(2014.06.24) FIFA World Cup - Group C, MD3 : Japan x Colombia [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by OneiroPhobia, Jun 19, 2014.

?

fire zaccheroni?

1. Yes

84.4%
  2. Yes

43.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    I feel bad for the tens of thousands of Japanese school children, waking up at ungodly hours, crowding into school auditoriums wearing their blue jerseys, where they sing, and shout "gambatte", and watch... this.

Then they go home and ask their parents why it is that, with all their famous players whose posters cover their bedroom walls, Japan could not win even one game, to which their parents say nothing.

2. chelseaz10

chelseaz10 Member

Jun 14, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Any news on kakitani. Is he moving to Fiorentina? And also Kiyotake. I seriously think this guy have the potential to be world class player. He deserve a better team than Nurnberg.

3. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    lol, I haven't read anything that stupid in a while ;)

Dax repped this.
  4. -Kodemari

-Kodemari Member

Jan 15, 2012
    Trento, Italy
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Kakitani has been close to Basel recently. Nothing official yet though.

5. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    oh, absolutely.

Personally, I didn't feel that way.

it was somewhat a reasonable post until that pure nonsense last phrase.

6. poponponpon

poponponpon Member

Jun 8, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    as i said before, sending players to europe doesn't improve japanese soccer. we need a strong domestic league like mexico.

7. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    You know that most of the NT players of Mexico play or have played in Europe right

8. Transparent_Human

Oct 15, 2006
    Pale blue dot
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mauritius
    Well there current squad is a healthy mix IMO. Domestic and foreign.

9. faiyez

faiyez Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Costa Rica
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Why are we being so accepting about defeat?

Turns out we only needed to win and it should have happened. I was devastated yesterday after that 4th goal by a mostly second string Colombian side! How did this happen? I don't understand how you guys are coping with this turn of events, because I can't!

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  10. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    To be fair he never got to show what he excells at in England. Kagawa strengths rely on collective movements. English teams know shit about collective movements, pressing and making use of space. And their very language is still incapable of describing why the English NT (as a product of its league) consistently fails at a high NT level thus already making it an issue analysing the very issues they keep having for ages now.

Blaming players for the inability to adapt and play a different style of game is probably what all the discussions boild down to. So the question is: Do you/JFA/the coach really want to randomly assemble a group of "best of" players and expect them to perform together no matter what?

In my opinion it is most important to know exactly the strengths of each players, the circumstances each player respectively needed to execute said strengths. Then build a stable framework for all teams to train and perform in (e.g. for JNT quick short passes for ball retention, keeping compactness for collective movement and pressing) and play a specific set of players depending on abilities necessary against specific opponents. On an NT level one has to rely on and reliably be able to trigger existing abilities of players, there is not enough time to set up wholy different systems and retrain players to behave differently. This requires a very specific style of coaching, one that in its wholesome compexity really emerged only within the last decade.

marten48, scotch17 and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  11. komina12345

komina12345 Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Any chance of Hajime Moriyasu taking up the NT job? That man took Sanfrecce to win two years in a row. I think he has the X's and O's based on what I've seen from Hiroshima.

12. k1s3k1

k1s3k1 Member

Sep 10, 2006
    i have to say Konno and Okubo are shit..

13. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    but so is ours, so sending players in Europe is not a problem.

Because Colombia is a way better side than Japan, sorry. I enjoyed the match even if it didn't go as we hoped in the second half.

14. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    Maybe Colombia is a little better but way better is not true. Japan was in bad shape and Colombia was in great form, that`s the biggest reason why JNT was have this disastrious WC and the South American that great.

First half Japan was killed Colombia,the rarely have only the penalty as one chance then till 45 minute nothing,only Japan was playing,second half..yeah...you know what happend.

The mistake Zac was doing, is starting on the bench....cause the players like Kiyotake or Kakitani,Saito etc. have never the feeling to be one part of the team and other thing is the starting line up and the subs. That was the main problem.

scotch17 repped this.
  15. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    You're right, which is why I thought Japan played a good match. When I said they're a better team it's pretty much that their offense is better than ours. But what I was merely answering the question, which is that overall the expectation was of a loss.

