2014 Real Madrid Summer Tour & Preseason

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Horsehead, Jul 14, 2014.

1. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I do not care about the attacking play and build up during this tournament. I do not expect Modric on the left flank and the Alonso-Illarra pair to produce more than what we saw. But mainly i'm concered about the defense. Is it because we dont have a proper B2B or we are trying a new tactic, any way this defense sucks. It reminds me of the 2003-2004. Classic Real Madrid.
    P.S: Casillas was terrible. I defended him earlier but if he's not gonna get his sh*t together against Sevilla, i admit i was wrong.

2. DrunkenNoodle

DrunkenNoodle New Member

Aug 2, 2014
    My beard
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hey fellas, first post. Would have liked some wins, but preseason is preseason. Only thing that has me concerned is the tentative play of San Iker. Confidence is a key part of keeping, and it's hard to get back. But let's see.

Don't know about you guys, but I love Carvajal's passion. Sure, he plays on the edge, but he's 22 and love to see him play like he's trying to earn a starting spot.

Romanero, ItsNotHames, CR7PT and 6 others repped this.
  3. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Being positive isn't the same as reality.

4. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    I appreciate the concern, but did others not notice a big difference in fitness? It looked like Sergio Ramos, Xabi Alonso and Modric were playing in cement shoes.

Ancelotti: Casillas will start the Supercup and then we'll see what happens.

Also.... I was reading a few comments re: the crowd at The Big House and saw several saying the TV feed greatly underrepresented the madridistas because of the large number of pink jerseys. Didn't occur to me during the game, guess it makes sense.

MadridFan22304 and S1na repped this.
  5. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    #880 libertao, Aug 2, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
    If we draw them in the CL, that is a serious cause for alarm :D

Phoenix Rising repped this.
  6. DrunkenNoodle

DrunkenNoodle New Member

Aug 2, 2014
    My beard
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, felt the same, we looked a step behind fitness wise. I just attributed it to the fact that most of their squad hasn't had a big game since February, and spent more of their time in Brazil at the churrascaria than on the pitch. :)

Alma Merengue repped this.
  7. kweyork

kweyork Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Was at the training session yesterday and the match today.

Only positive is Bale was extremely sharp in training and during the game. Looks like this will be his year to claim best player on our team.

raven3k, natenate101 and MerlinRM repped this.
  8. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Been following Bale's preseason development and I'm genuinely excited for him.

9. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Marca photo-shopping the stadium to make it look like there are more Real fans was hilarious :ROFLMAO:

10. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Yaaaawwwwnnnnn

Next

MadridFan22304 and sleepyvato50 repped this.
  11. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We were missing our key players. Yes that includes Ronaldo who had no business getting involved in this game, and yes it involves Di Maria and Benzema. And we played many of our other key players in wrong positions or in a system that doesn't suit them. Nothing to take from this game. Virtually zero meaning. Keep calm and move on.

Only thing that is of concern is obviously Casillas. He just doesn't cut it anymore, hopefully the club realizes that and lets Ancelotti do his job.

Deep Pal repped this.
  12. pramod

pramod Member

Realmadrid
    Sep 4, 2006
    Hyderabad @ India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Playing Iker is joke , it was as if we had our keeper send off and playing with 10 players.... a single official match like thie would lead to uncertainty of carlos future .....

all our player are lazy ducks , our defense is shit

first game 0-0 second game 0-1 and this game 0-3 ..... why iker simple find other team and get last.............

13. rhexis07

rhexis07 Member+

Jan 24, 2007
    Singapore
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    [​IMG]

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

sleepyvato50, Crimson, raven3k and 3 others repped this.
  14. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I expect a defense consisted of Nacho-Ramos-Pepe-Arbeloa perform better than what they did.

Deep Pal repped this.
  15. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    [​IMG]

Here we go ....

Van Gaal: "The game was not a friendly. Real didn't want to lose; we won and deserved to win".

16. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The fans were crazy when Ronaldo walked onto the field, especially the guy in blue and red jersey with his iphone. He had to stand up and shoot the most special moment of his life. :)

RMCFkevin, CR7PT, Deep Pal and 1 other person repped this.
  17. pramod

pramod Member

Realmadrid
    Sep 4, 2006
    Hyderabad @ India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India

it also say Casillas ....still hurts

18. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Even Marca not sparing him this time... "Off to the Supercup wearing diapers."
    [​IMG]

19. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Edited: What he really meant to say: "The game was not a friendly. We will not play anyone outside England this year. This is our CL and Europa Cup too. We won and deserved to win. Our youbg players will know waht it meant to play against a club playing in Europe. Hoepfully, we can sell them to Ajax, CSKA Moscow or Olympiakos in the future where they will have more chance paying in Europe."

20. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    All this brouhaha about the revolution in OT being brought about by broken nose big mouth LvG will reduce to comedy gold when the likes of Chelsea , ManC thrash this midtable club once again with a bunch of useless players who were exposed brutally last year .

Lyra repped this.
  21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Isco is not a striker. Not a false 9, not a CF, not a striker behind a real 9. He's a midfield player.

End of story.

Going into the season with only Benzema is terrifying.

MadridFan22304 repped this.
  22. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #897 Hsain85, Aug 3, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
    Not all No.10 can be converted into false 9. Isco won't work there. We need a world class No.9 who can offer something different to what Benzema can offer. Falcao might be the perfect solution.

But regardless of this, Isco needs to get rid of the Dribble First Pass Next mentality.

ItsNotHames repped this.
  23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ancelotti needs to stop rotating him around the pitch and play him in a position where his skills are paying off. At this moment, it seems to me as if he's using him as an excuse for us to not sign another striker.

ahnaf and natenate101 repped this.
  24. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is the first time since 1983 that Real Madrid have not won their first 3 preseason games. In that season, they finished trophy less.

After 5 consecutive summers in the USA, Real Madrid will return to China next year for preseason having last played in Asia in 2010.

S1na repped this.
  25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Last season we looked pretty good and tactically inventive in the pre season, but as soon as the season started, we looked terrible (Betis match for example).

raven3k, sleepyvato50, Lyra and 2 others repped this.