2014 FIFA World Cup™ Quarter-Finals: Brazil vs Colombia|Fri, Jul 4, 4:00 PMET

Discussion in 'World Cup 2014 - Knockout Rounds' started by JohnnyFutbol, Jul 2, 2014.

?

Team to Advance

Poll closed Jul 3, 2014.
  1. Brazil

46.9%
  2. Colombia

53.1%
  1. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #76 HomietheClown, Jul 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
    Any other team with the amount of injuries I listed would have had a hard time replacing those players.

Colombia has found a way to replace them and play great.
    That is impressive.

2. FiveXChampion

FiveXChampion Member

Sep 23, 2000
    California
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Playing great against Japan and Greece does not make them favorites to win the World Cup.

3. FiveXChampion

FiveXChampion Member

Sep 23, 2000
    California
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You came to this World Cup without Falcao. Uruguay had their best player removed from the training by the police in a very traumatic experience.

The Uruguayans who played Colombia were very wounded indeed... and let's not forget that this is the same Uruguayan team that was humiliated by Costa Rica. So, no. Colombia hasn't been tested so far. It played the easiest group in this World Cup and all it had to do to pass the Round of 16 was to give mercy shot to an already dying opponent.

4. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Brazil didn't play great against anyone and yet you seem to think they are favorites

5. Hayaka

Hayaka Member+

Jun 21, 2009
    San Francisco North Bay, Bel Marin Keys
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Actually boring Norway is 2-0 all time against Brazil. :D

Edit: Oh, I see you said in Brazil. Yeah, mighty Norway has never played there.

6. FiveXChampion

FiveXChampion Member

Sep 23, 2000
    California
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wrong thread. Neymar does not do that. Yes, he has a small frame and can be easily taken down, but the only player that disgracefully, intentionally, blatantly, repeatedly and consistently dives in this W.C. is called Arjen Robben and he will not be playing this game.

7. FiveXChampion

FiveXChampion Member

Sep 23, 2000
    California
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brazil won 5 world cups dude and only lost 3 games at home in all history. We are talking about THE world power in soccer. It may be adjusting, but it would be no surprise if it beats Colombia.

Jadentheman repped this.
  8. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    They can draw and still lose and it's not like the world cup it's in Brazil every other year

Brazil may be a world power but Fred and Jo are still Fred and Jo. Ronaldo and Pele are not here

Pipiolo repped this.
  9. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  10. FiveXChampion

FiveXChampion Member

Sep 23, 2000
    California
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, please. Don't talk shit about Fred. It is true that he hasn't shown his potential yet and he is suffering with the lack of creativity that stroke Brazil lately, but he's INCREDIBLY TALENTED:

Jo is just a sub, a bad one and he will not be playing again on this cup.

11. Insoucious

Insoucious New Member

Jun 29, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    About Colombian president

[​IMG]

Froboy69 repped this.
  12. danielfrancog

danielfrancog Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I dont think anyone will be surprise if brazil beats Colombia.... You are failing to see the point .... You seem to think that its wrong to believe that Colombia has a real chance of winning and not just winning but outplaying brazil....

Brazil is by far the best team in the world when it comes to history but in this particular wc brazil has been nothing but depressing

And this is coming from someone that loves el joga bonito

Ed: nevertheless brazil has the upper hand

canis and Froboy69 repped this.
  13. ((((d-_-b))))

((((d-_-b)))) Member

Jun 16, 2014
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Say that to everyone complainig about the calls in "Brazil's favor" so far. We might as well join the bandwagon.

FiveXChampion repped this.
  14. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I can't tell if the poll is voted who is going to win, who you WANT to win; everyone Is seemingly against them.:whistling:

15. FiveXChampion

FiveXChampion Member

Sep 23, 2000
    California
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #90 FiveXChampion, Jul 3, 2014
    Colombia winning? yes it is totally possible.

Outplaying Brazil at home? Nah. It's nearly impossible.

