2014/2015 Bundesliga Thread

Discussion in 'FC Schalke 04' started by LongDuckDong, Jun 24, 2014.

1. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, it was an ACL. I imagine it will take him a few weeks to get back into shape, but he's training outside on the pitch.

cortisoljunkie and naopon repped this.
  2. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Alrighty, Leverkusen and Augsburg have tripped up. Lets get a little ground :)

3. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Send in Sam and Meyer for the second half. Need a spark to get things going. Those two can provide an extra element of speed and creativity. Don't understand why RDM is still going with this ultra-defensive lineup again for today. Gotta press and attack aggressively especially since you're facing a Frankfurt team coached by Schaaf.

Btw, you're welcome. Werder's been doing their part by taking down Augsberg and Leverkusen these last two weeks. ;)

4. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    #204 cortisoljunkie, Feb 14, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
    [​IMG]

Yeah; worse defensive team in the Buli and not a single goal :cry: missed opportunity to retake 3rd and also put some points between ourselves and Pharmacy and Augsburg. Offensively blunt. Frustrating game.

///oh god, RM are coming :confused:

Haha, thanks :) shame we couldn't make anything of it. You guys are on a hell of a roll at the moment; only a game out of Europa league.

5. CCinGermany

CCinGermany Member

May 3, 2006
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really feel like there should have been at least one point to be had today. :(

6. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    cortisoljunkie repped this.
  7. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    ...I knew what I was going to see ...and I still clicked on the link anyway...and all I saw was a Schalke logo ...so I did an image search and found it.

...and now i am just wondering why I was so keen to go out of my way to see EMCMs penis :whistling:

Anyways...RM is coming. Honestly don't think we have a hope in hell, but I would just like to see a good showing, regardless of the scoreline, because the world is watching and it hates RM. Lets get Die Knappen some sympathy votes eh? :thumbsup::)

MatthausSammer repped this.
  8. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #208 HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
    GOOD LIKE GUY'S
    I really hope S04 can make Germany and the Bundesliga once again proud..specially against the Spanish Midgets:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Its possible ....if anyone its an Italian coach that can deliver a solid "Inpregnable" D-Line ...Italians are good in dirty wins and their mind and tactics has a natural gift for this style of play...if you guys can hold on in the first 15-30 mins then the game and its result will be up for grabs...and you have the talent and experience to do this:ninja::D:D:ninja::alien::alien:
    Will be watching this and once again this goes to a VICTORY FOR SCHALKE :sneaky::thumbsup::thumbsup:;):)

cortisoljunkie and CCinGermany repped this.
  9. CCinGermany

CCinGermany Member

May 3, 2006
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Amazingly, the match is on FS1 tomorrow in the US. The only way Schalke gets air time on a widely distributed US channel is when the other game being played features no EPL teams I guess.

10. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Your match up with Werder is up next. Normally I'm here to support you guys, but for 2 games of every season it's game on. Nothing like some friendly competition. :sneaky::D;)

11. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    This will be good. You guys are the the most in-form side in the comp, and we've just had a moral boosting loss (....bit of an oxymoron) to RM. I'm keen to see Di Matteo's mindset for this game; how much respect will he pay Bremen (i.e. will he park the bus like the game against BMG). We're still without Huntelaar I presume given he copped a 'badly bruised leg' mid-week. Bring it on :)

[​IMG]

p.s. is Draxler actually dead?! The initial estimate after injured himself was that he would be back at the start of Feb for the second half of the season. ...three weeks overdue, and no news?

Epitome990 repped this.
  12. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    There were some news. It looked bleak at the end of January but a couple of weeks later Heldt said he hoped Draxler would be back to practice at the end of February although nothing when he will play a match.

13. CCinGermany

CCinGermany Member

May 3, 2006
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure hope that was not the 2 points that cost this club a return visit to the CL.

14. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Everyone else had draws as well; Leverkusen coughed their game up even later than us :laugh: It's going to be tight race though, which is good I suppose. Dortmund are looking ominous down in mid-table, hopefully we can bring them crashing back down to earth and keep up with Galdbach who will no doubt destroy poor old Paderborn - if there is one team I really don't want to see relegated, it's these guys.

Still, 1 point from the last two games is pretty disappointing considering we took 7 from BMG/Bayern/Hannover at the re-start :unsure:

I don't know what to make of Werder's goal, situation like that you would usually put the keeper responsible for not claiming the ball ...but Wellenreuther looks like an ant compared to Proedl :rolleyes:

15. Schalkoholic

Schalkoholic Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Siegen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    When Saturday comes

16. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Jones isn't there anymore, and lord forbid Grosskreutz sees that pitch on that day.

17. CCinGermany

CCinGermany Member

May 3, 2006
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lucky not to have given up more than 3 goals...awful.

18. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nailed it :cry:

19. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    CCinGermany and cortisoljunkie repped this.
  20. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Two games we simply should, and must, win. Hoffenheim and Hertha. With tougher matches follow thereafter against Leverkusen and Augsburg, I would think anything less than 6 points would be a massive blow not just mathematically but also for the confidence of everybody which is already shot to pieces after the derby disaster.

here's a funny thing (https://www.facebook.com/OlisCartoons)
    [​IMG]

CCinGermany repped this.
  21. CCinGermany

CCinGermany Member

May 3, 2006
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Much needed 3 points there.

22. Schalkoholic

Schalkoholic Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Siegen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Back to Bundesliga Madrid got Ronaldo Hertha has Ronni ,not even on the bench.

Prediction: Will be a tough fight

Hopes :A good result

Comment. Let Berlin a worth visit especially as far as Football is concerned

23. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Although it has no bearing in today's match, there have been a lot of good news about our injured players last week. Farfan, Draxler and Kolasinac are all back in (individual) training. There were even some promising news about Fährmann.

I wouldn't expeect anyone be back before the middle of April but it is nice to see an end to our injury plague. Kirchhoff leaving in the summer, will help in that regard, too. He and Sam are btw both out again. Muscle problems.....

24. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    LEEEEROOOOYYYYY

what a talent.

we conceded an early goal because of a Wellenreuther error; I've personally rendered him immune to blame because of his age and lack of experience, but smacking a ball back in front of an open goal (as opposed to ...anywhere else at all) is just foolish.

Still, awesome mindset by the team, looking really threatening so far and finally something to show for it.

Epitome990 repped this.
  25. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    #225 cortisoljunkie, Mar 14, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
    Okay. Wellenreuther loses the ball and Uchi's twin brother just nailed us.

Dunno if anyone here follows the Schalke FB page, but everyone there has lost patience with our young keeper: https://www.facebook.com/S04/posts/10152832689689037

THen Matip stopped us from scoring with some solid goal line defence. WRONG GOAL YOU MUPPET. WE WANT THE BALL TO GO IN THIS ONE. :devilish::unsure::cry:

I'm losin' it. cortisoljunkie's bed time I think.

edit: ...aand Matip just scored. what the heck. 2-2.