2013 Sub-20 Sudamericano Official Thread

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by Eber1990, Oct 18, 2012.

1. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    You called it.
    But it was a rather easy call to make. We sucked.

2. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yep. Can't say I didn't see that coming.

nanoGVSP repped this.
  3. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    http://www.lostiempos.com/diario/ac...livia-ante-colombia-es-por_199185_424908.html
    I share the opinion in this article. Every youth tourament is the same for us, there is no respect for our youth! Three weeks worth of practice, and that was going to give us good results? Azkargorta saw the writing on the wall and pulled his name out of the coaching job, he knew this was a train wrek and saved his name, funny how he put the battery on barreras back ( is that his name). I just feel bad for the kids who had to compete at a disadvantage and get humiliated. When will this change!!

4. Boliviasoccerboy91

Nov 5, 2009
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    I blame the tactics. Three defenders was the worst decision Barrero has done. We cant blame the Federation cuz they didnt do anything wrong. People blame the Federation but they dont play the game, the players do. The coaches didnt call up more players who are in the exterior, which was a terrible idea. Bolivian youngsters who reside in our country rarely compete with the rest. I dont blame the kids but I do blame personally to the academies in our country especially Tahuichi. Tahuichi hasnt produced a "star" since like Jaime Moreno. The reason is because money is through their minds which is a shame. ( they make bank thru americans) Bolivar academy also isnt convincing, players dont practice sprints or indent to play faster football cuz of the coaches.

5. dsauna

dsauna Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^^^
    I'm gonna have to disagree with you, this is totally the federation's fault. you're right they are not the ones that call up the players, but they are the ones that decide when the team plays, 2 months of training compared to years in the other teams, that is no way to work for a coach.

Aside from that I do agree that the line of 3 was very weak, but without the proper preparation we are doomed to fail always, I hope they do realize this and start changing things.

I think this was a good step to hit bottom, when the main seleccion ends in last place will be better cause only then will they have to take drastic actions, they keep on putting a band aid to it thinking it will solve our problems.

6. NotAgain

NotAgain Member

Jan 31, 2011
    Very well said! But it is sad that we must hit rock bottom to make changes or to make the impression that we are making changes. It is truly a shame!!!

7. Boliviasoccerboy91

Nov 5, 2009
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz

Well, In the US, High school soccer is 2-3 months and usually a core of 5 people. (same like the u20)
    2-3 months is enough to build a strong team, high school teams have that time and many teams are above average in all lines. The reason being is cuz in the tryouts, the "best" players are chosen and they are truly above average. Many come from travel teams or random talents and americans have great physical training coaches, so outrunning is never a issue. They choose bout 22 players from a possible 100ish, Bolivia chooses 22 players out of the whole country. With all respect, its the country. The Bolivian youngsters and general players over there dont know what "fast" is. (with the ball). The national team is pretty good for now but with more extranjeros will be better. (cuz relying on them is best to motivate the staffs in Bolivia)

The line of 3 is pure stupidity of the coaching staff. Bolivians arent used to pace over there and seems agility is not something important in the trainings. Nobody really can do a proper 360, which is terrible.

They practice and play in Bermuda fields, the climate is beautiful in our country. No excuse for progression. Youth coaches cant coach. The league pace is slow but improving bit by bit.

8. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    2-3 months is enough to build a strong team for HS local leagues but not for any sort of true competitive futbol. They are also competing against other HS leagues that have also only 2-3 months of work. So it's apples to apples. This is why across the US the 'new' norm is private club leagues that form the players from very young circuits to U18-U19. These top private clubs also require that the players not play for HS and focus their growth with only club and improve tactics, skills and training for matches all year long. Now, even IF Bolivia can form a solid team 2-3 months, they are at a disadvantage when the other Conmebol teams are training and competing for over a year. For example, right now Bolivia should be playing the UC sub 17 tourney in Chile in preparation for the tourney in March. Instead, Mexico and Chivas U17 is playing in that tourney.

Dustyvinyl repped this.
  9. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    To me it's all about preparation, yes other countries have better leagues, more players in Europe, and probably even better gene pools( taller, stronger,more resistant players). How do we make up that gap? Like anything else in life working harder then the rest. The u 17 should be getting ready now, even before as the previous post said, but I bet we don't even have a coach yet! How the hell could they appoint someone like Barrero who has no experience, to lead the u 20? Hindsite being 20/20 Baldivieso should be glad his kid was not called

Dustyvinyl repped this.
  10. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Our guys looked just as tall and fit as everyone else,for once. The difference was in the coaching.

Barrero is not at the same level, but he knows how to brown nose Azkargorta. Baldivieso is a great motivator and would have been perfect as the coach for this team. I think we got good players, but like in the case of Azogue, how are you going to transition from being coached by a guy who played and coached (like it or not) in the world's best league, to taking instructions from a nobody? Pontons, Justiniano, Vargas and just about everyone else are in that situation.
    The guys from BEin TV noted that Barrero yelled a lot during the game, telling players what to do. That is very typical of AYSO and recreational soccer, where most of the coaching is done on the field. This was a telling sign of Barrero's level and experience.

11. NotAgain

NotAgain Member

Jan 31, 2011
    What is Marco Echevery's role in all this ???

12. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The ball movement was good at times also , I don't think the talent gap is as big as some make it out to be here., from a neutral's perspective if we are just talking this u 20 team. I don't think it is to crazy to think that with a better coach things could have been different.

Bolivianfuego and Dustyvinyl repped this.
  13. Boliviasoccerboy91

Nov 5, 2009
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Agreed. In Bolivia though lawsonishere, The pace of attacking football is slow, only the extranjeros make it look decent speed. Marco Barrero is a terrible coach with the majority of Bolivians. He put a 3-5-2 and benched Ricardo Vaca.

BUT, you guys agree they have better leagues and stuff but look at Peru? haha dont tell me Peru has the best league. No. But I know for a fact each player in the squad is individually is mentally strong and have a urge to score. They have that forward who scored on Brazil, he broke the outside line and scored. Nobody in Bolivia had a idea except for that hurtado-pontons pass which was a weak shot. The players over there expect coaches to make them better? please. In Bolivia, I never see muchachos practicing by themselves which is sad.

Its pretty funny how the u20s say the same thing, "yeah, we needed more time to get better". Most of the goals they scored on Bolivia were based on pace. No excuse. We could have gone far if these guys put the eye on the prize and didnt chicken out with their own age.