(2014.11.14) Kirin Challenge Cup : Japan x Honduras

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Whispered11, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    that's a bit unfair, any team can have a bad day. we barely beat 1-0 a weaker team just few weeks ago

2. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    That weaker team wasn't that weak on game day. They are terrible, they were during the World Cup too. Can't draw any conclusion from that game, it's not competitive.

3. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Yeah, Saku has right and Honduras was without some important players who played at WC.

4. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
  5. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
  6. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Not really, unless they were on drugs that day after getting 8-0'd by France or drawing with Martinica yesterday, they are indeed very weak. It's Japan who wasn't really good.

Oh, I'm the last person here who might suggest to take anything, don't misunderstand. But it's a 6-0, it's good. Some players (like Endo) certainly showed promise at least.

7. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    "Endo showed promise", in 2014, somehow doesn't compute in my head. Jamaica sucks but it's not a race to know who sucks the most. They were a bit better than Honduras today, I don't think it's debatable. Look at that second goal, a tackle from the midfield, Honda is already running free ... Just terrible.

Radu Razvan repped this.
  8. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Because Honda is so slow and can't run fast.

9. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Honda didn't play for Urawa, I don't know why you're defending him. Besides he played well today, didn't say the contrary.

10. rioliogiz

rioliogiz Member

Chelsea
    Apr 12, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Vietnam
    Endo had always been good before the WC against Netherlands, Belgium, Costa Rica etc as the second half sub for Yamaguchi. Then the whole team turned to crap when it mattered, in most noticeably the physical sense and when Endo failed short compared to Hotaru or Makoto in being a powerhouse yet still got subbed on the second halves in the WC he was made the ultimate scapegoat. The truth is that the whole system was broken and Japan was shit as a team, Endo certainly wasn't the worst. No need to say things like he showed promise at 34 since he was always the GOAT of this team.

11. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Yeah Endo has never stopped being good at what he does, spreading passes, moving in the right places, playing clever football. A bit like Kengo Nakamura who was killed by Zac. But you start a new cycle and you give the keys to a nearly 35 years old player ? No bueno. I'm not scared of veterans but he had something with Shibasaki, no need tot throw it off the window because he sucked against Brazil. They demolished Turkey the other day.

12. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Nice result but this is no serious measurement

13. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    in the new tactical system, good lord people.

agreed but it's freakin' Honduras.

14. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    I thought that what they have to do now is entering best 4 during AC, not builing up for the WC? Players are from Zac's NT but now Kagawa plays the way he's doing in the club, Honda as well, there's someone for the wing finally (instead of putting Kagawa there) with a real striker. How Aguirre is going to do that from now on is his problem. And there wasn't any classy Japanese player created in the past 4 years. Kakitani isn't 1/10th of the players like Kagawa, Hasebe, Honda or Endo. Usami can go to Germany again right now. And guess what - he'll sit on the bench till his death if he would play like he does now in Gamba.

15. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Well, atleast Inui were good!:cool:

16. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Dude I'm trying to look forward. Aguirre has an history of using old players and it certainly won't help if Endo keeps playing like this.

I don't feel that confident right now. Morishige was very weak technically today, I still think he's not good enough. But he seems to be the preferred choice. It's a crucial position so I'm scared of the ******** up. Nagatomo is still clearly shaken from the WC and Sakai is a weak defensive player, we all know Asian Cup games can get crazy and he could falter in those. Hasebe asserted his role today but he made a lot of fouls for an easy game, I think he's clearly past his prime but remains a good player. We'll see how the forward line behaves but Okazaki isn't in the best form right now. I understand the need to play it safe but I'm not even sure you can win that way.

17. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I understand, but I'd rather see the team qualifying for the Confederations and drop Endo in 2016 if Aguirre really wants to use him... if in 2 years we can't "set" a replacement then something is very wrong with the japanese midfielders.

18. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    there's already a replacement, I think he would have done as well against that team. But we'll see.

19. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    He plays because he's probably the only half-left CB in Japan at this level. Konno could play there but well, that idea failed miserably under the last coach.

20. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Just finished watching for the second time, he may have scored a goal but Toyoda has no business in this team. He simply can't do much and he runs with a broom stuck in the arse. So stiff.

21. soccerfanfromcanada

Jun 18, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Honda's passing was insane today. So how come Kakitani and Osako aren't on the team anymore? I thought Kakitani was great when he first went to Basel and for whatever reason has not been playing. Osako could be a good player for the bench

22. marten48

marten48 Member

Jun 2, 2012
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #72 marten48, Nov 14, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
    Do you follow CONCACAF? Jamaica is not on the same level as Honduras. Honduras has been one of the strongest teams in CONCACAF for some time, always giving the USA and Mexico a run for their money. Yes, Honduras are re-building, but they recently drew 1-1 against a full-strength USA in Florida. Japan played really well. The worry though is that they're only good in friendlies. At the WC, when it got competitive and intense and physical, they wilted. We need players who are both physically and mentally tough and who will rise to the occasion rather than shrink from it.

Edit: Lest you feel the need to point out the obvious, yes I know that Honduras were crap today. But my point is that they're a class above Jamaica.

23. gamban98

gamban98 Member

Dec 7, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
  24. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    You can't really conclude that on 1 world cup. On the basis of the 2010 world cup you could say the opposite and they were largely similar players.

In this world cup we simply had a totally crap defence.

25. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    is it true Aguirre wasn't there?