2014 Tix Application?????

Discussion in 'USA Men: World Cup Fans & Travel' started by helpmenow, Aug 15, 2010.

1. helpmenow

helpmenow New Member

Feb 12, 2002
    san diego
    How long before we can sign up?

2. lovingthegreen

May 29, 2006
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. I don't know the answers for-sure and there are others out here in BS Land who have been to more Cups than I have, but FWIW ...

1. Outside of saving up $$$ and possibly learning Portuguese, or maybe a vaccination or two, don't even worry about it for a couple years. I think RSA started taking names about 18 months before the tourney. London 2012 is just now taking names for tickets and Euro 2012 doesn't start until Spring 2011. So much can change between now and 2014 that there's not a whole lot of practical use for what you find out now.

So much of my RSA trip would have been easier if I had just paid a little more attention to what the experienced travelers (rksehga, thethinwhiteduke, etc.) had said. Forum boards can have some really crappy info/advice, but this forum seems to be overall pretty good and have folks who really know their shite.

2. I don't think the date you sign up with FIFA has a lot to do with ticketing priority anyway. For RSA, they collected names for however-long and threw them all into a virtual "bucket" for drawing in different phases. In other words, there's no difference between signing up the day they start taking names and the day before the first phase lottery. It's not first-come-first-served with emails.

3. Outside of USA TSTs, it makes no sense to order tickets until after the draw, which is, what, about 8 months before the tourney?

FWIW, I thought the USSSC was a pretty good vehicle for getting WC tix. For RSA, it was like a special mini-section, the seats were good, and there was no problem for pick-up. They (USSF) *said* founding fans (those that joined in 2009) got priority but I'm not so sure if that's true or, if it is, what it looked like. But for $50/year, the discounts and gear make it worth it. But someone else mentioned that the USSSC could horn in on AO/SA ticket allotment, so I'm not sure how to feel about them overall just yet.

My $0.02.

4. helpmenow

helpmenow New Member

Feb 12, 2002
    san diego

Thanks

5. supaeagles

supaeagles Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    you have long ways to go. Early 2013 is when you should start investigating ticketing options/hotels/flights. Until then sit back and relax. If you are very interested in the daily ongoings in Brazil such as stadium and infrastrucutural developments, then look into this forum - http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=781858&page=88

6. helpmenow

helpmenow New Member

Feb 12, 2002
    san diego
    Thanks

7. mhume

mhume New Member

Dec 14, 2005
    Ticketing starts August 20, 2013. You can apply for site specific games although the draw will not be until December. My question is if I apply for and receive tickets to a site specific game, but it later turns out that the U.S. team plays in a different city on the same date, will I be precluded from getting tickets to the U.S. game?

8. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Let's use this thread for this.. https://www.bigsoccer.com/community/threads/brazil-2014.1440239/page-10

Your answer: you have a household limit of 4 tix per game, I don't believe there is a daily limit so you won't be cross checked. But i wouldn't put anything past FIFA... :)