adelaide)

Outs: Scott Neville (Western Sydney), Jacob Pepper, John Solari, Sam Gallagher, JAmes Virgili, Taylor Regan, Jess Vanstrattan, Zenon Caravella, Andrew Hoole

Western Sydney Wanderers

Ins: Andrew Redmayne

Outs: Tomi Juric, Ante Covic, Kerem Bulut, Nikita Rukavytsya, Jason Trifiro, Nick Ward, Nick Kalmar, Antony Golec, Adrian Madaschi, Iacopo La Rocca, Yojiro Takahagi, Yusuke Tanaka, Yianni Perkatis

Sydney FC

Out: Sasa Ognenovski, Corey Gameiro, Milos Dimitrijevic, Hagi Gligor, Peter Triantis, Nick Carle, Marc Janko, Ivan Necevski, Bernie Ibini

Ins: Riley Woodcock (Perth Glory), Brandon O’Neill, Andrew Hoole (Newcastle)

2. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Melbourne City

Ins: Ivan Franjic (Torpedo Moscow), Steve Kuzmanovski (WSW)

Outs: Andrew Redmayne, Massimo Murdocca, Mate Dugandzic, Iain Ramsay, Rob Wielaert, Kew Jaliens, Damien Duff

Melbourne Victory

Ins: Danny Vukovic (Perth)

Out: Andrew Nabbout, Nathan Coe, Jordan Brown

Perth Glory

Ins: Antony Golec (Perth)

Outs: Danny Vukovic, Scott Jamieson, Brandon O’Neill, Daniel De Silva, Youssouf Hersi, Jack Duncan, Rostyn Griffiths

3. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Central Coast Mariners

Ins: Mitch Austin (Cambridge United, England), Roy O’Donovan

Out: Richard Vernes, Zach Anderson, Dejan Pandurevic, Tom Slater, Hayden Morton, Isaka Cernak, Brent Griffiths, Matt Simon, John Hutchinson

Brisbane Roar

Outs: Andrija Kaluderovic, George Lambadaridis, Adam Sarota, Kofi Danning

Wellington Phoenix

Outs: Michael Boxall (South Africa), Jason Hicks, Josh Brindall-South, Kenny Cunningham, Tyler Boyd

Adelaide United

Outs: Nigel Boogaard (Newcastle)

4. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Draw has been released, main talking points:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-06-...-league-season/6580680?WT.ac=localnews_sydney

5. sokorny

sokorny Member

Nov 6, 2014
    Westerm Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I think the two Melbourne squads look pretty strong this season, and Adelaide.

I see Sydney up there again, but bit behind the other three.

Saying all that it doesn't matter what you have on paper ... it is what you put in out on the field.

Don't see any teams outside of these four being competitive for the title this year.

6. theFOOTBALLlover

FC Porto, SC Freamunde & Fraser Park FC
    Jan 17, 2015
    Sydney
    City may have the squad but I don't know if they have the coach to challenge. Sydney on the other hand, might not play the best football and might not have the best squad, but Graham Arnold has proven himself in the A-league. I think Melbourne Victory should be favourites to win again.

7. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://refereeingworld.blogspot.com...aign=Feed:+RefereeingWorld+(Refereeing+World)

Australia’s first full-time referees
    Football Federation Australia (FFA) Chief Executive Officer David Gallop announced the appointment of Australia’s first three full-time professional referees: Chris Beath (31), Jarred Gillett (29) and Ben Williams (38). The trio (photo) have signed contracts for the Hyundai A-League for the next two seasons.

8. AlleXyS

AlleXyS Member

Steaua Bucureşti
    Apr 22, 2014
    Bucharest
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    when a expansion of A-League? I want to see 4 teams in ACL :D

9. thewitness

thewitness Member

Melbourne Victory, Derby County
    Australia
    Jul 10, 2013
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Not any time soon. Too many clubs in financial trouble. The plan was for 12 teams by 2017 with the new TV rights deal but that seems more unlikely now. There's still a threat of strike action delaying this season with the players union and FFA unable to agree on many issues.

10. AlleXyS

AlleXyS Member

Steaua Bucureşti
    Apr 22, 2014
    Bucharest
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    South Melbourne and Auckland City I think can resist in A-League, and have enough fans to be there :D

other zones ... Canberra or Tasmania :)

I think that the staff of FFA have too big expectations from the new clubs .... must have a big fan base ( 15 - 20.000), why 5.000 is not enough for the start? A stadium with all facilities and a max capacity of 15 - 20.000 can be enough to grow up

11. sokorny

sokorny Member

Nov 6, 2014
    Westerm Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Well Perth brought their a-game to nib last night and knocked over the defending champs, Victory. Victory looking like the shell of the team they were at the start of the season. With so much fire power up front they've had lots of trouble scoring of late.

Victory are set up for a quick counter ... perhaps teams have worked out how to play them (let them have lots of possession, don't commit to many forward in attack so they can't quickly counter etc. etc.)

Glory starting to get some alright game play into their matches now ... still think making the finals is the best I can expect of them this season, but thrilled if they prove me wrong.

12. Jessie_26

Jessie_26 New Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Hey guys

We are hosting a breakfast event at Somerville House with Brisbane Roar Football Coach, John Aloisi as our guest speaker.

It's set to be a fantastic event with an exclusive opportunity to hear about his vision for the Brisbane Roar in coming years and his extraordinary professional and sporting career.

If you'd like to come along then you can book tickets here www.trybooking.com/174300

Event Details:
    Date: Monday 29 February 2016
    Time: 6.45am for 7.00am start until 8.30am
    Venue: Honour Room, Foundation Building, Somerville House, 17 Graham Street, South Brisbane
    Ticket price includes a full breakfast and there is a discounted rate for students.

sokorny repped this.
  13. sokorny

sokorny Member

Nov 6, 2014
    Westerm Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Sounds good ... pity I live in WA :p

14. sokorny

sokorny Member

Nov 6, 2014
    Westerm Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Been a great season this one ... really open for the finals and also the premier plate. I'd say Adelaide would be my favourites to claim the plate. I also think Glory will sneak into the 6 ... so who will miss out? Sydney or Victory look the most likely!!

15. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Shush! ;)

The Wanderers did us a favour last week!

16. sokorny

sokorny Member

Nov 6, 2014
    Westerm Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Was a good game between the Wanders and Glory ... I thought a draw was probably a fairer results, especially given the circumstances of Santalab's goal. But Glory have two home games in a row coming up, including games against the Jets and Mariners ... so they'd be hoping for some wins there!

17. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Sydney have Abu Dhabi away and Nux at home. Trouble is down in Melb, you don't know which City is going to show up...... :(

18. theFOOTBALLlover

Jan 17, 2015
    Sydney
    If it means Arnie gets the sack, I hope Sydney don't make it. Dreadful football and it's not the type of football I want our club to play.

nipponbasse83 repped this.
  19. thewitness

thewitness Member

Australia
    Jul 10, 2013
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Adelaide are certainly playing well now, but I think the Premiership is the Wanderers to lose now. With that 2 point lead and not the hardest fixture they should hold on.

Adelaide still have to travel to Sydney twice as well as play City home and away.

Come finals time I think any of the top 7 are a chance to take home the Championship.

I think Victory will still make the finals, but with the ACL both Victory and Sydney might struggle from here in.

nipponbasse83 repped this.
  20. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Put some previews for this weekend's A-League matches on this site:
    https://japanesefootball.wordpress.com/2016/03/03/244/

Think Brisbane will get the win vs W Sydney, and should be 3 new easy points for Adelaide, so we might have another team at the top after this round. Also, possible upset for M Victory?

21. sokorny

sokorny Member

Nov 6, 2014
    Westerm Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Mariners don't really look like getting a win for the rest of the season. They really haven't progressed as much as they should have this season ... coaches problem? clubs? players?

22. theFOOTBALLlover

Jan 17, 2015
    Sydney
    I like the idea of what the coach is trying to do and I admire the club for giving the coach the opportunity to build a team to his philosophy despite the poor results. However, next year they need to deliver. If they are near the bottom next year, he shouldn't be there. You should be able to combine football and results when you've been given a whole season to shape the squad.

sokorny repped this.
  23. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    True, but acl can have taken its toll on M Victory. Long travel back from japan as well.

Nice profit in today's game!

24. thewitness

thewitness Member

Australia
    Jul 10, 2013
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Exciting end to the regular season this week, with 4 clubs still a chance to win the Premiership. I guess it's Brisbane's to lose from here, but Victory may not want to make it easy for them despite coming back from ACL in Korea.

25. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Berisha's brain snap makes it easier for the Roar.