2014/17 Keisuke Honda @ A.C. Milan (ITA)

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by Dax, Dec 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    He run to someone/somewhere as you can see near the end of the video. Maybe his gf? Montella? Some mate on the bench?

2. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Not all stints end well for any player, and indeed he's leaving because he never lived up to his billing at Milan. He just could not deliver when he was asked.

That being said, he's ensured that he would leave on a high note. He was by far the best player on the pitch along with Fernandez against Bologna, and turned the game around for them to secure European football for Milan for the next season.

I think it's time for him to make the 'celebrity transfer' to MLS or CSL, but who knows, if he can play like yesterday, he might a few years left in him to play in Europe.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  3. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Why would he make a transfer to CSL or MLS? He needs money?

4. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Honda could actually earn more money in Japan than in the US (or maybe even China).

seolseol repped this.
  5. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Leave Italy for whichever major european leagues. Or stay and warm the bench less often than now since the next season they will play Serie A + Coppa Italia + EL.

6. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    There are talks of him receiving an offer from Levante UD, hope he goes there if true.

7. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Honda has already announced that he'll leave.

8. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    For? Why he was so happy after the goal and run to somewhere cheering? Something like "this is my farewell goal"?

9. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think any player would be overjoyed to score a brilliant free kick to lock up a European berth for his team after being buried on the bench the whole season. Combined with his teammates (whose respect he clearly enjoys) mobbing him and the usually hostile Milan fans roaring "Honda! Honda!" it takes little imagination to see why he was so excited.

The Levante thing seems a bit unlikely, not so much because of their financial resources but playing in such a small market doesn't seem to fit very well with Honda's entrepreneurial aspirations. He should come to the Bay Area! I'd definitely pick up a Honda jersey and come to more Earthquakes games.

10. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I want him to stay in Europe. He still got it. Should redeem himself a little bit. Don't rot away in Usa or China please.

11. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    Of course Honda can regain some strength I think. At the last JNT games he was incredible worse and slow for my exeptions but I think he still got it and he is "only" 30. Would love to see him at a mid table club at Bundesliga like Mainz,Frankfurt or Hertha cause they need a Yunus Malli replacement.

I think he dont need money and he is not that high anymore from his head that he would say " Mainz is to bad for me". I think now he is a realy grounded and good player and should play for fun and his sake and the JNT for the next WC.

Bundesliga would be the right choice with lower wages for him of course cause its a league with "good vibes" and a familiar mentality. Maybe some german clubs have the same thoughts like me =)

seolseol repped this.
  12. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    He's really 30yo?
    He can play not only the next WC but even the Asian Cup 2019.
    Choose to move to USA/China will be the worst choice.
    Vahid will probably get rid of him as soon as the next WC qualifications will come.

13. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Vahid will not be around for the next WC cycle, lol

Whispered11 and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  14. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    I'm talking about Russia 2018.
    With the next qualifications I meant the incoming matches this year.

15. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Starts as captain his last match

16. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    A farewell match?
    Start + Captain + they will play to make him score?
    Sad.

Any rumors in Milan about his transfer?
    100% out of Europe?

17. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    A little weird end to it I have to say.

18. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I see MLS, CSL and Australian clubs drooling now. Makes me sad.

19. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    No point for Honda to stay with us, and no point for Milan to keep him.

I just don't think he's done with european football, let's see what happens next...or maybe he just wants to play for fun in the MSL while living in some nice city.

seolseol repped this.
  20. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I know. It started okey , 14-15 season was good. But then it all went to shite. Honda was destined for greatness if you ask me. And I pray that he is not finished with Europe. Go to a smaller team and play a big part there instead.

Samurai Warrior and Marco91 repped this.
  21. marten48

marten48 Member

Jun 2, 2012
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yes I know it would be giving up on European football but selfishly I'd be happy to see him come to LA to join the new Los Angeles FC club starting in 2018. Could be a star here if he does well and I think there's a good chance he will thrive in MLS with his superior technical skills, and him being still young enough to hold his own physically. It's LA, so he can have the lifestyle that he wants, excellent Japanese food, etc. It's a step down professionally but might be a good choice for him personally.

22. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    He ends his 'free time' in San Francisco at the end of the month. Maybe a hint?

23. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes!!! Come play for the Quakes!!

24. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Any chance for him to miss WC call if he transfer to Major League?

25. nakata101

nakata101 Member

Mar 2, 2008
    This is what kind of question? :eek: