2014-2015 FC Kansas City Offseason

Discussion in 'KC Current' started by FCKCEvans, Sep 6, 2014.

1. CometsFan

CometsFan Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Well...ummm...now there's a homefield worthy of her!

**good save, good save**

holden repped this.
  2. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cometsfan, I think it's actually the best news this off-season for the league, not just for the team, perhaps combined with news that Real Salt Lake is in the hunt for a paired team too. It's especially good news because it's a different kind of MLS link for FCKC so that the league can find out how another kind of MLS-NWSL "romance" works.

Really, it is looking more and more like NWSL may find a formula that makes it sustainable over the long term.

holden and CometsFan repped this.
  3. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Tim Hortons can invade the U.S., then Sahlen's meat products can invade Canada. Will the Toronto Flash be coming to an NWSL near you?

4. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Glad to know that SKC will be involved with attendance as that was really my only concern with yet again moving venues. I've read some stuff saying they plan on addressing the parking and public bathroom issues so I really have nothing but a good feeling about this. I've gone to this field the past 2 seasons for the Big 12 tourney, and I really love it and not just because it's close to home....It's truly a great soccer venue that I think could attract more top talent. Thanks for the rundown Cometsfan.

Other matters of the day....I get a little obsessive about the college draft. Any new tidbits on that front? Or do you know if FCKC will be transitioning to a more SKC-like color scheme? Aside from Seattle I think we have the best colors in the MLS....

5. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Wouldn't it be cool if there was a double header of Sporting vs. Timberwolves and Blues vs. Thorns? And the Blues midfield dominated the Thorns midfield.

6. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    FTFY.

I still think FCKC should've gone for my hoops idea. But then Chicago came out with a hoops design, so I guess FCKC won't go that way now. It also would've tied in well with the Sporting KC faux hoops jersey.

7. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nah I meant in the MLS.... KCs navy and sky blue colors. And I loved SKCs hoops jersey along with their argyle kits.

8. CometsFan

CometsFan Member

Nov 15, 2010
    If it makes you feel better, the Comets went hoops with their warm up tops

Attached Files:

holden repped this.
  9. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Ah. When you say "we" and you're in a FCKC forum, I figured you were talking about FCKC... ;)

I think many people would disagree that the Sounders have the best colors.
    [​IMG]

(not me personally, I just know a lot of people dislike the bright colors)

Sporting, on the other hand, does have a universally approved color scheme.

10. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Well I'm glad they listened to my input... :D

CometsFan repped this.
  11. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Post 2015 College Draft Comments:

1. Shea Groom - Home town attacking talent. Fits perfectly in our system, glad she fell to us in the 2nd round. Best news of the draft.
    2. Megan Streight - Good defender, under-sized but has experience playing center-back at a high level. Most suggest she'd make the move to dmid because of her size but solid choice nonetheless. Can't help but wonder if we picked her up because Richmond is not returning. I hope that's not the case.
    3. Katelyn Rowland - Best goal-keeper available without the use of an international slot. Hard to argue with her record at UCLA and starting at the U-20's. From what i've seen of her, I haven't been overly impressed with her athleticism and think she has some things to learn from Barnhart but I do think she's a step up as a back-up goalie from Keane.
    4. Jessie Ayers - Heard of her but never seen her play. From Colorado College who typically has a strong program for their size. Have to wait and see on this one.
    5. Kaysie Clark - Another home-town attacking talent. Played high school ball with Groom on the best high school team (Liberty) i've ever seen in the state of Missouri and also played club for Huw Williams. Very good player for the 4th rounds.

General Comments:
    - I hope Richmond returns!
    - We have a serious depth issue at outside back. I honestly don't agree with the trade with Washington. Dydasco was our style and everything!
    - I still think we another defender. Hopefully thru free agent signings.
    - Anyone know anything about Jessie Ayers? Seems like Whitney Church would have been a better pick at the end of the 3rd round.

12. Calci0

Calci0 Member

Jun 22, 2013
    NC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    From her Draft Sleeper Profile:
    an EQ poster:

Myrtle repped this.
  13. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    This is the most mind boggling thing of a draft that had many mind boggling things happen, IMHO. KC needed an outside back, Dydasco is a perfect fit for their style of play, and a steal in the 3rd round. They had to know she would not be available much longer... I just don't get it.

ForeverLOST108 repped this.
  14. CometsFan

CometsFan Member

Nov 15, 2010
    They have a defender on the way. Don't know who yet, but I know they agreed in principle today during the draft on a trade

15. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    Welcome Shea Groom to FCKC

16. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Rebecca Moros is the defender I guess .

17. CometsFan

CometsFan Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Yep...I think it will be announced today. Moros for an international draft slot.

Reason why you should take my information with a grain of salt...I have to admit having a little too much enthusiasm for plans I overhear and for this staff sometimes. They went into the draft with a plan that would be a major move, unfortunately the right situation never appeared and they weren't able to pull the trigger.

Moros will be a good defender. With her & LAR on the flanks, Becks & LeP in the middle, you have a veteran defensive line that can attack at will.

18. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Are they going to be able to get all those draft picks to stick around without giving them contracts? Groom prolly gts signed at the expense of Sousa and that's it. I guess in Rowland case she has a pretty good chance of getting signed at Keanes expense at some point.

19. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I think most squads are in this position. Not enough spots for the talented draft picks. Looks like there will be 1 spot for (Groom, Streight, Ayers, Clark). I too assume Rowland will take Keanes spot. Too bad.
    1. Arod
    2. Hagen
    3. Bogus
    4. Holiday
    5. HAO
    6. Tymrak
    7. Silva
    8. Averbuch
    9. Richmond
    10. Buz
    11.Laddish
    12. Robinson
    13. Brunn
    14. Dienes
    15. Souza
    16. LePeilbet
    17. Keane
    18. Barnhart
    19. Gorry

So with Phillips not playing, there's is one spot up for grabs. Assuming Moros takes Gorrys spot but perhaps Souza got a green card? 1 spot. Hopefully these draft picks will still stick around, for all teams!

20. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    I HAVE to think roster spots will be increased some how. Maybe they can come up with a new rule like developmental players or something like that to get these guys to play

Myrtle repped this.
  21. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    I don't think so. They added the 4th international slot to "fix" the problem. Unfortunately they didn't seem to realize that it won't actually do anything to fix the actual problem. If they wanted to increase roster space, they should've announced it at the same time (or earlier), as I'm fairly certain some teams would've drafted differently if they knew they would have more roster spaces. Some teams might also not have done a 2 for 1 trade...

This does bring up another idea that I had (previously I suggested they should be allowed to have professional reserves): What if they made an exemption for the current season's draft picks to the roster count. So if they had implemented it this year, they can have 20 players + their 2015 draft picks for this season (next season the 2015 picks would have to fit on the 20 player roster, but the 2016 picks are now exempt). They will all have to fit under the same cap, though (so teams that draft 7 players will not have a full advantage over a team that drafts less players, as they'd have to pay everyone less so it might be harder to sign quality players). So these players will get at least a year of professional experience before they are cast aside and forgotten, and the teams will have additional players for when the NTers are away.

Blaze20 repped this.
  22. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    What they should do is have USSoccer pay replacement players on a per match bases to cover US players. If thy want to have a fancy plastic world cup, lt them pay the freight.

23. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    See, this is why you should have been commissioner.

Also, I think some announcement re roster size is probably on the way because the way clubs are refering to their draftees you would think they were already part of the team. Even the players themselves speak as if they are already signed.

24. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders

25. Calci0

Calci0 Member

Jun 22, 2013
    NC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Good news for FCKC, proper way to have Championship recognition!