2013 Season Ticket Renewal Thread

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by KopRules, Jul 27, 2012.

1. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Its that time of year again. Id post the link, but I am having trouble viewing it online.

It looks like next season our STMember Cards will get us a 5% discount at stadium stores. Also, there appears to be a nice incentive, a Clinic, for those with young children.

2. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Love the matchmaker theme website

3. glenthas

glenthas Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, it's very well done.

4. cjgwizard

cjgwizard Member

Apr 25, 2006
    LSP, section 129
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    members' stand looks to have gone up $40.

6. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    $2 a game.

7. DemDave

DemDave Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    No Victory Suite incentive. Sadness. (But not unexpected.)

And I'm sure the clinic is nice for those with kids, but it would be nice if there was an alternative incentive those of us without. Can I pretend to be 6 in order to participate myself?

Still, can't complain too much about getting ANY free stuff for doing something you're planning on doing anyway.

8. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Anyone with a 10 y/o want to rent their child to a guy who posts on the internet?

My credentials include I recent State background check, and a sense of humor.

9. TheSmokingPun

TheSmokingPun Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The renew early incentive isn't a big deal to me, I'm not gonna ignore the Cauldron tailgate to go to theirs, so at least I know I can do payment plans this year.

Gonna miss the Victory Sweet though. That joint was heavenly but I can completely understand why we will not have that option this year. I probably drained a bottle of scotch and a keg while I was up there. :D

10. Oobers

Oobers Member+

Oct 17, 2011
    Boise
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I'm chuckling at people complaining about the price hike. Let's see, you have a business....with a high demand of limited seats.

11. SombraAla

SombraAla Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Waldo (Kansas City)
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who all is complaining? I'd love to see that (if it's online in some form)

12. Oobers

Oobers Member+

Oct 17, 2011
    Boise
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Facebook, notably the people (or families) of the southern end.

13. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can see part of the reason for the families complaining. The family deal of buy 2 adult tickets get 2 kids tickets is gone. That means families that were using that see their season ticket price double from this year to next year.

14. aletheist

aletheist Member+

Nov 17, 2010
    Olathe, Kansas, USA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No complaining from me--I can totally understand why that deal is not being offered next year. My rep said that the sponsor declined to renew it, so my guess is that Providence Medical Center lost a lot of money subsidizing so many children's tickets. It just means that I will buy two seats and not get two extras for (almost) free, which I was leaning toward doing anyway since my son turns 13 in January.

15. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I understand why it was dropped, but also understand why people would be upset about it.

16. lukeD

lukeD Member+

Jul 7, 2011
    Olathe
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haven't seen so much facebook outrage about free stuff since the season ticket scarf episode.

Providence must have picked up a few hundred kids tickets and that's not cheap. We enjoyed getting getting two free kids tickets this year. Next year we'll just have to find a baby sitter and maybe move back to the Cauldron.

17. lukeD

lukeD Member+

Jul 7, 2011
    Olathe
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I realized I should probably introduce myself before making too many more posts. My name is Luca. I've been going to Wizards games since the team moved to CAB. I used to take my son and we would sit in the bleachers on top of the Cauldron section. I now sit in the South Stand with my family (3 generations of Italians watching soccer in KC!). I've been watching the forum for about a year and figured I would try contributing. Sorry that this has nothing to do with the thread.

18. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    maybe you guys know more about how the sponsorship works, but i don't think it works this way. providence probably paid a flat sponsorship fee to skc to get their name on the section, an amount that skc predicted would likely cover the number of free tix they thought they might sell. for next year, skc has hard data (which was likely higher than expected), and was probably asking for more from providence to renew. basically, the risk of overselling was on skc, not on providence. so providence didn't "lose" any money. they paid their sponsorship fee, and now they don't want to pay what's likely a higher fee for next year.
    that's not with any real inside knowledge of the situation, so i may be off.

aside from that, welcome to the boards, luka.

19. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Sometimes, I almost think us 'meanies' on bigsoccer look reasonable and downright civil in comparison.

It has absolutely everything to do with season tickets. Call me a big sap, but I like seeing families of multiple gens at Wiz[ards/SKC] games... something about opportunities we didn't have growing up, and a reassurance that this whole-soccer-thing will never just blow over.

20. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Probably like a number of people on here, I had a credit for a bunch of 2012 season ticket accounts that I referred. I've never really seen an accounting of this -- certainly not with TM trying to charge me the full sum for 2013. Anyways, I bypassed TM, and my account rep just applied my credit to my 2013 renewal.

21. aletheist

aletheist Member+

Nov 17, 2010
    Olathe, Kansas, USA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are probably right. SKC lost some money this year--but gained a lot of young fans--and Providence is not willing to take on a larger share of the cost next year.

22. SombraAla

SombraAla Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Waldo (Kansas City)
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would say, while free is a bit much, I would love to see some sort of discount program for season tickets for young children. I'd also say that I would prefer such a program not be restricted to the South Stand as I love my East Stand seats and hate end-line seats.

Even if the discount wasn't too terribly substantial, it would be a nice gesture by the organization to show support for those families interested in passing down the love of the game, and of SKC, to their children.

I would say that such restrictions as a adult/child ratio and only doing it for season tickets are appropriate if not necessary... and I can understand if they didn't feel the need to discount season tickets any more than they already are (compared to single game prices), but again - would be a nice gesture.

23. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Sponsorships are most often flat fees but they can include other elements such as subsidizing cost for events and other expenses. I have to imagine that Providence paid at least a portion of the ticket cost for the promotion but this is all speculation.

24. lukeD

lukeD Member+

Jul 7, 2011
    Olathe
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree about promoting love of the game with your kids. Last year the team had a kids program where you got some discounted tickets, post game access to autographs in the SW corner of the South Stand, and they were entered into a game day raffle for a jersey or seat upgrades. Sometimes there were only like 4 or 5 entries for a jersey!

Overall, our team treats kids and families pretty nice. Now, if Robb would only bring back Dynamo....

25. DirtyStriker

DirtyStriker Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Basehor, KS
    Fyp, I know only a small portion of the Cauldron would get it but I sorta wish we would still do "You'll always be Chopper" at Blue.

uncre8tv repped this.