Pre-match: [2014 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers] Korea vs Iran 2013/06/18

Discussion in 'Korea' started by jsk14, Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It isn't conspiracy it actually happened. Our players complained to the press

2. Ohhii

Ohhii Member+

Nov 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    lol and now it's a conspiracy...

Mudang repped this.
  3. Zafaraniyeh

Zafaraniyeh Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Please, let's not get into this talk of politics again.

edkwolverines repped this.
  4. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    We were never an enemy of iran in football but just an intense rival. But now iran created itself a new one and in the future we will do watever possible to deter iran from going further in an event

5. Operation Opera

Mar 18, 2007
    Goodluck with that. And with the recent badmouthing from your coach our players go to the field extra motivated.

6. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Except we over match u pound for pound even with the exclusion of our best players. Cq is only reason u guys have a chance. Paying someone over a million dollars a year has its benefits

7. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Four more days of this *sigh*

Just get this WCQ over with one way or another.

Mudang and Hodori repped this.
  8. 12th Warrior

12th Warrior Member+

May 27, 2006
    Iranians may be the most hospitable people in the world (not to mention their mammas are great cooks) but the Football Federation of Iran didn't get the memo. My Iranian source told me that the football association often resort to childish tactics when they host other teams at home. Some of the examples he cited were: bad accommodations, creating noise pollution outside the hotel so the visiting players can't sleep, bad training pitch and the team bus "getting lost" on the way to the training facility.

TaegukWarrior, Mudang, msc43 and 2 others repped this.
  9. Operation Opera

Mar 18, 2007
    I dnt consider Korea as a enemy in football. But some class is expected, Koreans are nice people.

10. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    well i dont know anything about irans culture except eating koobideh and luleh kabobs. and eating hummus which i eat everyday for health reason cause iam trying to body build. but the IFA should be a representative of irans hospitality/culture for people who are informed like me. first impression is everything and with this current state of iranophobia its Footabll federation isnt helping

11. Ohhii

Ohhii Member+

Nov 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Lying to be nice is not class.

12. Zafaraniyeh

Zafaraniyeh Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I share the above sentiments - I actually think it would be neat if we both qualified together. It's always good to have a rival and that's what I see in S. Korea's football team. While the Saudis are our historical rival (similar to Japan for S. Korea), I consider the Koreans to be our footballing rival.

Over the past 20 years, we've showcased some of the best football the continent has to offer and alongside Japan, have had the most talent sent to European leagues. Having Iran, Japan, and S. Korea all play at the World Cup is a testament to both the diversity of cultures in Asia but also footballing styles.

So while many may hope that we are disqualified and look forward to watching our players on the ground after the match, I hope only for the best and congratulate S. Korea regardless.

13. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    No more posts about the facilities please. And keep post related to tactics or news related to the game.

edkwolverines, wetcrispy and Mudang repped this.
  14. Operation Opera

Mar 18, 2007
    Seriously, hatred in sports is always linked back to politics. On political level relations between both North and South Korea and Iran has been good. We are sincere on our hope for peace on Korean peninsula. However, with the recent badmouthing of your coach i am starting to doubt if it was a one mans idiocy or if there is more to the story. hmm....

15. Ohhii

Ohhii Member+

Nov 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Wasn't talking to you... Why the hell would i care what you eat.

16. Operation Opera

Mar 18, 2007
    Iran football federation are bunch of incompetent bastards. We Iranians know this, your coach's complaint should be only targeted at the useless IFA officials, not the ''bad mannered Iranians''

17. Operation Opera

Mar 18, 2007
    What the hell? I am not talking about food.

18. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    i just thought that you said i was lying cause i all of a sudden bring up persian food.

19. Shinuke

Shinuke Member+

South Korea
    Jul 21, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    miscommunications miscommunications everywhere

20. Ohhii

Ohhii Member+

Nov 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    lol life without the quote button

21. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    whatever i deleted that post

22. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Lol... I love playing Iran. All of these Persian posters come out from the wilderness with their ridiculous posts.

But above all else, I love that we can potentially knock them out of WC qualification yet again! :D

23. ibmlogo

ibmlogo New Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Ima sorri to say, but we Koreans don't dink Iran at all as rivale. I mean, what have u guys done? in any competition? LOL. You guys cant even qualifi for Olympics

I know you lok up to us and think you are same level but lets be real. the onli prospect you have is a german borned dejahga and a player in the belgium legue. oh, and you guys try to find anyone with irani blod and put himk on ur team.

Japan is our rival, not Iran.

Mudang and Keren repped this.
  24. LongLiveEZLN

LongLiveEZLN Member

May 2, 2007
    Club:
    Perspolis
    I have great respect for S. Korea for its achievements in the last 50 years. You guys have done a tremendous job of elevating your nation and are now among the most advanced in the world, and the best to live in.

That being said, we are gonna beat you on Tuesday... you'll be lucky to get a tie

The Lions of Asia will beat the Tigers of Asia

cheers and good luck

25. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    You need to stop bitching that match took place when Tehran was hosting the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM). Dignitaries from 137 countries and all of their entourage were in Tehran at the time, all the best hotels were indeed booked. But that doesn't mean your team were sent into a dumpster. They got a hotel as well, and if it wasn't infact that bad. Hence why we didn't see any pictures of the 'atrocious' hotel, accommodations and facilities that you were provided. All I saw was a bald spot infront of a goal post and that's all you needed to start this bitching campaign.

One thing is for sure and that's the fact that Tehran's worst possible Hotel is still 10 times better that anything in Lebanon. So this hints more towards your couch looking to find excuses in anticipation of his team getting beaten. And the same thing holds true right now. CKH knows he's about to lose so he wants to have some sort of an excuses for it. Nothing else.

As I said in the Group A thread, while some of you are in la la land and think this is over and you're already through and even think about eliminating Iran. A simple 2-nil loss sends you to the playoff spot.

Operation Opera repped this.