2013-2015 U-20 Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by jsk14, Apr 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    No, none of the youngsters are German-Korean. They all went to Germany after they graduated from Highschool (in Korea). Most of them joined Blumentahler SV U-19 in 2012-13 and then successfully passed the trial for Bremen U-21 before the start of this season.

(All 4 players are from the same management and that is why they all went at the same time to Germany. )

We have one goalkeeper in that Bremen U-21 team, Cho Il-young. He went to same school as Oh Se-jun (the one picked in the AFC U-19 team) and played together for a long time at Hanyang Technical Highschool.

Oh Se-jun is a LB.

[​IMG]

2. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #127 takeuchi, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2014

Thanks! Surprised Oh Se-Jun was called up. Played LB and LW from some of the reports/clips I have seen. Also, Oh Min Taek seems to be the best prospect of the four, playing the most or consistently for U-21 team compared to others.

edit: too many kids in Germany in obscure clubs. hope most didn't join oberliga or random regionalliga/small academies thinking they can be the next "Son".

3. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    kind of a shame Nah Sang-Ho didnt make the prelim roster. granted he plays in a good system around him for club but still 22 goals is a lot for a player not on the radar till the end.

4. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He can play as a Wing-Forward as well right? seems like Shim Je-hyeok aint getting any playing time with FC Seoul, so Nah Sang-ho could have been a better option.
    It's too bad for Nah Sang-ho because the competition in FW line is packed and he is born in 1996 compared to most being 1995.

5. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    A week of training and squad trimmed to 23 . No Kim Dong-su as expected.

▲ AFC U-19 챔피언십 소집명단

GK : 이태희(19, 인천), 강현무(19, 포항), 송영민(19, 동의대)

DF : 박민규(19, 호남대), 서영재(19, 한양대), 고명석(19, 홍익대), 임승겸(19, 고려대), 오세준(19, 베르더 브레멘), 손기련(19, 단국대), 황기욱(18, 오산고), 김창연(19, 동국대), 박재우(19, 건국대), 고윤호(19, 가톨릭관동대)

MF : 김승주(19, 오렌지 카운티 블루스), 김현욱(19, 한양대), 설태수(19, 인천대), 백승호(17, 바르셀로나), 김진수(19, 아우크스부르크)

FW : 심제혁(19, 서울), 김영규(19, 알메리아), 황희찬(18, 포철고), 김신(19, 올랭피크 리옹),서명원(19, 대전), 김건희(19, 고려대)7

KovenDreamer and takeuchi repped this.
  6. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The list above was missing Lee Jung-bin. Only 2 are expected to be cut. (Song Young-min 1998 is a typo).

[​IMG]

7. Chaminator

Chaminator Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    So 백승호's official romanization of his last name is Paik... interesting (different from the usual 'Baek'). At least it's not Park sheng-ho that the Spaniards used to butcher to :p

skimmilk repped this.
  8. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    stacked cant w8 for afc u19

9. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    is 김승주 an immigrant?

10. Ice cube

Ice cube Member+

Seoul Utd
    May 4, 2014
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Paik is a bit old-fashioned.

Glad to see Lee Taehee and Lee Jungbin make it, Jungbin should've skipped uni imo.

11. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  12. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Coach Kim Sang-ho on 2 year younger Baek Seung-ho - "He controls the game that is uncharacteristic for his age"

[​IMG]

"In June, we called all the Euro-based players for a check-up. I called Baek Seung-ho back then to check-up on his skills. He is young but I made up my mind that he is more than competitive enough for the squad. Unlike his young age, his control of the game is excellent. Passing skills and vision is very good. He fits perfectly with the 'passing-football' we pursue."

[​IMG]

Baek Sung-ho - "I don't have troubles being the youngest. Everyone is nice to me so I think I will be able to show good plays.
    I want to become like Iniesta. I have the role of supplying the ball and being the team's center. I am concentrating on making my control and movement more natural. "

When asked about not being able to play -
    "I have a physical coach giving me management. My football sense may have been effected but my fitness and technical areas are well prepared. After my birthday passes next year, and after a month after registering, I will be able to play in all the matches for Barca, so there won't be any problems."

