2014 FIFA World Cup qualification (AFC)

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by hammad_friend, Jul 29, 2011.

1. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    We have introduced many new players like Nawaf Abed,Yahya Sehri but the problem is that they lack maturity and attitude.

2. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Ummm...what does that have to do with our better record in away games? :confused:

Except Yasser Qahtani, Shalhoub and Noor did not play against Australia. Many of the old players were left on the bench or not even selected. (Yaser Al Qahtani is 28 I think. Not that old but I still think he shouldn't play for the NT)

3. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    One thing I could see that players were really hurt after the loss and I am optimistic that we can come out with blazing guns against Thailand.As there are lot more days to go we the team can arrange a friendly with a strong east asian side probably South Korea and gain some confidence before the match.

4. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I've sent the following e-mail to Saudi FA:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To: info@football-saudi.com
    Subject: Saudi FA - Kindly Review the suggestions given on the world soccer forum after KSA's game against Australia -
    Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 18:21:58 +0000

Dear Your Highness,
    The President of the Saudi Arabian FA

After the match against Australia; following is the summary of analysis for Saudi FA to take a note and action upon. The same has been discussed in depth on the world soccer forum which can be viewed on the following links:

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?p=24294301#post24294301

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1792962&page=11

First of all & Most importantly, Frank Rijkaard doesn't know the team outside of a few training sessions since he came in after the Saudi season ended and had no friendly games to see the team’s performance and its players, so, the Saudi FA should not relax now and must arrange friendly games for the National Team within this month (before the Thailand Game) for Rijkaard & players to know each other well and to gel together as a cohesive unit. Saudi FA should also agree to play friendly game on foreign soil.

In future, Saudi FA should always arrange friendly games for Saudi National Team (either home or away) of FIFA day and do not miss this opportunity ever!

Saudi actually played well against Australia as there were some Good short passes and some decent through balls. The goals they let in were defensive blunders i.e., the second goal and the penalty, which was harsh by the Japanese referee.

We can take example of other teams who have performed better than Saudi at present. We see Jordan and Kuwait have coaches entering their 3rd years with the national team. They have laid out plans and despite some hiccups and bad results for the National Team, their FAs have backed their coaches since 03 years now. If Saudi FA thinks the answer is sacking the coach then they should really re-think again. Saudi Arabia has one of the world's major coach, who is an asset and must be retained for at least another 5 years term. What Saudi FA needs to do is to bring up new players who can replace the ageing players in the present national team ... This is called rebuilding a team …

Saudi built-up their national team after failure in World Cup 2002. In rebuilding the new team (after 2002), there were young players (e.g., Yasser was in his early 20s at that time) and the young players lacked experience so they failed in Asian Cup 2004 ... But !!! the same team gained experience within those 3 to 4 years of failure and they were successful afterwards as they not only qualified and played well in the world cup 2006 but also reached the finals of Asian Cup 2007 so, similar strategy is required now and Saudi FA must have patience in the present coach while the brining up new young & talented players in the National Team as it is in rebuilding process ...

The coaching turnover has an adverse effect on the team's past glory. The results Saudi team does get are because of individual quality shining through. This can only gets resolved if Rijkaard is given time, and he should continue as coach even if Saudi fail to get past the 3rd round. He has barely been in charge for a month with no international friendly games and / or competitive matches...

5. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    It's unlikely that we can get a friendly before the next match. The next FIFA international days are 07-11 October.

Our match against Thailand happens on October 11th.

6. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    And the FA is doing the National team Good? Look, they have better away record that does no take away the fact that the FA is destructive more than anything...It does not take awaw the fact that they are a bunch of incompetent decision makers..

7. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    LMAOL so much for your time

8. serro

serro Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    no i don't know what's keeping them down .

the team needs a good defence , that's it .

btw hammad friend : the penalty was 100% correct .

9. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    We can have friendlies on non fifa days.For example-Jordan-Tunisia,UAE-Qatar,Jordan-Indonesia which were played on non-fifa days..

10. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8_WZZI4ncQ&feature=player_embedded#"]‫?????? ?????? ?????? ??????? ??????? ???? ??? ??? ???? ??????‬‎ - YouTube[/ame]!

11. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
  12. serro

serro Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
  13. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I'm going to try to translate the main points in the interview (VERY Roughly, not word for word):

1st question: Who do you think is the player the media talks about the most?
    Answer:Mohammed Noor

2nd question: Why do you think that is?
    Answer: I have a great respect for Mohammed Noor and we might select him as well as other players to get new blood into the National team because we're thinking of the future rather than veteran players. I'll be monitoring the national league and the door is still open for all players including Noor to be called up to the NT.

3rd Question:Mohammed Noor is a player known for slowing down the Tempo of a game. Is that why Noor might not be useful to you on the pitch?

Answer: I have never heard of that and never said it either. As I mentioned before, I respect Noor an the door is still open for him to be recalled.

