2014 FIFA World Cup™ 3rd Place: Brazil vs Netherlands, pre-game discussion.

Discussion in 'World Cup 2014 - Knockout Rounds' started by puyol, Jul 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    I look at them as "free football". I think you could do away with the Miss. Congeniality match and the tournament wouldn't suffer, and I understand why players hate playing for "bronze", but I will always watch and enjoy this game.

Redshift, HeartandSoul and jerrito repped this.
  2. Wolfie65

Wolfie65 Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Albuquerque, NM
    I'm sure that somewhere on the streets of Brazil, there are several more Neymars, David Luiz's and Oscars, just waiting to be discovered. Or, perhaps more to the point, several Leaos, Toninhos, Cerezos, Dirceus,Edinhos, Juniors, Falcaos.....
    If they keep Scolari, Fred, Hulk and Marcelo, someone's got blinders on or they have friends in VERY high places.
    In that case, I wouldn't blame Brazilians one bit if they lost interest in the whole thing and turned to something else less screwed up. Off the top of my head, they have excellent volleyballers, skateboarders, surfers and bull riders.

Redshift repped this.
  3. Surinamese-man

Aug 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Surinam
    Yes,indeed man.And i hope that both teams will do their best.For me it is not important who wins,if Brazil ends up on the third place,i'm ok with it,they deserve it.

I think for now Brazil's greatest nightmare is when Argentina wins against Germany in their own country which is an annoyance for them.They will rather die when this happens.

4. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    You won't see any of the Dutch stars tomorrow and to be honest I am looking forward to seeing more of the young players. That doesn't mean we aren't playing to win, it is just the reality of the 3rd place match.

5. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Apparently things must have been getting out of hand because @bungadiri posted a warning at the top of the forum. You guys be nice and don't use any language your mum wouldn't approve of.

jerrito repped this.
  6. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'm pretty sure that it was a flight during the WC in the US when the plane flew through turbulence which is quite common during summer months.

VFish repped this.
  7. Tuco

Tuco Member

May 6, 2005
    Amsterdam
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'm looking forward to a good match tonight, though I'll be sure not to place too much hope on that.

Silva will be back on defensive duties, so hopefully that will give Brazil a good boost to help make this a good match to watch.

That said, I'm very curious as to what team van Gaal will field. Oranje has played two consecutive 120-minute matches and will be going in to this match with a day less rest. My guess is De Jong and van Persie will both be rested.

~*~*~Trivia~*~*~
    Here's the info on how the payouts look:

1st place: $35 million
    2nd place: $25 million
    3rd place: $22 million
    4th place; $20 million
    KO'd @ 1/4finals: $ 14 million
    KO'd @ R-16: $9 million
    KO'd @ group stage: $8 million

Strange to see that there seems to be such little differences between 3rd and 4th place ($2 million) as well as between those who succeeded and those who failed to pass the group stage ($1 million?).

8. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Wait did they change the hour?
    I thought the game for 3rd place was at an hour that was 1 hour earlier than the final

9. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Other way, final start time is 1 hour earlier than 3/4

waitforit repped this.