2013-2014 Bundesliga Match Day 8: Gladbach v Borussia Dortmund [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by footyfan1, Oct 5, 2013.

1. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guys, I am sorry for not doing a proper thread this week. I just have other, more pressing, issues going on right now. Hell, I am even doing this on my iPad Mini using Tapatalk. :D

MatthausSammer repped this.
  2. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sokratis reportedly out with an adductor issue suffered in training.

3. BVBinLeeds

BVBinLeeds Member

Oct 5, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Fancy Reus to bag a few goals today

4. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Gladbach are and can be a very dangerous team., they love to counter attack, so it might cancel out bvb counter attacks.

Also they are playing at home, so they'll have that little edge. I predict a tough game.

5. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    I wrote a write up, but for some reason the forum said I didn't have the proper privileges to start a thread. But I saved the document so I'll post it now (I know it's a bit late but I just woke up.

6. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    2013-2014 Bundesliga Match Day 7

Borussia Mönchengladbach

Vs.

Borussia Dortmund

Match is on Saturday, October 5th 2013, in the Stadion im Borussia Park, Mönchengladbach - Kickoff is at 3:30 PM CET

Didn't see any write up yet, and its the night before the match, so I took the initiative.

Borussia Monchengladbach have won all three home games this season against Hannover (3-0), Werder Bremen (4-1) and Braunschweig (4-1), conceding only two goals and scoring 11. They've fared worse on the road losing to Leverkusen, Bayern, Hoffenheim and drawing Augsburg. However they sit 7th in the table as and should results elsewhere go for them they can overtake Hannover, Stuttgart and Hertha to take 4th.

Borussia Dortmund are on good form holding three cleansheets from the past three games (Marseilles, Freiburg and 1860) and scoring 10 goals over the past three. Borussia Dortmund's away form over all compitions is 3 wins (Frankfurt, Augsburg and SV Wilhelmshaven), one draw (Nurnberg) and one defeat (Napoli), (and the 1860 match, which over 90 minutes was a draw, but we won 2-0).

Dortmund hasn't lost to Monchengladbach in the past two seasons with two wins and two draws, the two wins scoring 2-0 and 5-0.

**DISCLAIMER** Not Official Lineups

According to Bundesliga.com projected lineups:

Borussia Mönchengladbach: ter Stegen - Jantschke, Stranzl, Alvaro Dominguez, Wendt - Nordtveit, G. Xhaka - Herrmann, Arango - Raffael, M. Kruse

Borussia Dortmund: Weidenfeller - Großkreutz, Sokratis, Hummels, Durm - S. Bender, Sahin - Blaszczykowski, H. Mkhitaryan, Reus - Lewandowski

Out for Dortmund:

Schmelzer (thigh), Gundogan (Back), Piszczek (hip)

Out For Monchengladbach:

Daems

Referee - Manuel Gräfe

Manuel Gräfe pictured above seen sending off Robert Lewandowski in the match against Hamburg for his tackle. Grafe has been refereeing since 2004 in the Bundesliga, and got his FIFA badge in 2007.
    2013-2014 Bundesliga Match Day 7

Borussia Mönchengladbach

Vs.

Borussia Dortmund

Match is on Saturday, October 5th 2013, in the Stadion im Borussia Park, Mönchengladbach - Kickoff is at 3:30 PM CET

Didn't see any write up yet, and its the night before the match, so I took the initiative.

Borussia Monchengladbach have won all three home games this season against Hannover (3-0), Werder Bremen (4-1) and Braunschweig (4-1), conceding only two goals and scoring 11. They've fared worse on the road losing to Leverkusen, Bayern, Hoffenheim and drawing Augsburg. However they sit 7th in the table as and should results elsewhere go for them they can overtake Hannover, Stuttgart and Hertha to take 4th.

Borussia Dortmund are on good form holding three cleansheets from the past three games (Marseilles, Freiburg and 1860) and scoring 10 goals over the past three. Borussia Dortmund's away form over all compitions is 3 wins (Frankfurt, Augsburg and SV Wilhelmshaven), one draw (Nurnberg) and one defeat (Napoli), (and the 1860 match, which over 90 minutes was a draw, but we won 2-0).

Dortmund hasn't lost to Monchengladbach in the past two seasons with two wins and two draws, the two wins scoring 2-0 and 5-0.

**DISCLAIMER** Not Official Lineups

According to Bundesliga.com projected lineups:

Borussia Mönchengladbach: ter Stegen - Jantschke, Stranzl, Alvaro Dominguez, Wendt - Nordtveit, G. Xhaka - Herrmann, Arango - Raffael, M. Kruse

Borussia Dortmund: Weidenfeller - Großkreutz, Sokratis, Hummels, Durm - S. Bender, Sahin - Blaszczykowski, H. Mkhitaryan, Reus - Lewandowski

Out for Dortmund:

Schmelzer (thigh), Gundogan (Back), Piszczek (hip)

Out For Monchengladbach:

Daems

Referee - Manuel Gräfe

Manuel Gräfe pictured above seen sending off Robert Lewandowski in the match against Hamburg for his tackle. Grafe has been refereeing since 2004 in the Bundesliga, and got his FIFA badge in 2007.

7. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Line-ups from before the match
    GLADBACH: (4-2-2-2) ter Stegen; Wendt, Stranzl, Dominguez, Jantschke; Nordveit, Xhaka; Arango, Herrmann; Kruse, Raffael.

DORTMUND: (4-2-3-1) Weidenfeller; Durm, Hummels, Subotic, Grosskreutz; Sahin, Bender; Reus, Mkhitaryan, Aubameyang; Lewandowski.

8. AgentMu|der

AgentMu|der Member

Sep 17, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    BVB looking pretty dangerous today.

9. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Gladbach can't pass, can't do anything. We are killing them but no end product for now. Hummels ( I think) with an incredible miss.

Gladbach are playing like they did vs Augsburg - simply not good enough at least for now.

10. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Ter Stegen playing well so far, stopping our long range shots.

11. swit0539

swit0539 Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Howdy, does anyone have a decent match thread?

12. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    You mean stream?

13. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Lewy acting like a douche

14. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Aubameyang misses a 1-v-1

15. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Hoffman for bender

16. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Kuba in for Miki

17. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    F**K PK for gladbach 80th minute

18. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    And Hummels is sent off

19. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    and we're losing

20. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Stranzl last man of defence and fouls reus, only a yellow though

21. AgentMu|der

AgentMu|der Member

Sep 17, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Horribly unlucky day.

22. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Reus hits crossbar off of the free kick

*edit*

Damn, 2-0

23. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    gunter for Sahin???:confused:

24. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So unlucky. Never a red for Hummels and then Stranzl gets away with a two footed tackle.

I think Gladbach deserved. Dortmund can dominate possession all they want but creativity lacking in final third. As match progressed became way too predictable and then Klopp screws up and takes off Bender allowing Gladbach to have extra man in midfield where they break to create the first goal.

Matakos and chewz repped this.
  25. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Horrible last ten minutes, I agree completely taking off Bender wasn't a good choice I would have taken off Sahin instead of Bender.