2014 Chicago Red Stars

Discussion in 'Chicago Red Stars' started by ceezmad, Aug 19, 2013.

1. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    They can't take Cuellar, the deal is for a US allocated player.

2. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, right now it's either going to be Winters or A-Rod going to Chicago. If Chicago gets A-Rod, that could be a big step to get them to the playoffs.

3. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I believe I said that :). Chicago will get Winters and if/when she gets her subsidized tag removed, will likely try and trade her assuming Boxx is definitely coming back. As to the league rule about trading like for like, I cant say I understand it. The NWSL has already said they arent moving newly minted subsidized player away from their old teams so the original balance is gone. What's the difference which country ur subsidized player comes from as long as u dont have to pay them?

4. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    The one thing Seattle was missing at the end of the season was a forward who could score. If they still have the #2 pick they might take a chance on drafting one but as it is they need A-Rod assuming there isnt something in the works we dont know about. If they r losing Winters it makes u wonder about the Kyle trade. Kyle could have played Winter's spot and they could have tried to find a CB.

5. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    This date has come and gone. What happened to the allocation Seattle was supposed to give Chicago?

http://equalizersoccer.com/2013/10/...one-and-chicago-and-seattle-remain-unchanged/

First of all Winters will not come back to Chicago. Don't quote me on this but I think Winters wanted to be in Seattle that's why Chicago traded her to Seattle to begin with. Like I said, I'm not sure about this, but I think that's what happened.

So Seattle still owes Chicago someone. If Lepielbet doesn't come back and Boxx is having a baby then Chicago may be left with no US subsidized player again this year.

6. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I think LePeilbet plays...not as sure about Boxx who is showing signs of moving on. I guess u might get most of club season out of Boxx tho.

I would not be surprised to see Winters returned to Chicago assuming that they r determined to get this done now. If they r willing to wait until the year turns and USSoccer decides who the subsidized players will be, u might get a different result. If it has to happen soon I think Winters goes to Chicago, loses her subsidized status, and gets traded again, maybe back to Seattle where they like her and she has an important role. If Boxx retires Chicago may still not have a subsidized player.

7. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think LePeilbet will be back. She might not be fit for 90 at the beginning of the season, but I think she will play next year. A healthy LePeilbet at centerback where she belongs will go a long way to helping out Chicago's shaky backline.

8. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    She'll replace Fuss but Hemmings likely wont be back for the start of the season.

9. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unless Chicago either drafts a centerback or signs one in free agency, the likely starter would be Santacaterina.

10. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Or Engen falls to them from the subsidization tree.

11. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #36 BlueCrimson, Oct 3, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
    Or she could end up in Boston, as they also have an open allocation spot.

ETA: Chicago is going to get a brand new allocated player next season, according to Dan Lauletta, so Engen may end up in Chicago after all.

12. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    If Christen Press decides to play in the NWSL next season then that's who I would want in the allocation spot, hopefully. Because Chicago needs a good forward and also an up and coming popular player to draw more fans to Benedictine.

If not Press, then I would also love to have Whitney Engen back in a Chicago Red Stars uniform to replace Sonja Fuss.

Then get Vanessa DiBernardo and Kealia Ohai in the college draft and the Red Stars are looking good for 2014.

13. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't exactly say Chicago needs a forward as much as they did going into last season. Them landing Press would be a great pickup, but I think Hoy can fill that role. I was quite impressed with her during her limited time this year. She has good speed, and could net a few goals given more time to click with the rest of the team. Plus they still could have Leon, but that's not set in stone yet.

Engen and LePeilbet as the centerback pairing could make Chicago even harder to beat than they were towards the end of last season. Knock LePeilbet all you want for her play as an outside back, but she did win DOY twice in WPS for her play as a centerback.

I don't know if Chicago would take both of them. Depending on allocation, and if they still get to keep Leon, they might take DiBernardo, and then use their other 1st round pick on a defender for backup when Engen and LePeilbet are away on NT duty.

14. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    The most important thing is that they find out. They need to know who they r getting so they can plan for the draft and free agents.

As to Lauletta's report, this is the best solution. They arent getting A-Rod and dont need Winters. It also kinda says that A-Rod or Winters or both r off the subsidization gravy train.

As to the draft, other than DiBernardo, their other pick still seems pretty fluid. Im not sure that Ohai isnt too much like Bywaters for them to go that way. If they see Ohai as a pure forward then she would be a good choice. If they dont maybe they take Maya Hayes who is a forward. The other direction is Julie Johnston who could help them in the midfield or at CB. Johnston is also an interesting pick from the financial angle as she and Dunn r the two most likely players in the draft to get subsidized eventually.

15. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Who is now out six months with hip surgery. U r bad luck.

17. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    .....when it rains, it pours. T_T

Hopefully the allocation deal is nice. Chicago is still owed a played from Seattle, and then if LeP or Boxx is replaced on top of that....
    Imagine if Chicago got Press and Engen.

18. liesse00

liesse00 Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The new allocated player is for the Seattle deal.

19. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    They wont. Bad news is they might not get either one. We're back to this mysterious formula that produced the original allocation. Will Press or Engen ask for Chicago if they get that option? Will there be some sort of entry draft? If so Chicago is #3 behind Washington and Seattle. To be honest the two teams who really deserve the first two allocations r WNY and Boston. WNY was a player short from day one and Mitts retired before the season. At least with LePeilbet or A-Rod u get the player eventually. The only thing guaranteed is the league will do whatever they want and Chicago will have little or no say in the outcome.

20. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
  21. ForeverLOST108

ForeverLOST108 Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Orlando
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rory Dames just tweeted that Chicago will be announcing a new player tomorrow.

22. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please lt it be another CDM, please let it be.

Oops, this is not the Chicago Fire thread, never mind, the joke is not funny here.

23. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Now that's funny!

24. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club: