2014 WC Qualifying - Back on Track!

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Orange14, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    PSG are playing a 4-3-3 in the matches I watched.

2. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  3. Quackmore

Quackmore Member

Jun 5, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It'll be a good test for both teams. Colombia has some really scary players.

pepinointer repped this.
  4. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Sneijder scored again today

5. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Siem De Jong replacing Kuijt. Ugh. Really a testimony of how thin the forward line is. It will be interesting couple two matches... Can Oranje find the net? I am assuming RvP and Robben will play in limited capacity given their recent injury problems and in anticipation of busy holiday schedule.

6. Antario2

Antario2 Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    De Jong is an upgrade over Kuijt as a striker in my opinion. I don't see many other talented strikers around at the moment except maybe Locadia and Castaignos. RVP and Huntelaar might last till Euro 2016 then it will be up to the De Jong brothers for a while :eek:.

7. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I thought that de jong brothers, were real outstanding talents!!

8. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Antario2 and pepinointer repped this.
  9. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    No, they're not. Luuk hardly ever plays over at BMG and Siem is just slightly better then Ricky vWolfswinkel, and even thats debatable

10. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    We get players at the front equipped for the 4-4-2.

Luuk de Jong
    Siem de Jong
    Depay
    Lens

We might have to reside playing 4-4-2 if a real good 4-4-3 striker is not standing up.

11. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    I won't be surprised if RvP will be around for another 3-4 years. His game is not built on speed and aggression (both attributes decline after a certain age), rather RvP's attacking force come from his intelligent positioning, composure and creativity -- which age like wine :thumbsup: And his conditioning is top notch. Look at Klose (who is 35/36?).. one of those strikers who can be at the right spot in the right time .

In the meantime, let's hope that Depay makes a gigantic leap. He seems to me a pretty decent technician with eye on goal, maybe an RvP-lite in the making? Van Wolfs, Dost, and L. De Jong are way too static in my liking... more of KJH-lite. Good enough for qualifying rounds against mediocre teams or minnows, but would get locked down against the big boys.

12. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Agreed with all that.

Our only saving grace might be that often our best players seem to come out of nowhere. Ruud, Stam, Strootman for example. None of these guys were on anyone's radar until they sorta exploded onto the scene

13. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Zivkovic?

14. Bran

Bran Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Nijmegen
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    They never really were that great, Luuk de Jong looked average and people's best hopes for him was that he would become the next Dirk Kuyt, but not even that happened. Sadly Luuk De Jong now goes down into the history of Gladbach as their worst mispurchase ever. Siem is not much better, in the midfield he is terrible and as a striker he has a limited use.

15. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Siem does have 5 goals in 10 matches so far this year, so he's not a complete donkey

16. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'm not that impressed with him. He also missed a very easy chance this weekend in the first half. I hear he is linked with all kinds of top clubs, but as of now, he must be happy to start for FC Groningen.

17. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    man from my experience.....dont care a lot of with definition in young forwards, his others characteristics are the one that will make diferrence, will have a lot of years to improve......jackson and falcao, in youth teams werent so effective like his partners (rodallega -fulham, dayro morneo, wason) , in that moment the credits were for that guys....and now they arent part of the nt,,,,,it seems that only had definition....

obvioulsy i cant say that all cases are the same....but i think, that definition in youth teams have to be a little underrated

18. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Van Persie and Clasie out. Fer and Davy Propper in.

I guess Lens will play as ST then, with Robben and Depay/Narsingh on the flank.

19. Antario2

Antario2 Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Or Depay/Lens and Robben as inverted wingers with Siem de Jong as a false 9.

20. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    For those of who you think strikers who suck for their clubs and who also suck for their countries and yet score many goals in either Euro or World Cup, you better think again!!!

A list of those who PWNED many a countries in the world cup:

21. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  22. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  23. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Robben on a website -

About the WC -

Our final goal is to become world champions in Brazil

It's a realistic target and we won't go there with the attitude to just see how far we can get

We must survive the group stage and if we progress, the world title is our dream

About the Up-coming Friendlies -

These matches are not about getting points, but they're important

These are two countries you can end up playing against in Brazil. Most people talk about Colombia, because they're that high on the Fifa ranking, but maybe Japan is even an more difficult opponent

I know a lot of players from the Bundesliga. Besides that, [Keisuke] Honda and [Shinji] Kagawa are very good players

On Captaining Oranje -

It's an honour to be captain of your country. It's the most beautiful thing

I don't feel extra pressure, maybe a bit of positive pressure. I know what people are expecting from me. I won't change because of the captaincy. I will stay myself

24. If I had the choice between Cronaldo and Ibrahim, I choose Ib because we kick the crap out of Sweden, with or without Zlatan. On the contrary with Portugal...well..I prefer to be silent.

25. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Ha ha....history would prove you right :)