2014 U-23 Asian Games [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by jsk14, Jun 10, 2014.

1. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Buddy BSK can get real racist too, LOL.

2. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Kim Shin Wook: "I'll leave for Europe with the AG medal around my neck"

[​IMG]

"In truth, there is no guarantee I'll be picked as a Wildcard. But I can say that if i am picked I will try my best. Ive talked with others like Son Heung-min about the Asian Games. I have alot of experience playing in the Asian stage so my experience will be helpful. We need to win this tournament for the whole country."

Kim Shin-wook will also have no problems with the participation of the Asian Games. Stupid coach Cho Min-gook bought in his replacement with Yang Dong-hyun from Busan I'Park and has promised Kim Shin-wook he will let him go if needed.

"I am thankful for the manager for trusting me. In truth after experiencing the World Cup, I think the K League players can match the European players. Keun-ho hyung scored a goal. But to be better, I think you must play in Europe."

Germany's Hertha Berlin, Frankfurt, Stuttgart and such have made an offer before. Portugal's Benfica and France's Lyon have shown interest before.
    "Scotland's Celtic - I told them about that I cannot move because of the military issues and they approached me by saying that they can solve the issues for him (LOL). But I refused as I said I wanted to confidently solve the issue by myself."

Kim Shin-wook who gave up the Summer transfer season for the "gold medal success" said the success rate is "40%". We have not won the Goal medal since the Seoul Asian Games in 1986 and he knows that.
    But with his experience in Asian Champions League glory and Asian Cup appearance, he will give his all with advantage of home ground.
    "The percentage is 40% which means the 60% is the percentage of failure. I might regret my choice in the future who knows. But now is not the time.
    If that time does come I might quickly do my service and try for Europe afterwards or go for a quick loan and come back which ever way."

Kim Shin-wook has said to increase the winning percentage he must do his best in the time remaining. This means doing his best for his club.
    "The players who came back from the World Cup are very sorry to the fans for not performing to expectations. With the confidence from the World Cup I will translate into my performance on the pitch."

Kim Shin-wook cautiously said he wants to play for Bundesliga or Premier League where there are other Korean players.

3. Ohhii

Ohhii Member+

Nov 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

shinović89 repped this.
  4. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    -Squad expected to be announced on the 14th or 15th (August)

-The draw for the games to be held on the 21st (August)

-First match held on 14th (September)

[​IMG]

Ohhii, Seol Korea and jsk14 repped this.
  5. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

Ohhii and Jitevra repped this.
  6. Ohhii

Ohhii Member+

Nov 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  7. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Possible candidates for wildcard.

[​IMG]

8. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

9. Tazza

Tazza Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Shin Hyung min? Wtf...

guy probably means son heung min

10. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    SHM is not overage. He's only 22.

11. Tazza

Tazza Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Oh yeah haha. I keep forgetting because of how long he's been on the scene and the issue of whether his club will let him play.

But seriously, shin Hyung min? Really hope this isn't true

12. TigersOfAsia

TigersOfAsia Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    WTF Shin Hyung Min ditch Pohang to make Arab money already. He isn't even a part of the plans for the KNT going forward..
    Anybody know why he's one of the "leading candidates"?

13. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    a korean DM that's actually getting playing time and in form..

killaorca repped this.
  14. Ohhii

Ohhii Member+

Nov 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    If you want to win a tournament like this the first you look to strengthen is the team balance. You want a strong pillar supporting the young players so we can get more consistency. We have the big hold up striker and the experienced GK. Now they need a "control tower" CM and Shin Hyung Min is the only guy available that fits. Sure there are more prominent names available but they don't help the balance or overlap with the U23 players we already have. Shin can also play CB which is nice since Jang Hyun Soo and Hwang Do Yeon have a history of being injury prone. We'll be needing multi players in a 20 man squad.

He transferred to Jeonbuk recently.

skimmilk, KyopoOhNo and wetcrispy repped this.
  15. Tazza

Tazza Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Still I'd rather bring somebody that's more likely to be part of the KNT setup in the future. And shin Hyung min has never proven to be a good defensive midfielder. He was beaten out by skeletor and when skeletor got too old, it was his chance but he failed and eventually Han kook young and even old Kim nam il was favored over him. I remember that 4-0 drubbing we got from Croatia when he played DM.

I would much rather take Han kook young, who should have been a member of the olympics team or park joo ho, who has been one of the most consistent KPAs and is only a year younger than shin

16. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  17. inten

inten Member

Apr 27, 2014
    Will JDW get called up? Not sure if Dortmund would bar him from going.

18. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm not sure they would give the spot to JDW when he already has military exemption.

19. inten

inten Member

Apr 27, 2014
    He's only 23, so he wouldn't be a wildcard

20. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    He has exemption. Why would he be called up???

21. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    My comment has nothing to do with his age. A gold medal in the Asian Games grants military exemption. JDW already has military exemption because he was on the bronze medal team at the London Olympics. Other players need the spot on the AG team. JDW doesn't.

sac517, Seol Korea and skimmilk repped this.
  22. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  23. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    GJ:

"Son Heung-min is in the 2014 Incheon Asian Games squad."

Bayer Leverkusen is giving green light to his participation. BUT it might come at a cost as his participation in the Asian Cup 2015 is in the air.

Also, the squad is about 90% done and all 20-man squad including the Wildcards are all non-exempted players. Kim Shin-wook is pretty much confirmed.

sac517, KyopoOhNo, Hodori and 3 others repped this.
  24. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The Wildcards candidates have been officially confirmed. 6 players to choose:

[​IMG]

Kim Shin-wook (Ulsan)
    Kim Seung-kyu (Ulsan)
    Lee Yong (Ulsan)
    Lee Myung-joo (Al Ain)
    Shin Hyung-min (Jeonbuk)
    Park Joo-ho (Mainz)

My opinion:
    Kim Shin-wook is 100%. Kim Seung-kyu is 99%. The remaining 4 fights for the final card.

Lee Myung-joo: Greatest option out of the 4. But Al Ain might not let him participate
    Shin Hyung-min: On-form DM. But we dont know how much GJ really rates him.
    Lee Yong: RB the biggest problem out of the back four. Fatigue issues (Cho Min-gook you bastard)
    Park Joo-ho: One of the best Euro-based players last season. LB is covered by Kim Jin-soo and many more.

So who knows...?

wetcrispy and Seol Korea repped this.
  25. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    KSW, KSG, LMJ and we're good to go.