2014 Full Season Prediction Thread

Discussion in 'New York Cosmos' started by oneeyedfool, Mar 16, 2014.

1. oneeyedfool

oneeyedfool Member+

Nov 17, 2012
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My 2014 Full Season Prediction:

The Cosmos suffer a Sophomore slump in the Spring season and do not win the title. Some of the luck that went our way in Fall 2013 doesn't go our way, the rest of the teams closed the talent gap to a certain extent and we end up coming in second or third in the short season. This galvanizes the team to add talent for the Fall. That talent doesn't arrive in time to help the Cosmos before they fall to the Red Bulls in the US Open Cup. However, the newly fortified Cosmos come out stronger in the Fall season and dominate, all the way to winning a second straight Soccer Bowl.

Attendance for the Spring home opener will not be a sell-out, but it will still top 10,000. I think overall attendance will hold strong and maybe even improve slightly due to the work the Cosmos have done getting their name out in the Long Island community. Average attendance tops 7000.

2. oneeyedfool

oneeyedfool Member+

Nov 17, 2012
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, sadly my prediction here was too optimistic. While I was correct the Cosmos would fall short in the Spring due to underestimating how much other teams improved in the offseason, I was wrong that they would bring in reinforcements for the Fall and win the Soccer Bowl. Happily, I was also wrong about the Red Bulls. Sadly, my attendance guess was way off. Hoping for better in 2015!