Pre-match: (2015.01.16) AFC Asian Cup: Iraq x Japan [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Majster2, Jan 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rioliogiz

rioliogiz Member

Chelsea
    Apr 12, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Vietnam
    Reminder that Endo and his through ball to Inui is literally the only reason Japan got these three points.

2. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    So Japan advanced to the next round. Unless they completely flop in the game against Jordan they should get out from the 1st place. Much better game than the last one against better team. And Okazaki trying his diving headers instead of just kicking the ball past the keeper with his leg...

3. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    It's a tricky position though. You're tempted to change all 11 players against Jordan but the margin of error isn't that big and Iraq are totally capable of putting more than 5 past Palestine. I still hope we save some of the tired players like Okazaki, Endo or Hasebe.

4. gamban98

gamban98 Member

Dec 7, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I love Iranian fans. :D
    http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/2015-afc-asian-cup-australia-group-d-discussion.2005582/page-23

5. HTCONEM8

HTCONEM8 Member+

AC Milan
    May 16, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    #30 HTCONEM8, Jan 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
    So... has Japan advanced now or what?
    Suppose they lost their next match and Iraq win theirs, all teams are even on points (6 points each). What is the criteria to be used in such situations?

6. Keren

Keren Member+

Feb 15, 2013
    France
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  7. HTCONEM8

HTCONEM8 Member+

AC Milan
    May 16, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Radu Razvan repped this.
  8. Drew1404

Drew1404 Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Wow, why are Iran fans like that towards Japan? Is it something to do with jealousy or competition over who's the number one team in Asia?

I'd be interested to see the head to head record between the two teams.

9. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Remember Kashiwagi for the game against Saudi Arabia last time? Zac surely won big that time.

10. HTCONEM8

HTCONEM8 Member+

AC Milan
    May 16, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    #35 HTCONEM8, Jan 16, 2015
    Well... simply jealousy & IgnoRANce!
    Tbh, there are some classy Iranians in BS but there are also some well known trolls whom I still wonder how they did not get any cautions despite the excessive trolling over the past couple of years!

11. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Yep. Let's hope Aguirre is as inspired. He hasn't been bad at all so far, getting the job done without much drama. He looked a bit sinister and melancholic in the post game interview, he's probably suffering from the whole situation.
    Either way I hope to see some Kobayashi against Jordan.

12. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Well deserved win for Japan today! I wanna wish you guys good luck for the next matches. It was a good game even though we lost :)

tako and Keren repped this.
  13. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Of course Nippon Daihyo is underperforming, but the wins were both deserved. And Iran is a tough opponent, but now Iran would win with a narrow margin against THIS Japan.

But against the actual one, without the miss and the sleepiness? I don't think so. And Korea doesn't play at all better than THIS Japan.

14. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #39 Dax, Jan 16, 2015
    Saw the match on the phone, couldn't watch. I thought it was a good performance. I liked the first '30 in particular. To be fair, Iraq kept leaving a lot of space for the japanese players so I wonder how they'll cope with more pressure later. But the lineup delivered, I liked mostly everyone. No real threats in defense, would like to finish chances in attack but oh well.
    A bit pissed at Honda. One post is unlucky, two is learn to put the ball into the net - the last one was embarassing. Still better than Kagawa though, wasn't too happy about him in the midfield but jesus he just can't score can he.

I think this is our 3rd 1-0 to Iraq lol?

15. Football Asia

Football Asia Member

Oct 17, 2014
    According to fifa Iran 7 wins Japan 5 and 5 draws

Drew1404 repped this.
  16. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    This an expected behaviour from people living in a closed and restricted country, that's why some of them have no knowledge about people and nations outside their country.

So don't blame them if they thought they are World Conquerors in any field!
    Man, some of them is still thinking they can get back the triumphs of their Persian empire, which was, along with the Roman empire, the world's biggest empire:cool:!

HTCONEM8 and Radu Razvan repped this.
  17. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    well, i need to download this game since it was on 4 am EST :(

18. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    guys, I didn't say anything because I had hoped we were going to move away from that soon, but please quit it with this Iran fans thing.
    If they're delusional, as they say, well "let them dream". Or answer in that thread. Please don't copy paste stuff from other threads to get some reps.
    But if you poke them, there's a chance someone could feel like replying here and no, I wouldn't like that. This is the matchthread about Japan-Iraq.
    Thanks.

GoYoungrokba repped this.
  19. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    You are from US?

20. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Come one Dax, it's funny what they say

uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89 repped this.
  21. Football Asia

Football Asia Member

Oct 17, 2014
    You mad that your amazing prediction of iran not getting out of the group was wrong? What happened to your beloved Bahrain? :(

Navid1337 and Zandi360 repped this.
  22. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Are you crying in a corner now? Your attitude is despicable. You are probably not Japanese, how is Bahrain nowadays? Good weather?

23. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #48 Dax, Jan 16, 2015
    No, it's not funny Radu because then someone will start reporting posts. I'm tasked with a job and there are higher ups above me who wouldn't be happy about the mess.
    now this thread has been ruined again. Wanna keep going? Do it in that thread, let's see how far it goes. I already see warnings going out there.
    I already know that closing it is the only solution left which is exactly what I'm going to do.

HTCONEM8 and Samurai Warrior repped this.