2014 Pre Season Player Moves

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by BostonRed, Aug 10, 2013.

1. WNYChelseaFan

WNYChelseaFan Member

Apr 5, 2014
    NY
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #2001 WNYChelseaFan, Apr 5, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  2. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    #2002 MRAD12, Apr 5, 2014
    When it comes to the USWNT players, that's hogwash. Did you see what they make per year? It's not peanuts.

I used to think the USWNT players were poor soccer girls making maybe $30,000 - $50,000 per year. Solo and Morgan maybe more due to endorsements.
    When I read the release of what some of them make, and this is player(s) who haven't even solidified a starting role on the team, I was shocked. 6 digit figures? That's not chump change. So when some of them cry about wanting to be in this city or that city, I have no sympathy for their whining.

Also, do they really want a domestic league? Or are the USWNT players so focused on playing on the USWNT team that playing in the NWSL is just a nuisance to them?

That's why I love that Semanni is bringing in new kids to the USWNT team. It breaks any sense of entitlement or "Good ole Girls Club" feeling that players may or may not have.

Again, to the USWNT allocated players, play where you are allocated to play in the NWSL and don't whine. All can't play for one or two teams. Otherwise the league will not last long and then we will all be asking why.? But we'll know why.

3. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  4. Tokonta

Tokonta Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Begoña Villarrubia 04/02/2014 10:03
    The lack of that el Barça announce it in an official manner , Sonia Bermúdez ( 29 years) ha decided to follow them pasos de la ex capitana Vicky Losada y poner rumbo al New York Flash . Both jugadoras , puntales del equipo de Xavi Llorens , volverán to coincide gracias a la llamada Pedro Martinez Losa , ex del Rayo y ahora second technical del equipo American . Dejan huérfano the un medio que va a tener Barça that recurrir market this verano al hacer to confront these sensibles of bajas tan .
    Sonia es la current Pichichi de la Liga with 26 goals. Absolute international, es uno de los referring femenino del fútbol español de los años y una last jugadora linked al successfully con - five leagues three con el Rayo y of y con el Barça - of - Hearts - Rayo y Barça . Ha been de la Liga goalscoring maximum en 2012 y 2013 y va camino repeat en la current management .
    Sonia ha despuntado since sus beginnings by y su juego touch smell scorer . En su primera season en el Barça Anoto 38 sips y sigue en la misma emphasis , batiendo records . Su golazo against Espanyol el dio la vuelta al mundo y su reciente ' hat trick ' en cuatro less than minutes ante el Levante LP dan fe del inmenso talent this jugadora that llaman a la la ' femenina Messi '

Read more : http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20140...new-york-flash_54405367810.html#ixzz2y42qfGXY
    Follow us on : https://twitter.com/ @ mundodeportivo | http://facebook.com/MundoDeportivo.com

5. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Wow, that's a bad translator service you're using to only catch about 50% of the words. X-D

6. Forgedias

Forgedias Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Nice upload, watched it. Yeah Kat got burnt by Kayla Grimsley, she is the top scoring player for South Carolina in their whole history. But Kat played much better for the rest of the game. She is a great 1v1 defender. Can take an attacker's tackle and keep the ball and then pass it from the back out. Isn't always forced to go to the goalkeeper to relieve pressure or long ball it out. She played very well after that early mistake.

Erika Tymrak really showed why she is such a phenom on the ball. The ball clued to her foot, did a lot of dribbling and creating space to work passes and shots.

Sabrina D'Angelo is a freshman here. Huge difference from the way she plays right now. She rarely ever left her line in this game. The Sabrina that plays now, is a sweeper keeper. She plays outside her box with the two center backs and she starts a lot of the offense by deciding to launch her patented left footed kick down the field. She is a much stronger kicker now as well.

Good upload.

7. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It certainly wouldn't happen in the NBA.

8. cpthomas

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think so. But, last year they had a group of local-living players they could draw on if needed.

9. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    #2009 MRAD12, Apr 5, 2014
    Look, I know where you're getting at.

The NWSL is not an established league like the NBA. It is in it's infancy trying to survive more then 3 years.

Also, the USWNT players are paid by the USSF and supposed to be allocated and the USWNT player wealth is supposed to be spread around to all the teams for a couple of reasons, 1.)- to generate attendance among all teams by having popular USWNT players; 2)- to lessen the burden of player payroll costs among all teams.

So if two or three teams are getting the brunt of the FREE USWNT players because players want to play at certain places and not in others then for the league's sake and it's growth and survival it is NOT good.

If what you want is a pro league of west coast teams only consisting of Portland and Seattle with an occasional visit from Kansas City, then I don't know what to tell you.

10. cpthomas

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not disagreeing with your main point about the potential for team imbalances that could be harmful long term. I'm just pointing out that this is not the women's national team players. This is professional athletes, including a bunch who make what the USWNT players make look like peanuts. I think you're singling out the USWNT players like they're doing something no one else does, and that's not right. They have leverage and some of them may be exercising it in their own self interest. Should they disregard their own self interest? Do they owe us something? I don't think there are easy answers to those questions.

11. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I love what Portland has done. I've been on the internet trying to pick a game that I can come and watch in Portland this summer.
    I've lived in Seattle and seen the passion of its soccer fans. I am a big fan of many Kansas City players and I think they have the best coach in NWSL.

But 3 teams does not a league make.

12. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Well, somebody's gotta lose...

13. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So it appears that the next moves in this checkers game is Vero is 'signed' into the available international slot on WNY and then sent to Portland as the player to be named later. That opens up the international slot for Sonia Bermudez. Looks like Rincon is not going to stay with the Flash.

In 2011 when we had 3 Canadian players, Oh Canada was played before the Star Spangled Banner each home game. Maybe we get Marcha Real this year for Losada, Bermudez, Adraiana, and Asst. Coach Pedro Losa. Wikipedia says it is one of only four national anthems with no official lyrics.

14. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I got the impression Rincon turned down a contract

15. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe that is true; however I have not seen confirmation anywhere. I think the Portland-WNY trade put another nail in that coffin.

16. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
  17. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Early May?
    That means Vero will be there for over 80% of the regular season.
    This gives Alex Morgan another year to heal her ankle.

18. ForeverLOST108

ForeverLOST108 Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Orlando
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    She won't stay in Sweden if Tyreso make it to the final?

19. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Will Tyreso be out of business by then? [​IMG]

20. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    No, they are pretty sure to still be in business past that but they may not be able to pay Vero's salary (or Marta's). Still seem odd that she should leave before the final if they survive the semi, it make perfect sense she should if they fall in the semi.

21. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    #2022 Blaze20, Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
    Soooo.... Are we gonna talk about the rosters or what?

First interesting talking point is the incredible lack of depth on the Portland backline. I know most teams have players that play multiple position but usually just pick one but it seems the Thorns have listed 5 defenders. One who will not join the team until June and another who will be on national team duty. That leaves Marshall, a person who was at the door step of retirement, Menges, a rookie and Moros, who have been playing overseas.

Looking at the midfield core, potential defenders are obviously Brooks, Huffman or Long.

FawcettFan14 and FCKCEvans repped this.
  22. ForeverLOST108

ForeverLOST108 Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Orlando
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It'll be interesting for sure regarding their backline. I hope Moros works out because I certainly remember her struggling from time to time with WNY.

23. FawcettFan14

FawcettFan14 Member+

Mar 19, 2004
    Colorado
    I started a new thread about the official rosters. It seemed like a distinct topic from player trades and transfers.

24. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008