2014/17 Hiroki Yamada @ Karlsruher SC (GER)

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by Dax, Jul 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    From the better-late-than-never dept. again: KSC lost against Fürth, now on relegation playoff place, Kreuzer new director of sports, coach Oral was subsequently fired. U19 coach Lukas Kwasniok takes over for two matches until winter break. Yamada played the whole match but was efficiently isolated by Fürth.

seolseol and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  2. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    From the better-late-than-never dept. yet again: 4 more matches with no loss and 6 more points onward Yamada keeps missing no minutes, playing on his now usual position. Mirko Slomka is the new coach since winter break. KSC currently hover 1 point ahead the relegation playoff place.

3. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    Lost 1:2 in Munich after a brutally late goal against in 5th min extra time, played the whole match, as RMF for a change.

seolseol repped this.
  4. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    #154 datschge, Mar 25, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    Well well well, since that match Slomka keeps tinkering with the setup. After sitting out his 5th yellow card from the Munich match he started no more matches and played 182 min as a sub in 3 of the 4 following matches, being an unused sub in the last one. KSC lost 4 of the 5 matches and is on last place now. Bad turn of events both for player and club.

5. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    sad for him and the club, though thankfully he's out of here in a few months ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Still, he'd deserved a better stint in Europe. He's a really good player.

seolseol and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  7. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    From what I garner he's appreciated both by fans and by the other players, it's only the coaches that have a different idea trying to fix what they keep breaking.

Anyway just saw that KSC played a friendly in Mainz last Friday, match ended 1-1 through two PKs. Yamada played the whole match (as one of only 3 KSC players), 1st half as LMF I think and 2nd half as DMF/CMF like in most successful KSC matches. Hope the latter is an indication Slomka is putting him back there after the latest series of losses.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  8. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Either way I'm not sure Yamada has much left to gain from languishing on the bench of a bad 2. Buli club much longer. Losing that promotion playoff a year and a half ago was a really tough blow.

datschge and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  9. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Agree. I bet he goes home, sadly.

10. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    Played the whole match as left wing in a 1-1 draw against Würzburg yesterday. Slomka was fired shortly after, U17 coach Marc-Patrick Meister takes over.

Samurai Warrior and seolseol repped this.
  11. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think he assisted the goal!

12. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  13. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It was expected.

I wish him all the best.

Anyway, what happened to players like Hiroki Yamada, Yusuke Tasaka and Daisuke Suzuki shall give lessons to other Japanese players to not stick to a European second tier club for more than one season even if they barely missed out the promotion.

For example both Yamada and Suzuki's clubs reached the promotion play-off in their first seasons' and now Karlsruhe is relegated and Gimnastic is in the relegation zone.

So either they go back to Japan or try to find a first tier club either in the same European country or in another country even if they aren't guaranteed a position in the starting line-ups.

seolseol repped this.
  14. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I kind of agree. But we gotta give them cred for staying and fight instead of going home at once like many of the other players have done. I admire the three players you name here. On the other hand staying to long and falling down divisions is not smart. I wished all three of them would sign for other european clubs. I believe playing in B2 or Segunda Division makes you a better player.

Whispered11 repped this.
  15. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Back to Jubilo.