(2015.03.31) JAL Challenge Cup : Japan x Uzbekistan [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Whispered11, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Kenbi

Kenbi Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  2. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Their defense wasn't very... you know... organized:
    Look at that offside "line" lol

[​IMG]

3. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    an image without a context doesn't mean anything. That could be a counter attack, at 2-0 you have to leave space behind you if you want to push etc.

4. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    overall Japan had definitely more chances. I also think the scoreline was excessive (3-1 would've been right imho, or 4-2) but that's what happens when "offensive Japan" converts its chances, so good.
    Happy about the coach's tactics so far.
    Hard to say anything about the players perfomances in such matches. Aoyama's goal was one of the best in recent years and I'm happy he was called up =)

I also noted that the Uzbekistan lineup is quite different from the one against South Korea too, so I am not sure\too lazy to check how it is compared to the one they were using at the asian cup.

Drew1404 repped this.
  5. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    nice but I hope he doesn't do that in an important match. defender almost cleared it in the end.

6. Keren

Keren Member+

Feb 15, 2013
    France
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Anyway, we used lots of new players too.

7. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Uzbeki was a great pain in the ass for us in the past, plus they are a rising asian team then I'm pretty happy to see this experimental japan beat them up so hard.
    Can't wait for a real match to test the new coach on real bases.

KiarashM and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  8. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Shibasaki's goal and Usami's goal was really good. They have good composure.

9. B_G_92

B_G_92 Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Nice international debut by Usami. But he should have done it four years ago. His career stagnated after he moved to Bayern Munich.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  10. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Halilhodzic post-game:
    • Spectacular match. The team will become faster and stronger
    • Effective and speedy attack in the 2nd half. I told the team to correct the organization and defensive blocks while going for additional goals on the counterattack and using aerial attacks. We scored several spectacular goals
    • Using 27 players in 2 matches came with risks but everyone played in harmony and competitiveness. We're off to a great start
    • There are 2-3 more players in the pool whom I find interesting
    • We showed great pace going forward and generated lots of chances in 2 matches. I've told the players to be brave, audacious and confident, and also to cast aside any complexes they may hold
    • Mizumoto was surprised at being assigned to play midfield, a position he hadn't played before. This was tactical - he's strong in the air, solidifying our defensive block. We tried to attack from the left flank in particular.
    • In terms of defense, I subbed in attacking players and asked them to actively play the role of 1st line of defense. This is modern football - today we were spectacular and collective, and scored very good goals.
    • In terms of tactics, Japan is a victim of its own complexes. Our first and second lines of defense were too far apart, so I instructed them during the 1st half to fix their positioning. In the 2nd half, we set a trap by positioning our defense deeper in our end and inviting them to come forward. As a result, we used the space created behind their defense in the counterattack, scoring 4 goals.
    • Aoyama's goal was a terrific volley, technically perfect. Shibaki's goals was spectacular as well - did you all notice that Okazaki intentionally refrained from touching the ball? This was a rare, wonderfully selfless act which was perhaps the most spectacular occurrence on the night.
    • I won't be at the WCQ draw on the 14th - I plan to be in Europe to scout our players. Shimoda or Daini will be there in my place - if we don't qualify, the blame is on Shimoda, not me.

marten48, GunnerTNB, sc-f and 4 others repped this.
  11. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    why exactly wasn't he called up earlier though? is his attitude and/or defensive capability that bad?
    he is very pleasing to watch, especially after having to watch over half a match of Inui, whose every movement seems so predictable.

12. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Yeah, Inui is so predictable that he has to play in Bundesliga, while Usami excels in the much higher rated Meiji Yasuda-league.

But jokes aside, yesterday wasnt Inui´s best game, I agree to that. But he should still be a regular starter imho.

Radu Razvan repped this.
  13. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    He's way too predictable for that. Kinda hit his ceiling tbh.

rougou repped this.
  14. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    It's this easy? :D

Always a good thing whenever stuff like this gets recognition.

15. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Inui's movements were so predictable that he kept beating whoever he had in front of him actually, and the goal crossed by Ota comes out from another one of his runs breaking into the defence. His problem is always the same, if he shoots, it's time to raise hands to the head

in friendlies, I guess... :D

16. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    lol, in other words another one of his runs straight into the defender, only this time Ota predicted it as well as us viewers and was in the right spot to put in the cross.

17. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    great, then his cutting into the defense works, it was working around the 13th minute too. I'm still waiting for Honda the winger to get past someone ever (or Kagawa =( )
    Here's another recent clip of his predictable movements straight into defenders

Majster2 repped this.
  18. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Let me post that one video where Kagawa does great to justify all his average performances, sounds reasonable.

19. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    sure, except he's done well

20. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Not really except if you consider the deflections from failed dribbles or his "shots" good. His best action of the game was the illegal corner kick that led to the first goal.

21. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    his shots weren't good at all, but he's done several good dribbles actually, like the one at 13'. His off the ball movement is also great to watch, often making the right run into space.

22. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Your runs may be great, if you can't do the right thing with the ball, no one's gonna pass it to you.