2014-2015 NBA Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by os_mutante, Oct 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    lecramp's first game tonight against the useless knickerbockers.

i guess i'll tune in for a half.

JCNapoli17 repped this.
  2. ajbirch07

ajbirch07 Member

Jan 31, 2008
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah there's something grimy about what the 76ers are doing. I bet the lottery reform was freaking them out lol. Hopefully the 76ers can get competitive again soon. Teams normally only tank for a year or two, this however is unprecedented, in basketball at least.

3. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I think if everything falls into place I'll be happy bigman, but I personally want to see MCW and Noel have good years even if we end up losing a lot, because they just are potential if nobody is learning to play in the NBA and eventually Hinkie is going to have to build a team. I think he has to start next year because he will have been handed 3 years of Lottery picks, if he can't build anything then or show that he's building towards something and not just doing asset acquisition by owning rights to some players in Turkey and Spain to own them, he's just some hack in my opinion.

I think Brett Brown is a good coach from what I have seen. He made the useless Sixers not the worst team in the NBA recordwise... If he can manage that again with the roster he's handed he might be something lol (that's how low I rate most of the Sixers roster bar Noel, Embiid and MCW).

4. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Yeah a lot of Sixers fans who believe in the tank (I'm of the ilk that we wait and see, if Embiid plays like he's projected I'll say it was a massive success, liked MCW a lot, however if Embiid is another Oden and Noel is a bust I consider this tank job a huge failure) are noticing Adam Silver isn't too happy with the structure of the lottery because of what the Sixers are doing (from a complete sporting perspective what the Sixers is doing is wrong, however I think the structure of the NBA and Lebron running around trying to create super teams with other stars instead of stars wanting to duke it out kind of creates this culture of needing to tank for the up and comers).

I know people who were season ticket holders for the Sixers didn't renew because the management didn't even pretend that they are trying to win.

Basically if this plan of Hinkies fails, he will be one of the worst GMs in the history of basketball.

5. ajbirch07

ajbirch07 Member

Jan 31, 2008
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well the super team thing is the product of the current CBA. With an almost hard cap and also max contracts, guys get to decide whether they want the money or for a few million less, try to win a championship. The big 3 in Boston started this trend and Lebron has perfected it. I'm personally a fan of getting rid of max contracts and seeing what that does to the league. The new CBA will be interesting.

I guess you can either do what Philly is doing or do what Atlanta does. Atlanta stays in the playoffs but are really never in contention. Problem is that big market teams usually attract the stars. That's why the Lakers usually reload rather than retool. Well used to at least lol.

6. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Well Philly has history, but that was a very long time ago when we had superstars, we had AI though, but that feels like a long time ago at this point.

I am giving Hinkie until the next season to see how he is as a GM, I'm giving him a C- thus far, only for the fact he took the risk of getting rid of Holliday for Noel and MCW and half of it turned out okay so far, we'll see how Noel pans out but I like MCW a lot, but he can't seem to be able to find "bargains" and his analytics so far haven't been great with putting together a team. I know it's deliberate but I am judging him on that. I think Brett Brown is a great coach from what I have seen and I think that if the Sixers don't drive him nuts, he will either be a good coach for the Sixers or elsewhere. I was upset initially at Embiid pick because of his injury... but seeing where people project him and how he is on Twitter, hes probably my favorite sixers player and he hasn't been on the court. Also seeing Embiid, Noel and MCW going to Euro Basketball games together to see how Saric was and how other players the Sixers drafted, maybe they believe in the plan, so I hope it all turns out alright.

I only call Brett Brown a great coach, because hes been handed a plate of crap and last year the Sixers managed not to be the worst team in the NBA and team was pretty much MCW and Thad. Evan Turner is crap who thinks hes gods gift to basketball and Spencer Hawes is decent but overpaid and soft. But that team was pretty much D-Leaguers where you would have to have a wiki page open to know who was marching out on the court some nights. He will get my credit as a good coach if he manages that again with the roster hes handed, won't hold it against him if he doesn't. But he's a miracle worker if he manages anything more.

7. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I have every Cavs fan in the world texting me non stop about my Knicks sucking and how its going to be a slaughter... Jokes on them cuz I don't respond to bandwagoners. Hehe

8. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm going to the Bulls-Cavs tomorrow. I will heckle the living shit out of any bandwagon fan that attends the game and make them want to go home

Bazi, Rossonero23 and Catracho_Azul repped this.
  9. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    You don't know how many of these bandwagoners have told me "Cavs were like my ex, I'm going back to her now." Lol like really??? I'd follow that up with a "who was their starting five last season?" Lol needless to say, they have no clue and proceed to regurgitate the same stuff about NYK.

P to the Wee repped this.
  10. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Why is it acceptable to dangle from the ass hairs of LeBron James like an annoying poop kernel in basketball fandom?

BocaFan and JCNapoli17 repped this.
  11. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My, how things can change.

B1Osf9uIIAA0MDu.jpg

The "Like Father, Like Son" sign is especially contemptible.

benni... repped this.
  12. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    "Like Father, like Son"

hhahahaha holy crap that killed me

Waliatiger and benni... repped this.
  13. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    just saw the new nike lebron ad. showing how the cavs have to give their all for cleveland.

lol if you loved the city so much then why did you leave in the first place?

P to the Wee repped this.
  14. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    pre game introduction is so over the top. all about lebron/forgetting about the rest of the team.
    lebron is such a selfish asshole. reminds me why i will never like this guy.

" no place like home " hahahaha this guy is a comedian.

15. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Yeah Lebron needs to can this homecoming stuff... He left in the first place to create a superteam that failed half the time

16. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Kendrick Lamar performed too?? Lol they're doing the most for a non title winning pregame ceremony on opening night

17. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    "They're Hollywood as hell"

Wherever Lebron goes, that Hollywood attitude follows the team

Playboy Red Devil repped this.
  18. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Remember when he said nobody should wear Jordan's number 23? lolol

Rossonero23 repped this.
  19. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The triangle offense is such an outdated system

20. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City

Im glad you brought it up. I thought I imagined that.

21. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Lol its hard to watch my Knicks. But ima do it even if it kills me.

22. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Can't be worse to watch then last season.

23. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    He is now a Cavs fans.

24. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    i think i saw kevin hart on my tv screen.
    switching to the thursday nfl game...

25. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    is that the knicks system? doesn't seem like the players know what they're doing atm.
    bunch of isolation plays with melo. basically the knicks system since anthony arrived in NYC.

and yet...the knicks are winning!:cool: