2014 PDL Schedule

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Socarchist, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Socarchist

Socarchist Member+

Feb 21, 2010
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    The Earthquakes' PDL Schedule is on this linked page: http://www.uslsoccer.com/schedules/2014/66628072.html. Clicking on the team name leads to a bad link so looking just at the Earthquakes' schedule is not yet possible.

My speculation that the team would play locally was wrong. The home venue is Cal State Stanislaus in Turlock.:(

2. Quakesss

Quakesss Member+

Nov 16, 2013
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This link is bad.

3. Socarchist

Socarchist Member+

Feb 21, 2010
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    It still works for me, although I can't explore the USL Pro and W-League schedules anymore and I could a little earlier. I got the link from a post on the USL board.

4. Quakesss

Quakesss Member+

Nov 16, 2013
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I tried Firefox and Chrome :(

5. SJTillIDie

SJTillIDie Member+

Aug 23, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    looks like they are all road games?

6. lurking

lurking Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Makes sense, San Jose would be very expensive for college kids and other unpaid players.

7. Socarchist

Socarchist Member+

Feb 21, 2010
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    14 games: 7 home games at Cal State Stanislaus; 7 road games.

8. Quakesss

Quakesss Member+

Nov 16, 2013
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like we are in the South West Division. I think this is a really interesting topic because of the Open Cup Birth. Lets me start by saying that the top 2 teams in each division qualify for Open Cup. In the Northwest division, there are 2 Canadian team who cannot qualify at all, so the good thing about being in that division is that you have a better chance to get in because one of the Canadian teams can place top 2 so the 3rd team qualifies etc.. But the thing about the Northwest division is that the teams are very very tough. Even the Non MLS pdl teams are very well run and organized. To me the South West is easier. The most exciting thing about the U-23's is Open Cup. How cool would it be to have to Quake teams in it. Quakes vs Quakes U-23 Open Cup Final ;)

9. Seismothusiast

Seismothusiast Member+

Jul 14, 2006
    Modesto
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I'm sure many of you are disappointed that home game will be in Turlock, but as a Modesto resident I am thrilled for two reasons. The first is just plain selfish. The second is that the Central Valley is a market that needs to be tapped! The Raiders and the Kings have proven that folks will travel from Stockton or Modesto if there is outreach. This is a very good way to bring up the level of awareness, and might capture some of the old Modesto Gold Rush of Stockton Cougars fans who have lost their teams.

10. Socarchist

Socarchist Member+

Feb 21, 2010
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
  11. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not disappointed at all. It doesn't make much sense to have the PDL team in the Bay Area. The PDL team will basically just be playing in front of fans (the few who would show) who can already get their fix from the MLS team. Now the PDL side can spread the Quakes brand out over more of NorCal and service fans a little outside the typical reach of the Quakes MLS team. Add to that Sac and we've got a good amount of coverage of NorCal with Quakes or Quakes related teams.

Seismothusiast and alexiskool1991 repped this.
  12. Ender500

Ender500 Member

May 4, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    It's local for me so I'm happy. Hopefully they will still be playing there when it comes time for me to transfer there.

13. Socarchist

Socarchist Member+

Feb 21, 2010
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
  14. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team: