2014 FC Kansas City Roster

Discussion in 'KC Current' started by Forgedias, Apr 8, 2014.

1. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    horan!

younger. and we'll have to see how she performs in the u20 wc. but she's one of the top scorers in a champions league team in the french league. so she's probably gonna make the competition tougher.

don't know if any of them can hold the ball up and dominate in the air like a younger abby. that's what's needed.

2. Forgedias

Forgedias Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Lindsey Horan? Who knows. She is young, what 18 right? She could be the future, but not right now. Obviously the veterans will have a big say in when they want to retire. Hopefully after this World Cup, we can see some young blood make the roster but over all, its not looking to bad, with Leroux and hopefully Press getting roles.

3. KM-7

KM-7 New Member

Jun 28, 2014
    Can someone remind me why KC traded the farm to get LePeilbet? Expensive bench warmer.

4. FCKCEvans

FCKCEvans Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I wasn't a fan of this move either (and still am not, ha) but in fairness, if LePeilbet was healthy to start the season she'd be starting for Phillips. I'm hoping that move happens before the end of the season actually. LePeilbet looks more mobile than I anticipated.

5. MTay

MTay Member

Jan 14, 2013
    Nia Williams has tweeted that she's in Alaska and has also been removed from the roster on the team's website. Looks like the cut is unofficially official?

6. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Henderson have also been traded to Houston. One have to assume they waited this long because of Hagen. They probably didn't want to trade Henderson in case something happened to Arod.

7. MTay

MTay Member

Jan 14, 2013
    Press release about the Henderson trade also explains that Nia Williams has taken a teaching job and will be a reserve player. The write up states she'll still be an important part of the team but her quote gives you a different impression, she sounds like she's moving on.

8. Forgedias

Forgedias Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Good for Henderson, reunites with her coach and she will start right away. I really liked Melissa, she was my favorite college player, her with Tymrak. And I will miss her, but she was in a bad situation here in Kansas City getting no play time with the national team players in front of her.

FCKCEvans repped this.
  9. FCKCEvans

FCKCEvans Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Good for Henderson and Williams. I really hate to lose Henderson bc I like most think she's better than Bogus and Marlborough. But she will do awesome in Houston under Waldrum. Interesting that KC with this news is down to 19 players on the roster...

10. FCKCEvans

FCKCEvans Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    weelilbit repped this.
  11. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    some players fit systems and coaches. i expect that henderson will excel in houston's system under waldrum. no slight on henderson or on andonovski that he found others to be a better fit for his system. we've seen this happen many times in soccer.