2013/2015 Sotan Tanabe @ CE Sabadell FC \ Yukiya Sugita @ Hercules Alicante (ESP) Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by Dax, Jul 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  2. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Is this guy a J-League reject going to lower leagues abroad, or is he a proven J-League talent wanting a bigger challenge?

3. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  4. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
  5. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think he scored today against Tokyo, friendly ended 2-2.

6. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Injured againt Andorra 'B'. Injured his shoulder, and was taken off at 25'.

7. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Sabadell starts the league today... against Ienaga's team

zdrstvte repped this.
  8. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    both of 'em start.

BigDnm01 repped this.
  9. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    starts again against Ponferradina

10. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I went to Sabadell's stadium today hoping to see Tanabe, but all I could see was his warm up.

He spent the whole time running around the pitch with a stopwatch in his hand. After running for a very long time he disappeared and he wasn't even named by the stadium's announcer when the list of players was read.

Maybe he still hasn't recovered from his injury, or maybe there's another reason and I just don't know. If someone knows, please tell me.

Anyhow, Sabadell won 3-0 in a very important match to boost the team's morale.

11. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    BIG NEWS...

Until today, Tanabe has been absent for 8 matches, the reason? I still don't know, but today the coach had the "brilliant" idea of choosing him for the starting 11.

Appart from listening to the match on the radio, I was checking twitter all the time to see people's reactions, and nobody could understand why Tanabe was starting the match on the field.

The first half was terrible, Sabadell conceeded a goal and looked like Tanabe was not in his best moment.
    Commentators started to blame him and supporters showed their anger on twitter.

The worst part came when the whole team started sending the ball to the right wing systematically, seeing that the left wing (where Tanabe plays) was not effective.

Everybody thought that Tanabe would be substituted at half time, but actually he played up to 68'.
    Right before being substituted, he made an excellent run with a great assistance that his colleague didn't finish well, but could have been an easy goal. Despite this, he had to sit on the bench.
    The team started to create more occasions but could never finish them.

Lugo 1 - 0 Sabadell, another defeat away from home.

The team has many problems but today most people saw Tanabe as the main one.
    At the end, commentators said it wasn't his fault, because the coach made him play and that was the real problem (so... not a very positive comment either...).

Probably the main reason why everybody was angry is that Tanabe might have played just because Sakamoto (the president) was watching the match in the stadium - which normally doesn't happen, so the coach might have been influenced.
    The truth is that the guys who usually play in Tanabe's position were recovering from an injury and could only play a few minutes.

Conclusion:
    Supporters are not happy with Tanabe, but even if they wanna believe it was his fault, we all know the whole team is not doing well, and the coach might be spending his last days in the club.

I feel down... I always supported him but I gotta say the circumstances are not favorable at all :(

Even if it's raining shit in Sabadell, I will always support you, Tanabe #21.
    元気出して!頑張って!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Considering the mess that followed the club's acquisition and some terrible comments, there's nothing to be surprised about unfortunately.
    Tanabe also isn't too good as a footballer himself, so it certainly isn't easy for him...
    Thanks for the report

13. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    All right, I edited the thread title. Tanabe isn't playing much, so I thought it was a good idea to make the thread more updated.
    After last week's goal, Sugita has earned his first start according to my feed!
    you can watch him live now.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  14. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    2 assists and praise from Gerard Pique on Twitter today, not a bad start for his career.

15. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    haha that was an original o-

:eek:

Whispered11 and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  16. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    WHAT THE F.... Piqué said that? omg.. that is great news for Sugi.

Yeah, that was my face when I read it... btw, you should post that tweet on the "not so famous" topic or even create a topic for Sugi xP

Anyway, back to topic, about Sotan and CE Sabadell FC, the current coach was fired due to terrible results and the second coach is now managing the team.
    This week's match is about to start, I hope Sotan has more chances and more minutes with this coach or the one to come.

17. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    ;)

18. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Ohhh lol sorry, I didn't notice.
    I think it's a good idea to put them together in the same topic :)

19. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #19 OishiiUdon, Dec 1, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
    Tanabe warming up. Sabadell winning 3-1.
    Edit: Tanabe not longer warming up lol
    Edit 2: Warmed up again and is about to come in (he'll have about 10 minutes).

Btw, I forgot to share this here... looks like Tokyo FC's partnership with Sabadell is cooler than I thought, this is what they sell next to FC Tokyo's merchandising shops :D

[​IMG]

20. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Final Results:

CE Sabadell FC 3 - 1 Mirandés
    Múrcia 1 - 2 Hércules

Two great victories.
    Sotan couldn't do much in those 10 minutes.
    Sugi, however, played very well once more (as you can tell by Gerard Piqué on twitter) and gave a very good assistance for his team's first goal.

You can see plenty of articles talking about Sugi and his talent recently.
    A team manager at Valencia CF said "When Sugi is playing, you know something's gonna happen".
    Looks like Hércules fans are loving this guy's style and contributions to the team.

