2014 World Cup Stadia

Discussion in 'World Cup 2014: General' started by gremio1903, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Galo Vingador

Galo Vingador Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Belo Horizonte
    Club:
    Atletico Belo Horizonte
    Yeah, and the stadium will be ready on time. We still have two weeks to go, and all the remaining work to be done are small reforms. The bulk of the work is done.

2. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Arena Pantanal

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

locoxriver repped this.
  3. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Arena da Baixada

[​IMG]

installation of a translucent LED façade

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bosnian Diamond repped this.
  4. Galo Vingador

Galo Vingador Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Belo Horizonte
    Club:
    Atletico Belo Horizonte
    Itaquerao looks like a printer from above.

leonidas, clubamericalara and locoxriver repped this.
  5. db1709

db1709 Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Melbourne, Australia
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    At first I didn't like it but I got to say that Arena Corinthians is one impressive stadium!

6. silicus

silicus Member

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Feb 26, 2008
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    locoxriver repped this.
  7. Hayaka

Hayaka Member+

Jun 21, 2009
    San Francisco North Bay, Bel Marin Keys
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Every day there will be matches starting at either 4pm or 5pm. I hope that the setting sun was taken into account in the design of the stadiums. Fields partially enclosed in shadow can have a real effect on a match, not to mention viewing the match on TV. From this page it looks like Baixada, Pantanal and Itaquerao are generally enclosed, so hopefully shadows won't be a factor at those venues.

8. clubamericalara

clubamericalara Member+

Jun 20, 2013
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Club:
    Club América
    i noticed that as well especially in Pernambuco where the sun was indeed setting

9. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    the solution is to have the borders of the roof translucent (or the entire roof).

Maracanã, Beira Rio and other PTFE roofed stadiums have their entire roofs translucent, so the transition from shadow to sun is quite smooth.

the stadia which have opaque roofs, usually have a translucent border, so the transition will also be less noticeable.

you are talking about Arena Pernambuco above, but the stadium was already tested at last years Confederations Cup.

Uruguay - Italia, 13:00, Salvador

Spain - Italy, 16:00, Fortaleza

Brazil - Uruguay, 16:00, Belo Horizonte

Brazil - Japan, 16:00, Brasilia

Uruguay - Tahiti, 16:00, Recife

Mexico - Italy, 16:00, Rio de Janeiro
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzE6o-CFX9g

10. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    the two stadiums in Porto Alegre

this one will host the World Cup and these are it´s lower tier circulation areas a few days ago (they will be like that in the World Cup)
    [​IMG]
    view of the pitch in the first row... oops, where are the sidelines?
    [​IMG]

this one was never even considered for the World Cup, despite having larger capacity, being more modern, having crowds CLOSER to the pitch and with better viewing angles, and being finished one year earlier than the first stadium renovation works.
    1st tier
    [​IMG]
    2nd tier
    [​IMG]
    4th tier
    [​IMG]

view of the pitch at first row

Bosnian Diamond repped this.
  11. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  12. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Why would anyone be worried about the riots? Go ask some ticketholders in the Confederations Cups who got hurt by stray rubber bullets; it did happen (I read personal accounts in Brazilian media - of course I don't have the links right now because news don't stay up on websites for this long, but at the time I did read about it, including a ticketholder who lost the vision in one of his eyes, from a rubber bullet injury - he wasn't protesting; he was just trying to get to the stadium to watch a game). Also, they have the potential to create traffic disruptions and make it harder for fans to get to the stadiums. I do think that the massive police presence will make it safe for the fans, but I think most people who have been to a World Cup (I have) expect a big party with international friendship and all, and being in a place with riots, barricades, tires being burned, the smell of tear gas in the air, is less than pleasant. I do respect the right of the people to engage in protests; but we can't deny that it taints the world cup experience. However, it's looking like the riots will be much smaller this time if they do happen, as compared to the Confederations Cup, so this is good.

13. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    The Arena Corinthians is looking like a stunner. What a beautiful stadium! It will be even more beautiful once the roof is fully completed and the temporary stands are removed, after the Cup is over.

14. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    What is happening to Beira-Rio? Will the Fire Department approve it in time for its first game? If not, are there talks of transferring the game to the Grêmio stadium?

15. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    I meant the very small sector to the left of the main central stand, not the big sector on top of the stands behind the goals which I do understand are the temporary structures.

16. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    lol... moving the World Cup to another stadium 3 days before the matches?

one-two years ago yes. Now? Absolutely not.

as for the fire department, they said there were some problems with exit and emergency lights in the stadium. So since the last fire dept visit, the small details must have been fixed. The fire dept will visit Beira Rio again tomorrow

"A última vistoria, na sexta-feira passada, não foi suficiente para obter a documentação em função de problemas na iluminação de emergência e sinalização das saídas do estádio, que receberá cinco jogos da Copa do Mundo.

— São problemas que devem ser de simples correção — disse na ocasião o tenente-coronel Adriano Krukowski."

17. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Oh, OK, then. I thought the problems were much bigger.

18. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    as a Gremio fan I would absolutely love for the matches to be moved to Gremio Arena... but that needed to happen many months ago. The complexity of moving stadiums after tickets have been sold, FIFA temporary structures mounted, all FIFA banners installed, etc... they would need an entire month just to redo that... not counting the numbered tickets sold.

19. Beautiful_Game

Beautiful_Game New Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Manaus will be the worst. Why did they schedule matches in the middle of the jungle?

20. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    I'm starting to think that everything will be all right.
    Read my take here: http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads...lion inhabitants. It's not exactly the jungle.

21. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    please, repost the link...

22. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
  23. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

well, nobody said Manaus is the jungle, but that it´s located in the MIDDLE of the jungle, which is true. Even if Manaus was the size of São Paulo, with 20 million people, it would still be located in the middle of the jungle.

24. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    #500 Brasitusa, Jun 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
    Yes, but what is the problem? Manaus is located in the middle of the jungle but is a large metropolis, it's not like there will be jaguars and cannibals eating the tourists. My point is that when people say "in the middle of the jungle" it evokes a kind of imagery that is just not accurate. So, from this photo of the stadium sitting pretty in Manaus, it doesn't look like all sorts of wild animals will be jumping on the ticket-holders...

[​IMG]

The user above said "Why did they schedule matches in the middle of the jungle?" Well, what I'm saying is that the *matches* are not in the middle of the jungle; they are at a very modern, brand new stadium, which is situated in the middle of a large metropolis, which in its turn is located in the jungle region. Let's not over-dramatize the situation.