2013 Chicago Red Stars

Discussion in 'Chicago Red Stars' started by MRAD12, Dec 12, 2012.

1. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes even for the FIRE, the city (who owns the stadium) keeps the money from parking.

The problem for the Stars was not that they did not get a share of that revenue, but that the village was charging so much for that parking, 10 bucks I believe their last year at TP.

Some would argue 10 bucks is not a lot when they charge 15 for the FIRE, but IMO it does make a difference.

2. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What I don't understand is how Toyota park who is begging for clients can demand that much. They have the fire and one or two concerts a year they should be happy to make anything.

3. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am sure the Red Stars think the same thing, not sure at what price point the Red Stars would consider playing at TP, that is why I whish I would have asked how much they pay now.

4. ForeverLOST108

ForeverLOST108 Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Orlando
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The price they were previously charging probably was as low as they are willing to go in order for it to be worth actually opening up and maintaining the stadium for a match. And obviously the Red Stars are unable to afford what Toyota Park was asking for.

5. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Peter wilt said about $10,000 a game now if that is too much it is a shame because they would draw much better at TP. Playing on artificial turf especially with gridiron lines screams amateur.

6. sisyphus

sisyphus Member

Apr 17, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago
    any comments on the game? I thought Red Stars had far better chances and probably deserved the win but the Seattle keeper came up big more than a few times. Crowd was solid and certainly more than CRS has seen for 2 years, could be better though.

re stadium costs, i think Benedictine is like 1/10 the cost of TP

7. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But why. Nobody has given me a reason why TP should cost so much more than bendectine.I understand the grass has to be cut but what other reasons.

8. ForeverLOST108

ForeverLOST108 Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Orlando
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All that article tells me is that they should be desperate to make even $1 profit over what it actually costs to open the stadium for the red stars. I would like to know what it would cost to open the stadium per game day.

10. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I saw some good things from the Red Stars. Lori Chalupny is what ties everything together. I thought when Dominguez got in she showed some nice touches on the ball. I'd like to see Boxx and Dominguez start the next game. Dames, I'm sure can fit Boxx, Chalupny, Osborne in the same lineup.
    It's tough playing on short astroturf. The ball does't bounce true and often it goes fast. But I guess they have to learn to play on it and use it as home field advantage.

I will take a look at the video again and maybe make another comment or two.

Coming home to Chicago, on the 27th. Hope to see a great crowd and a great game.

11. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Red Stars fans have to bring it next Saturday. From what I saw being at the Thorns vs. Reign game in Portland today was amazing and a big standard was set. Benedectine can't have 16,000 strong but filling the stadium with loud fans would be nice.

Arnim, if you're reading this, Chicago has to bring it next Saturday night. Simple as that.

12. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    27915241038036992 is not a valid tweet id

13. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well said!

14. ForeverLOST108

ForeverLOST108 Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Orlando
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. ForeverLOST108

ForeverLOST108 Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Orlando
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to Dan Lauletta, Leslie Osborne has a knee injury and sounds like she will miss some time but they feel she will be back this season. Also, Ella Masar is day-to-day with a hip flexer.

Injury bug sure is hitting the Red Stars hard.

16. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Yikes. If the Red Stars have this much bad luck with injuries, I doubt the Germans will help much when they show up... Start planning for 2014 already? =-(

17. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :( What horrible luck. Who put the jinx on them? Losing 2 quality players right before a brutal stretch of games is not something I wish on any club. Hopefully for them, having a bit of a break before the Flash game will give Masar enough time to heal and be available.

I bet Chicago is wishing they had Winters back right now. The injury to Osborne is going to hurt. They went from having 3 DM's to none in little time.

18. LeftCoastLondoner

Oct 29, 2012
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    One glimmer of hope: the Red Stars just tweeted that Grings and Fuss "will be arriving one week from today!"

SiberianThunderT repped this.
  19. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Adding Fuss will certainly bolster their defense, which is okay but gaff-prone, and Grings will help with their offense. I'm not sure if these two are going to be enough to help Chicago grab some points in the next month. They have to face a tough KC team twice, a WNY team that is getting stronger every game twice, Portland for the third time in a month, and a Boston side which beat them easily. Losing Boxx and Osborne for those games is going to hurt more than having Grings and Fuss will help.

20. Weltmann

Weltmann Member

Sep 9, 2012

And when they see the home field they want to go right back to the airport :D jk

Deutschland is in the house.[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    They face Portland in Portland on June 1st. The US vs. Canada game is on June 2nd. Although both teams will be missing some players, The Red Stars come out ahead here because Portland will be missing Sinclair, Morgan, LeBlanc, Beuhler. CRS will be missing their goalie, McLeod.

And with USWNT games on 6/15 and 6/20 aw well. The red Stars will have the least players missing.
    So who knows?

I wonder if the Red Stars have a 3rd keeper to be on the bench when McLeod is away?
    This is also the time to bring in Tarpley.

22. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a pretty big player to be missing, especially when her backup wasn't even a starter in college. I still favor Portland to get the win at home, even with the stars missing. Chicago's backline is decent, but always seems to make at least one or two boneheaded mistakes that get punished.

It depends on who gets called up for the two South Korea games. KC may be a good shot to get a win, as they have quite a few that could be missing. WNY will be tougher even without Wambach and Lloyd, but if Franch is called up as well, then Chicago could get a tie or a W.

Is she healthy enough to return? Haven't heard much news on her lately. Tarpley at even 90 percent would be a huge boost for Chicago. She has a knack for scoring goals that this current squad seems to be lacking. I think her national team days are pretty much a thing of the past :(, but I'd love to see her get one more run at the club level.

23. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  24. ForeverLOST108

ForeverLOST108 Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Orlando
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very interesting. I saw in her first article that a lot of them live in the same apartment building that's actually owned by Arnim Whisler. Well that's a nice cost-saving measure! Great idea though that so many live close together. As she pointed out, only helps out on the field.

25. Weltmann

Weltmann Member

Sep 9, 2012
    After securing the Championship, Inka Grings and Sonja Fuss also won the Swiss Cup on Saturday.

FC Zürich vs Basel 5-0
    [​IMG]

Grings scored 2 goals and got a standing ovation when she left the pitch, as she and Fuss are getting ready for take-off to the usa.
    [​IMG]