Some of his club's managers reported that after the team's training hours and after everybody goes home, he stays there to do individual sessions, practice free kicks and dribblings, etc. A very good proof of his hardworking spirit.
    Gotta love this guy's effort.

I'll try to post a video of his assistance, however I've been told there are problems to play the official videos due to copyright stuff.

21. nshires

nshires Member

Jul 15, 2013
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers

13/12/01 REAL MURCIA 1 - HÉRCULES 2

Samurai Warrior, nakata101, sc-f and 3 others repped this.
  22. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Call him up.

23. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Following the trend of articles talking about Sugi, here you have one (thanks Dax!) which I will briefly summarize.
    http://www.abc.es/local-alicante/20131128/abci-sugi-cope-hercules-201311281706.html

"Sugi, the other big hope of Hércules"
    "The Japanese became, together with Eldin, the player with more projection".

The article provides a link to a spanish podcast ( http://www.ivoox.com/deportes-cope-alicante-viernes-29-noviembre-2013-audios-mp3_rf_2600783_1.html ) that starts talking about him at 16:40.
    The common point is that Sugi is doing great, some say he should be on the starting 11 (In fact, today he was) and some other people say he should be getting more minutes gradually, not at once.

In any case, they highlight his agility and capacity to cause a lot of trouble to the defenders.

Local soccer blogs and news sites talk about him causing impact on the coach, to a point in which he wants to keep him by all means.
    The coach also stated that "(we) will make everything we can in order to have him playing for us, as everyone has deposited a lot of hope on him".
    He can play in more than one position and has a very powerful lower body, you can see his influence on the field. His only flaw would be the lack of experience.

About legal and contractual stuff, there was a mess regarding his situation.

As the article says, turns out this summer he played a friendly match in Spain (Kashiwa Reysol vs Villareal CF), and a team from the Spanish 3rd division called "Fútbol Club Jove Español San Vicente" (which is kind of an Hércules Youth Team) wanted to get him.

He accepted and after being there, Hércules CF realized how good this guy was, but in order to have him they needed to sign a professional contract (which is about 80.000 euros due to his condition of non-european player) and here comes the mess:
    Hércules had already closed the budget for the year, so the only option was to make another kind of cheaper contract with the Youth Team, and then making an agreement so that the Youth Team would allow the player to stay in the first team, Hércules CF.

He has signed for 3 years and is now playing on loan. However, once he plays 10 matches with Hércules, he will become an official player of this team (don't ask me how).
    The other issue was getting him a visa to stay in Spain legally... you know Japanese people have trouble with that all the time.

It's almost unbelievable that he is finally playing and doing well :) Hope he has a good future.

24. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    the official site has just published an article on Sugita
    attempting a quick translation since I'm literally yawning here

http://www.herculesdealicantecf.net/-/sugi-seguire-trabajando-muy-duro-para-alcanzar-un-gran-nivel-
    Title: "I will continue to work hard to reach an higher level"
    Hercules chains of 2 consecutive victories and is now just one point from getting out of the relegation zone. This morning Sugi has appeared for the media after training to say that he was "happy in the team" and that he "was going to work hard to do better"
    Sugi debuted in the Liga the previous week scoring a goal against Sabadell, and started against Murcia, where he was key in one of the actions of the match, by assisting his teammate Portillo.
    "The two situations (the goal and the assist) are very different. The goal against Sabadell was last minute. In Murcia it was very important, I was very nervous. I'm happy that I was able to do these 2 things"
    The young 20 years old player admitted that he is suprised about the situation he's living in, since 2 years ago he wasn't playing any professional football (playing in Sendai University is considered professional ? )
    "I'm surprised, everything happened so fast, I always tried to reach a higher level, I'm still surprised to be able to play here."
    He added that he would love to "stick with Hercules, win and maybe reach the first division. I have to work hard but I would love to stay here"
    He admitted that he has problems with the language and that spanish "is very difficult" but his teammates help him "there is a nice atmosphere in the dressing room. My teammates speak to me slowly. The coaches speak faster, but the players help me to understand"
    He also had a few words about the tweet that Barcelona's Gerard Piqué dedicated to him, "Pique's twitter is very much followed, while in Japan the fact that I'm playing here is a small news."
    He still wants to stay prudent and knows that it's just the beginning "I have to keep up my work, this isn't the best I can do. I have to work more"

GunnerTNB, Samurai Warrior and sc-f repped this.
  25. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Excellent translation, Dax! no mistakes :)

He is living the dream xD 20 years old and no previous professional experience do not seem a problem for him :p

They (Hércules) will play against the 5th this weekend at home.

CE Sabadell, with their new coach and a whole new good atmosphere, will visit the stadium of FC Barcelona B.
    Tanabe might have more chances with this new coach :)