Pre-match: (2015.01.12) Asian Cup: Japan x Palestine [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Great game for the start. With typical highlights like Honda's space FK and Kagawa's back passes. Whatever, AC starts now.

2. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    #27 Rickdog, Jan 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
    No it doesn't mean that.
    All it means is that Argentina was having a bad day till that moment. The goal in regulation time simply put things back in order. Any team can get a scoreless draw, once in a while against a top team, if they decide to play antifootball tactics (CQ speciality). Getting a result as that, doesn't put you in the same level of against whom you got it. The only way it really does get you into that level, is by actually beating a top performing team (something Iran has never done in its life, while Japan has beaten Argentina before in regulation time. An issue that only exists in team meli fans wetdreams). ;)

Besides, I'd prefer to shut my mouth on that regard, if ever we've lost by 1-3, and couldn't even hold a draw to a team like Bosnia-Herzegovina ...... :D

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  3. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. You can not compare the budget that Japan and many other countries spend on their football with the budget that Iran has for soccer. Our team even had trouble to find a good practice pitch before arriving to Australia, and CQ took the team to the futsal stadium. Did I say that we are at the level of Argentina because of that WC game? No. I was saying that If we do not avoid Japan for quarter final we must believe in ourself because I think we can win that game. Iran did not play anti-football against Argentina. If you believe we did, that is just your idea.

2. For bolded part, Iran never have played friendly matches against top teams because of financial issues. So we can not judge. If we had that opportunity we would have prepared better for WC games. Why did you count the the result of friendly matches? Who cares about that? If you care, Iran beat a team like Russia in the friendly match too.

3. Based on your comment I am assuming that you think Iran does not have any chance to beat Japan if we face them in the quarter final of AC but I think we can although I prefer to avoid them for quarter final. You have your idea and I have mine. That Bosnia team was deserved to beat Nigeria and qualify to the next round instead of Nigeria. The referees robbed their correct goal against Nigeria. That team beat Ivory cost and Mexico before the WC. They started to decline after the WC. Note that I attacked to CQ a lot after that game. We needed to win but he started to play defensively in the must win match.

If I am not wrong I think you are the same guy who Predicted Iran will lose all of its WC matches 5-0!!!

4. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rickdog, do you think which one is a better head coach Carlos Queiroz or Javier Aguirre? I welcome to hear the opinion of other fans about this.

5. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Yeah, I was wrong about that. I admit it.
    However at the end still was correct saying your team were going to end as last in your group and among the worst of the whole tournamnet.

But weren't you among the guys saying that not in a a lifetime, you guys would lose to Bosnia-Herzegovina ?.
    :p

6. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I hate CQ's tactics, as I believe that what he does is not playing football (but that is me, and I don't pretend that everyone feel the same way that I do). On behalf of Aguirre, as most mexicans do, at least he plays football as it is meant to be.

One against the other, I prefer Aguirre. Which doesn't mean he is better, simply says whom I prefer.
    ;)

AIL1998 repped this.
  7. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was not hard to predict that Iran is favorite to finish bottom of the group at the WC 2014 (Note that I believe we could do better at the WC with some other coaches), but I was sure that Iran will not lose 5-0 in any of its matches and I am glad that you admit the bolded part.

8. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was not. After our first two games, I even said that if we think the last game is easier than our first two games it will be harder. However I do admit that I said Bosnia is our best chance for 3 points. That game was terrible for us and one of the biggest reasons that I am not a big fan of CQ.

9. rioliogiz

rioliogiz Member

Chelsea
    Apr 12, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Vietnam
    Missed the match, but I'm glad Endo scored :cool:

10. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    'cause I always have sympathy for the underdogs and more in general Palestine. a 6-0 would've been tough for them. Would like to see them fighting to snatch a point somewhere.
    If us making it out of the group becomes a question of goal difference then we suck.

Samurai Warrior and datschge repped this.
  11. faiyez

faiyez Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Costa Rica
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Palestinians don't make it easy for themselves.

12. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  13. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Huh - very strange for some reason, I've been able to view all of the other matches of the Asian Cup off the official channel, but for some reason, for this particular game it is "not available in your country" (Qatar) :mad:

14. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Pity is not the best mark of respect.

15. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Sympathy for the underdog team means not pity. I have the same kind of sympathy for underdog teams in all the international competitions too.
    And there's even the political side (nothing to do with Dax obviously) where Palestine sympathizers support the team while Israel sympathizers not.

Actually I'm for them in the Jordan match.
    Exactly as I supported Iran in the WC: underdog sympathy + asian pride (sport perspective) + can't bear argentinians (lol)

About the match: Endo scored and imo he will play all the matches.
    Can't wait for Kagawa to do something kagawesque but effective too.

16. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Doesn't have anything to do with pity. I doubt any rational palestine fan expected anything more than trying to contain the loss, so that's what I was hoping for. They're the underdogs here, and I hope that they do as well as possible. I can see them pulling off a surprising win against Jordan or a draw if everything clicks.

17. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    It's clearly pity when you wish your team don't score any more goal by regards to the other one. They're grown men, whether they lost 4 or 12-0 doesn't change anything when it comes to their game against Jordan.

18. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Hasebe with an early contender at worst shot of the year around 4'28 :

19. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Jesus I can't believe that's what you got out of my message. I didn't hope that Japan stopped playing or didn't score "by regards", wtf. I was hoping that Palestine was able to stop Japan scoring too many.
    First of all, they're not robots, so yes it does affects morale. This isn't Tahiti at the Confederations Cup, they're also trying to achieve something. Second, and more importantly, it would have meant that they also have to be extremely concerned about goal difference in the next matches with a 12-0. Not that with a 4-0 now they don't have to.

20. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    dude you were sentimentalist, it's ok we all are. Besides they won't beat Iraq so goal difference doesn't make much difference.

21. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    it's very unlikely but if they also beat Jordan a draw with Iraq would mean GD if we beat them too

22. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Why can't you bear Argentinians?

23. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    you can ask him via PM Gordon...

faiyez repped this.
  24. marten48

marten48 Member

Jun 2, 2012
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Let's just agree to say it goes both ways. No way I want to start this particular debate on this forum.

25. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Japan need to do more, especially against a 10-man Palestine. No excuse for the subs not to step it up.