2013-2014 Ligue 1 match thread [R]

Discussion in 'Olympique Lyonnais' started by AfrcnHrbMan, Aug 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
  2. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  3. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    hard to figure out what's going on in them as is, but i found a video that helps decipher the action. at first it looks like steffs against steffs fighting across the plexi (and it's true the greens and the magics don't get along real well) but actually they're just getting away (or helping get away) from the CRS. the guy doing the kicking is niçois. this all happened before the match even started.

the steffs claimed their bus had been pelted with rocks but all evidence points to the contrary.

these two clubs probably have the most outrageous hardcore ultras since the paris kops were dissolved and the blood is very bad between them*.

*along with bastia: it's like we hate them and they hate us but apparently we've all got a problem with you.

4. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    So I guess the biggest point of satisfaction from the Bastia game is that Lacazette, Benzia and Grenier had good games...at least in the second half. That's 3 of our youth players that stepped up to deliver. Umtiti on the other hand had a poor to average game. Gonalons probably was also average. So as it stands our youth attacking players are leading the charge while the defense still needs to get on board the bandwagon. Thats the crucial missing piece of the puzzle at this point and if the staff can get that sorted and keep everyone motivated this team might be able to shift into a higher gear. fingers crossed!

5. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    #30 NicolasN., Dec 15, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
    Lyon a perdu gros avec la sortie de Gomis qui permettait au bloc équipe lyonnais de remonter grâce à son jeu de remise dos au but. Garde probably made a mistake by replacing him as it seems that he wasn't injured unless he was too exhausted to keep playing. Lyon deserved a better result.

Vercoutre has been horrible...

6. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    This.

7. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i didn't see the second half since i had an engagement, but despite duga saying vercoutre couldn't have done anything about APG's goal to close the first half i think he's grievously at fault. the shot wasn't that good and coming from that far away he should have been on it. he had done well to cuff away j. ayew's flick earlier, but the radio talk afterwards lays the blame for the match pretty squarely on him. a real shame because OL was so good in the first half, i really expected better, and was crushed to find out we had only drawn.

gomis had been awesome in the first half, but that kind of play takes a lot of energy, it's kind of normal he can only go 70 min.

hopefully gourcuff isn't badly injured, he was just coming around... again.

well, at least we didn't lose, so i can face xmas with my in-laws w/o getting ribbed all day.

AfrcnHrbMan repped this.
  8. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    lyon 1 ASSE 2

this must be historic win for ASSE

9. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    5 STAGES.jpg
    i'm already to n°2. almost.

10. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Oh man I thoroughly enjoyed that. What a rush to beat PSG!

guignol repped this.