When asked about playing Japan -
    " I am not thinking only about the Japan match but trying my best for all the matches. Watching Barca 1st team in La Masia and Camp Nou, and listening to the crowd in Camp Nou, I've become really motivated to play there one day. I always dream of playing for the Taeguk crest. Ive become more confident after being selected for the National Team. Winning the Asian Championships is our goal. I want to play in next year's U-20 World Cup."

The little boy Baek Seung-ho has grown to 178cm tall.

http://sports.media.daum.net/sports/soccer/newsview?newsId=20140925150005651

TigersOfAsia, Ohhii, MagnaSejong and 4 others repped this.
  13. Reach24

Reach24 Member

South Korea FC
    South Korea
    May 2, 2012
    Korea Republic
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Wow. He's about 5'10 now.

14. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Started the training by singing the Aegukga out loud

[​IMG]

Hwang Hee-chan - "(Baek) Seung-ho and I played together at U-14 NT level and we were comfortable with each other. There are alot to learn from the hyungs that have come from Europe (Hwang Hee-chan is a year younger). "

[​IMG]

Kim Sang-ho emphasized 'football created by passing" and coach Kim Do-hoon worked with the strikers on post-play and finishing in the box.

http://sports.media.daum.net/sports/soccer/newsview?newsId=20140925184505395

15. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    I can understand Baek's inclusion in this U-20 team but how did a 16-year old keeper Song Youngmin make the squad? Why wasn't he in the U-17 squad?

At 192cm, he's also the tallest player on the team. And a university player to boot! I wonder what his story is...

16. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://www.kfa.or.kr/news/news_view.asp?BoardNo=11669&Page=1&Query=Gubun=11301

jinseokyang repped this.
  17. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The two strikers responsible for our attack in the AFC U-19 Championships -

[​IMG]

Kim Gun-hee & Hwang Hee-chan

[​IMG]

"Learning from Kim Do-hoon & Hwang Sun-hong"

Manager Hwang already calls him and meets up with him regularly to fix on his attack.

[​IMG]

Kim Sang-ho wants to use

Hwang Hee Chan ... Kim Gun Hee ... Kim Young Kyu
    The tall Kim Gun-hee be the post player and the two side attackers to unsettle the opposition defense.

http://sports.media.daum.net/sports/soccer/newsview?newsId=20140926090209625

The only two 18 year olds in the team -
    [​IMG]

Hwang Ki-wook & Hwang Hee-chan

"To fight back from the AFC U-16 Championships disappointments 2 years ago"

http://www.senpress.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=1529

jinseokyang and KovenDreamer repped this.
  18. Ohhii

Ohhii Member+

Nov 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Wait how is a 16 year old in a uni team...

Edit: Typo nm.

19. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Seol Korea, KyopoOhNo and jinseokyang repped this.
  20. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    If you go here, you can view photos of U-19 team (and everything KNT). Looks like the U-19 team had training with Kwangwoong Uni & Goyang HiFC

http://www.faphotos.net/index.php/main/layout/page/1

Stielike was watching the Goyang training match. Interesting.

Seol Korea and jinseokyang repped this.
  21. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #146 jinseokyang, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
    So pumped for this tourney... the talent pool is unbelievable for this age group
    And the part about Stielike is very interesting... I wonder who he's looking at (from what I can glean he definitely saw PSH HHC and KGH play)

Seol Korea repped this.
  22. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Full lineup with numbers. Looks like Augsburg's Kim Jin Su got cut
    [​IMG]

HiTaegukWarrior, skimmilk and Jitevra repped this.
  23. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  24. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  25. Chaminator

Chaminator Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    This tournament is definitely going to be one hell of a test for these kids... not only are they in a tricky group with no obvious weak teams, even if they make it to the knockout stages they'll likely be facing either Iraq or North Korea (for like the 1500th time over the past month or so it seems:confused:) in the quarterfinals that will determine a berth at the next year's U-20 World Cup. Just qualifying for the WC will be a great accomplishment for them, and if they can manage to win it all, even more respects for that. Fortunately, this seems to be one of our strongest youths sides ever on paper (at least in terms of offence and midfield) so I'm remaining hopeful that they can.

skimmilk repped this.