2014 FIFA World Cup qualification (AFC)

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by hammad_friend, Jul 29, 2011.

1. serro

serro Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    who is ahmad al kashar ?

2. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia

Doesn't seem to be strong squad ... many players are above 26 years of age ... Where is Dagriri ? He should be included in the team ...

3. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Ahmed Kashar is GK for Raed.Its certainly a worst choice when you have a top form GK from Ittifaq Fayz Al Soboyai who had let on only 1 goal so far in SPL.Dont know what made the coach to select him.
    Regarding the squad its the same old decent squad.Rijkaard have been using the same bunch of players since he has taken over and has got enough time with them to know the players and if still he fails I wont sit back to call him the worst coach ever the Saudi NT have ever seen.

4. Samiun

Samiun New Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Assalamualaikum, who is Saudi arabia's top player?

5. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    So? 25-30 are the prime player years. This is the best years of a player's life, of course you would call them. Dagriri is still too young.

Depends on who you ask.

Personally my top four are Mohammed Noor, Osama Hawsawi, Abudallah Shuhail and Waleed Abdullah.

6. Samiun

Samiun New Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Tbh, I was expecting yaseer al-qahtani if he's still playing.

7. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Yaser hasn't scored a goal in 20 matches for the NT.

8. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    But he is scoring and assisting in scoring goals in UAE league.

9. serro

serro Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    ^
    still not good enough .

10. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    UAE league? srsly? the biggest joke in the region.
    Players only go there for the money. Have you watched the games? Have you checked their performance in the CL?

11. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    Stop trolloing you troll

12. Samiun

Samiun New Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Relax guysss.... I think Egypt is a really good team maybe same level as the Saudis when they almost draw but lost to brazil 3-4

13. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    To be fair players are moving to UAE and Qatar league because of money only.
    @Samiun-Where do Egypt come into picture suddenly.

14. Samiun

Samiun New Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Assalamualaikm, uhmm I think Egypt deserved some credit because there isn't a sub- topic in the forums. I would like to hear your opinions on Egypt x Saudi Arabia as I see them both as really strong football countries.

15. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I have old memories regarding Saudi x Egypt.The most which comes in mind is the Saudi-Egypt Super Cup which was used to be played between clubs and the matches used to be great.Egypt football is strong but unpredictable.They perform and win Nations cup in one day and second day they dont qualify for the World Cup.There league is also going no where with riots happening in matches every now and then.

16. serro

serro Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    they also lack the money to make the league more pricey , if we combined their standards with our money , maybe just maybe we can get the world cup .

but we need to combine the two nations first which impossible :(

17. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    How serious is Abdoh Autef problem with Shabab.I think the team is lacking a players like him.Hope everything gets solved soon and see him back in the NT.

18. serro

serro Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    ^

no man we should get red of all the spoiled players , no matter how much talented they are .

19. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Any predictions for KSA-Thailand.
    To be fair I beleive the team will go all out against Thailand specially when the teams tail is under fire.Fans more likely to add to the teams strength as the FA is pushing hard to fill the stadium.Seriously hoping Rijkaard to avoid mistakes in starting line-up as did in prevoius three matches.
    My prediction-3-0.
    Favourable Line Up-
    Waleed Abdullah
    Hassan Muaz
    Osamah Muwallad
    Osamah Hawsawi
    Rashed Raheeb
    Saud Kariri
    Mohd Noor
    Ahmed Autef
    Ahmed Fraidy
    Yasser Qahtani
    Naiif Hazazi.

20. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I think Saudi Arabia is capable of beating Thailand in Riyadh (provided that Saudi Arabia plays a fast & attacking game from the start and do not just pass the ball here & there in the field but actually make serious attempts on goal like shot on target from long range, etc.

I pray and believe that Saudi Arabia can beat Thailand and believe me, if Saudi Arabia wins this match then the Morale of the entire team (including the coach) will be high otherwise, any result apart from a win for Saudi Arabia will result in 02 things:

1. Bye Bye to Saudi Coach (Frank Rikkard) which will be unfortunate as he didn't had enough game IMO.
    2. Saudi will be out of qualifying contention.

So, Saudis must make effort to win this match and Home Crowd support should do the trick this time around as this team is Thailand, not North Korea ... ;) where opportunity have to be taken on spot.

BTW, from which country the referee will come to officiate this match ?

21. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    The referee is from Hong Kong.
    Anyways if Saudi loses this match they still have a chance to qualify provinding that Thailand loses both there matches against Oman and Australia.IMO Thailand will park the bus as they will want to preserve the points lead they have and keep Saudi under pressure.So if this is the case then KSA should go for all out attack and if Rijkaard still doesnt manages to do that then I would not move behind to call him the worst coach Saudi has ever seen in its history.

22. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia

Yes, Thailand will surely park the bus in front of goal !!!
    This will be Thais main strategy ...

The only way Saudis will be able to beat this will be via 03 ways:

1. Shot from long distance (at least to test the keeper)
    2. Aireal Ball for Header in 6-yard box (Naif Hazzazi will be key in this situation).
    3. Fast & furious 1-2 touch movement for penetrating the Thai defense and then shot on target from within the penalty box.

Saudi Arabia is capable of doing all the above 3 points .... so should do it.

I hope referee from Hong Kong doesn't take side of Thailand otherwise, Saudi Arabia will be playing against 12-man team ... :D

23. zhuangzi

zhuangzi Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    We're out to do you guys a favour:

24. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    The team playing good so fa.Some easy chances missed.Hope to continue in the second half as only 45minutes left for do-die.

25. serro

serro Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    surprising result oman defeated Australia , now we need to take this chance and get the lead , 9 pts left .