I'm not that sure Kiyotake or Kakitani were going to do much if anything at all, to be honest. Saito, hmm, I wanted to see him, especially against Greece, but oh well.

16. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    Yes @Dax I think so too. I am not sure if Kiyotake /Kakitani/Saito has something to offer in this game but I was think the hole part from Zac was bad. So may questions....

Why punish Hosogai ? A real fighter with a great Season ? Only cause you don`t like him ?
    Why replace Morishige after first loss against Ivory Coast ?
    Why is Okazaki everytime in the starting lineup,doesn`t matter how he performed ?
    Why not using Okazaki like in Mainz and gave Saito and Kiyotake or Kakitani playing time ?
    Why subbing Okazaki in the most important match,after he scored and begin to addapt ?
    Why since 4 years the 90% same lineup ?
    ********ing Why you gave Okubo 2 full games ? ( I like him and was real glad that he was jumping on traint to Brazil)
    Why Konno ?
    Why Endo ?
    Why why why ???

Zac is not a bad coach,he gave Japan the 2 years after the great WC 2010 phenomenal football,Asian Cup....Wins over every team but this was more the winner burn from WC 2010,the good player growing like explosion of Kagawa etc. With a coach like Tuchel from Mainz or Klopp from Dortmund...something like this JNT would improve sooo much. Look at Mexico .....the coach fits 100% to the team and Zac did not. Japan need a coach who is running and shouting the hole game on the sideline and not standing and sitting in his fince clothes and do nothing.

I don`t want to say that I can do a better Job..hell no ^^ but it is sooo easy to see what this team needs to advance.

17. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Man, the fact that someone else is chosen is not a punishment you know. He just thought Aoyama was going to be more useful, especially for the type of football we're trying to play. I'm sure he has a chance to be back

He was at fault on one goal. Konno did well against Greece, not against Colombia

Just a reminder about who scored against Colombia... it's also about balance, he's solid at tracking back for example.

Okazaki was used like in Mainz against Greece. Saito should've played :/.
    Kakitani has played in the end, he hasn't done much.

Good question, I wonder myself

That's utter bullshit.

It's definitely not. You'll see it soon I guess ;)

18. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    Thx for answering :))

Was only some retorical questions. I know what you mean but some coach who fits more to JNT soccer would easily see the mistakes Zac do. I was only talking about that a player like Okazaki has his place safe doesnt matter how he performed and this gave a wrong and dismotivated picture to the bench players. You need a healthy competition for places and everybody must think " I don`t have my place safe, i need to perform".

I only want to say that football is sometimes much more easier to understood. Like Hosogai.....he perfromed great you nominate him,doesnt matter if you think he doesn`t fit in your system. Often some coaches have a plan or dream for playing system and even if it`s not he best way the hold on it. They loose his important "neutral" sight of things.

19. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Uruguay.

20. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    This is the only positive thing in this WC.

21. nakata101

nakata101 Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Can anyone write a final conclusion why we fail in this world cup, technical, tactical, physical and mental?

22. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I know, but I think some were wrong in the way they were put.

Again, it's not hard to do post-match analysis. The problem is that we can't know how it would've went "in another way", so I have to disagree with this idea that there is a "correct solution". I myself for example said Saito should have played, but wether he was actually going to deliver, I don't know.
    Otherwise, if it was that easy, you wouldn't have see a coach like Del Bosque fail so hard, if you get me.

I think there wasn't a better option, and in a sense he proved it. Who knows maybe Kiyotake would've gone on fire... I have some doubts. I also thought he appeared a bit out of form so I suggested maybe he could have been rested for the last matches. Facts are I would've made a mistake ;)

I think that's a pretty big mistake, personally. Just to make you notice, Okada made the exact opposite of what you're suggesting, leaving for example Kagawa at home and bringing a player like Yano. Sekizuka did the same at the olympics, with Sugimoto and leaving at home Osako, Kudo

23. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    1998 Bad
    2002 Good
    2006 Bad
    2010 Good
    2014 Bad

nakata101 repped this.
  24. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010