2014/15 Ryo Miyaichi @ FC Twente (NED) Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by Whispered11, Sep 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  2. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It seems to suggest that he might leave Twente due to his competitors doing better than him and he not playing much

Well I bet JLeague is waiting for him with open arms if he's willing

edit: after further reading, it seems that this is a decision of Miyaichi's agent due to him not playing enough.

3. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Good thing he extended with Arsenal so that he can keep being loaned out forever.

4. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Being loaned out is hardly a problem, it was worse when he actually stayed in Arsenal.
    That said, his contract is over in june and Arsenal can't see a penny at this point, so they might as well loan him to JLeague to not pay wage if they wanted.

5. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait, didn't they extend his contract?

6. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Every single J-League club will want him. Whether or not he's still good, he is a huge marketing tool and he will bring in a lot of money and fans. I do feel bad for him though, his confidence must be at an all time low.

Whispered11 repped this.
  7. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Japan. This is the only solution.
    It worked for Usami.

8. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Yes he did, hence my post.

9. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    yep. This summer (2014) his contract expired. But Arsenal offered him a 1-year extension, which he accepted. This means that it runs out in june 2015.

10. Mmm, not good. He chose the golden shackles instead of liberating himself after the contract expired. He could go anywhere as a free agent. Feyenoord is now short on wingers as a few left this transfer window and I'm sure they would get him on track again. But I'm of the opinion that Feyenoord only should invest valuable education time on players on a Feyenoord contract. Not making players worth more for EPL big money clubs. So as things stand now I wouldnot welcome him on a loan at Feyenoord.

11. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Not sure what you mean. The contract expires in june, so it would actually be perfect for Feyenoord. They just pay his loan and if he fails again they don't buy him at the end of the spell.
    It's definitely more likely than Feyenoord getting him for a two years contract (a rational minimum) after he just failed at Twente... no?

12. thansau_72

thansau_72 Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    He seems like a broken man. When you watched his games in Dutch league in 2011 and compare to his performance this year, it is hard to understand why he has regress so much. He looked even worse than any avarage wingers in the league. Probably he get better at passing backward. But that is not a good thing for a winger. To compete for a place, you have to dribble past players or score goals or make an assist or two. But he could not do any of them. Tracking back hard is only an bonus since attacker are rated by goals and assists.
    Maybe it is best to leave Europe, back to J-league to make everything from scratch again. Hopefully, he can do"an Usami" and turn his career around.

13. thansau_72

thansau_72 Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Could someone follow J-league this year anser me a question?
    How well did Usami do in J-league this year? I could only follow his games in J-league 2 last year.
    This year I have no time to watch J-league. Gamba Osaka is the champion this year so I assumed that Usami did well this year. Am I wrong?

14. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Usami came back at a younger age tho.

15. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Probably best player of the season.
    I hope for Miyaichi the same path.

thansau_72 repped this.
  16. Keren

Keren Member+

Feb 15, 2013
    France
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    But Miyaichi is far less talented and seems mentally weak. Moreover, I have the feeling that his multiple injuries have affected his speed.

17. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    Miyaichi scored today for Jong Twente

thansau_72 and Radu Razvan repped this.
  18. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  19. If I understood it correctly it was posted that he had signed for a year extra.

20. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Not this again.... read some posts above you

21. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Dax repped this.
  22. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    oh thanks someone answered with something to read, I knew there was an extension but I kept reading it was over in 2015. I tried to search for something official but couldn't find it even on their twitter. Then reports I had seen were wrong and so is transfermarkt :eek:
    you can loan players even if their contract is going to end however, clearly it's just to save wage (see: Morimoto).

This means that it's in Arsenal's interest to find him a loan I guess but it likely means no JLeague

23. thansau_72

thansau_72 Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Highlights of Miyaichi game vs PSV youth team.

Outside the goal that had been posted, he got into dangerous positions on a few occasions.

24. thansau_72

thansau_72 Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    [​IMG]

Played in Twente youth team 4-1 victory against RKC Waalwijk yesterday.

25. thansau_72

thansau_72 Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Highlights of the game vs RKC Waalwijk youth team

sc-f and nakata101 repped this.