1st Phone call question: Isn't there a contradiction when Mr.Rijkaard says he wants new blood but is willing to recall the 33 year old Mohammed Noor? Also, with 4 days between the Oman and Australia games, wasn't it hasty to change 6 players in the starting line-up? Also, you mentioned that Australia was a stronger NT so why did you not provide some more support for the defence?

Answer: Getting new blood into the NT is important but it doesn't mean the complete exclusion of experienced players as I have selected players over the age of 30 in the NT (B_P's note: Saudi Kariri and Otaibi come to mind in this). I never said that Australia was stronger, I said they were a strong favourites to progress, not a strong favourite to beat us at home. The result against Australia was never because of a small things like Not calling Mohammed Noor but Australia are in a better situation than us but we have the resources to build a strong national as good or better than Australia's

And the video ends there.

14. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    The Saudi team will camp in Kuala Lampur ahead of the teams clash with Thailand and will meet Indonesia as pre match friendly on 7th October.

15. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    The team announced for training camp in Malasia for the Thailand match-
    حسن العتيبي الهلال-Hassan Otaibi
    سعود كريري الاتحاد-Saud Kariri
    وليد عبدالله الشباب-Waleed Abdullah
    معتز الموسى الأهلي-Moatiz Mossa
    ياسر المسيليم الأهلي-Yasser Musailem
    احمد عطيف الشباب- Ahmed Autef
    حسين شيعان الشباب-Husaain Sihaan
    احمد الفريدي الهلال-Ahmed Fradi
    حسن معاذ الشباب-Hassn Muath
    تيسير الجاسم الأهلي-Taysser Jasem
    أسامة المولد الاتحاد-Osamah Muwallad
    نواف العابد الهلال-Nawaf Abed
    أسامة هوساوي الهلال-Osamah Hawsawi
    عبدالعزيز الدوسري الهلال-AbdullAziz Dosary
    عبدالله الزوري الهلال -Abdullah Zori
    محمد الشلهوب الهلال-Shalhoub
    راشد الرهيب الاتحاد -Rashed Raheeb
    محمد نور الاتحاد-Mohd Noor
    ماجد المرشدي الهلال -Majed Marshadi
    يحيى الشهري الاتفاق-Yahya Sehri
    محمد عيد النصر -Mohamed Eid Bishi
    نايف هزازي الاتحاد-Naif Hazazi
    عبدالله شهيل الشباب -Abdullah Suhail
    ناصر الشمراني الشباب-Nasser Shamrani
    كامل الموسى الأهلي -Kamel Mousa
    ياسر القحطاني العين -Yasser Qahtani
    Not much changes with likes of Sahlawi,Monthasri,Yousef Salem and Hamoud are out.Good to see Noor is back but it should be under pressure from the media and people he has been selected.

16. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Yasser Al Qahtani is still in there :/

17. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    The team have arrived in Malasiya and have started training.Nawaf Abed is replaced Yousef Salem as the later is injured.The teams friendly against Indonesia will be behind close door for a lame reason that Malasiyan Authorities dont have enough personnels to look over the match and supporters as they believe a lot of arab students studying there will come the witness the match and make hostile atmosphere.

18. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    So guys any predictions of todays eventually do-die match against Thailand.
    I am some what optimistic we will scrape past Thailand with a goal or two.Frank Rijkaard is also under pressure now and as to be expected this might me his last match is any other result happens.

19. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  20. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Yasser Al Qahtani starts yet again. How long is is his scoreless streak now? 20 matches?

21. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Looking after todays game no one can understand whats going on in Rijkaaard mind.He wants to make a team a attacking side but is failing miserably specially in the front.The starting line up is the first mistake he has done in all the matches so far.
    Abdullah Zori has no right to play football,Yasser is now least interested to play for NT but some how he was good in the second half,Osamah Muwallad was not able to clear the ball well with clearing the ball shooting high which the ball landed in the same area,Hassan Muaz was making joke of him by slipping and tripping on the field.
    Now the worst qualifying campaign so far is getting worsen with pressure piled up on the team.They have to beat Thailand at any cost knowing that our team sucks at home big time.Secondly,if Australia beat Oman then they qualify which is of both advantage and disadvantage for us.Advantage is that Oman will be disqualified and can just make us win in Riyadh.Disadvantage is an already qualified Australia will field a weak side that to away against Thailand.If by chance Thais win the there will be a crunch last match for Saudii as take on Aussies at away.
    Now one month left for Rijkaard to solve all the issues or face the heat.

22. serro

serro Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    the truth is that they played good ... but we need new strikers .

23. Lawn Mower

Lawn Mower New Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Is next match gonna be in Dammam or Riyadh?

24. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Its gonna be in the dust bowl

25. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    They're done. Rijkard is not the problem, and i dont know when exaclty you are going to get that into your head..They are most probably still going to qualify to the fourth round and maybe end up third or so..

Yasser playing and all that pretty much means rijkard does not give sheeit about the NT and is only there for the money and that he does not even help in the selection. He has no knowledge about SA football.

I think at this point a Saudi Coach will be much more better. Of course he is going to be a puppet, but at least you dont get to waste millions of dollars.