I don't think Brazil has been depressing at all. I agree it is adjusting and that It faced though opponents who made things very difficult for us.

Against Chile, it also faced a referee who invalidated a goal, didn't give a PK against Hulk and allowed the Chileans to hack Neymar so much that his leg was the size of a watermelon after the game. I am not sure why people call him a diver when he is hunted minute by minute in the field like a wild beast. My guess is that haters will be haters.

Curiously, in 2002 and 1994 people were saying the same about Brazil. In 1970, Pelé at 30 yo was considered too old and almost didn't play the W.C. Truth is that people has been saying Brasil is depressing since the dawn of time. The only time they didn't say so was in 1982 and we didn't even passed the round of 16.

16. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Funny, I recall a country saying the same thing.

Mind you, I NOT saying that we'll win by such a large margin, but with how THIS Colombia side is better than the last golden gen and your current being the weakest In years, It's not nearly impossible for Colombia to out play Brazil.

We're used to this weather and the amount of fans we have supporting during the games make it feel as If it's being played in Colombia.

Now by all means, what happens, happens. Maybe we won't win and maybe Colombia won't make it to the semis. There's no version of this where we look bad. because in the end, win or lose, NO ONE and ESPECIALLY you will forget our football. Because we're going to be one of the world's more fearful teams after this world cup.

Pipiolo repped this.
  17. FiveXChampion

FiveXChampion Member

Sep 23, 2000
    California
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #92 FiveXChampion, Jul 3, 2014
    We will see. Just because you beat Argentina by a large margin a hundred years ago, doesn't mean you can smack Brazil now.

Just so you know, we have 180 million fans in Brazil. It's not like playing at home, dude. "Pode tirar o cavalinho da chuva!"

18. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Colombians will make their voices heard, even if only 30% of them will fill the seats.

19. canis

canis Member

Jun 10, 2014
    La reina del Plata
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I was at the stadium. We never said such thing. In fact we were almost out of the WC and knew that was a possibility. Colombia had what probably was it´s greatest team ever and we were in the transition post-Maradona. In fact I remember the stadium calling for him, which eventually happened and we went to the playoffs with Australia with him as the captain (Balbo was the other reinforcement the crowd demanded).
    I sense colombians are too excited about this team. I understand you are not used to being in such position but if I may, I would suggest you approach this more humbly, or it might explode in your faces.
    By "you" I mean the colombian people, not you personally.

danielfrancog and FiveXChampion repped this.
  20. FiveXChampion

FiveXChampion Member

Sep 23, 2000
    California
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, please. Leave the bragging for after the game.

21. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I don't brag; I meant it when I said that I am a humble guy even If we won by a large margin.

22. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Quite different in Miami; a lot of them told me that they never expected Colombia to do so in such a matter. thus with the impressive home record they held for such a long time.

23. canis

canis Member

Jun 10, 2014
    La reina del Plata
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Nobody expected a 5-0, but a defeat was always a possibility.

24. FiveXChampion

FiveXChampion Member

Sep 23, 2000
    California
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A little more humility would not hurt. Apparently you don't even consider the possibility that Brazil can win. You may be up for a big surprise tomorrow. Just saying... :rolleyes:

25. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    calmaito parcero…I know you are excited about our team getting this far(so am i), but no matter how good colombia has been playing or how bad brazil has been playing, we as fans should respect the fact we are facing brazil for the semi final spot in their turf! and who knows how well they can play against us in the next game..take it game by game and stay humble, because like Canis said it might explode on our faces( pause). that being said tomorrow is going to be a great game I'm gonna be nervous AF the whole 90 minutes ..win or lose a south american team will advance and hopefully represent our continent well for the rest of the tournament by kicking the euros out and lifting that cup…. some people who say we are already going to beat brazil clearly does not watch football aka most of the fans that come out of their hole when copa america or world cup comes on

Mochileira, D.I.M, canis and 1 other person repped this.