2013-2014 Bundesliga Match Day 13: Borussia Dortmund v FC Bayern München - The German "Clasico" [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by footyfan1, Nov 19, 2013.

1. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Borussia Dortmund

versus

[​IMG]
    FC Bayern München

[​IMG]
    Saturday, November 23, 2013, Westfalenstadion, Dortmund - Kickoff: 6:30 PM CET

Just doing this quickly to get a match thread started. Have at it guys!!!

chewz repped this.
  2. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Borussia Dortmund Relishing Big Bayern Challenge

Borussia Dortmund are relishing hosting European champions Bayern Munich in Saturday's Bundesliga showdown with midfielder Ilkay Gundogan suggesting they are currently the only European team who can beat the Bavarians.

Second-placed Dortmund, who are four points behind leaders Bayern in the Bundesliga, host Pep Guardiola's side at Borussia's Westfalenstadion in a repeat of May's UEFA Champions League final.

Bayern's France winger Franck Ribery has already said the league match will be "decisive in the title race" and it is being billed as the Bundesliga's key showdown.

"It's a big challenge, they are the most difficult team in the whole of Europe and it's a highlight to take on this top team," Germany midfielder Gundogan, who is currently injured, told magazine Kicker.

"In both the German Super Cup and the Champions League final, we have proved in recent months that we are the only team in the Bundesliga, and perhaps in the whole of Europe, who can deny Bayern.

"We believe in our own strengths and we're confident of winning the game."

Click here for the entire story at FIFA.com.

3. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Good luck and I hope both teams make it through the match without any injuries.

chewz repped this.
  4. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think a draw would be a fair result TBH..

We have piggy out for sure.,

Robben questionable.
    Thiago/shaq not fit

What's bvb injury status?

5. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    With ur squad dept its no probs for u, our case different, key players missing againts u guys and napoli afterwards could prove to be devastating

6. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Our entire back 4 plus gundogan
    Schmelzer, Subotic, Hummels, Piszczek and Gundogan. Looking bleak, you guys have the bigger chance of winning.

7. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Talk about a nightmare.... Jesus

8. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Really sucks that you have so many injuries. I wanted to see what this Bayern team could do against a full strength Dortmund.

9. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #9 footyfan1, Nov 20, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
    I don't think we have a chance. Not with essentially a "B" team out there. This will only be a matter of how much Bayern wins by.......

Matakos and MatthausSammer repped this.
  10. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I could easily see the Bayern players thinking that we have this one in the bag, and not giving 100%. Anything can happen but we should definitely win.

11. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Honestly I can still see a draw,.

Bvb players will fight relentlessly.,
    Unless klopp has the Napoli game as a bigger priority

12. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Who will be starting in central defence ?
    Sokratis-Bender ? Sokratis-Guenter ? Sokratis-Kehl ? Sokratis-Friedrich ?

We need to park the bus big time to not get embarrassed. All the players need to play in and around the box.

13. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude, are you trying to be nice or just trying to downplay your club's chances to spare your own feelings if you guys don't win by four goals?

Unless klopp has the Napoli game as a bigger priority[/quote]

As I said over at the injury thread:

"This was the worst thing to happen before the Napoli match. Well, maybe not the worst thing, but close.

BL contention, we can't worry about at the moment. The season isn't half over and there's time in the BL.

They've got to put the focus on the Napoli match at this time.

Now, I am not reversing course and saying the CL is more important to us overall. No.

I am talking about at this moment right here. This situation.

At this time, I'm more worried about the Napoli match than the immediate Bayern match. I hate to say it, but with the injuries, the Bayern match is already nearly as good as lost. Get the team ready to do whatever they can against Napoli. That's where the magic needs to happen at this point in time........."

14. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think they won't admit it, but what you're suggesting about "parking the bus" is probably exactly what we'll do. However, if we do this, I believe it will insure we get embarrassed.

I hope if we're going to go down, we'll go down fighting.

As far as central defense goes, I think we'll be looking at "Sokratis-Günter."

I think it would a lot to ask of Manuel Friedrich to face Bayern after just a week off the street. I also wouldn't ask Kehl to do it as honestly, he sucks at it. Kehl is also the only other credible "body" for D-Mid should something happen to Bender or Sahin.

I wouldn't put Bender in the back because I think we need him in midfield more.

15. WolframvonEschenbach

Nov 16, 2011
    Chicago, Illinois
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This news is terribly disappointing & have no idea how Klopp will manage to deploy a defense against Bayern. I did read that Manuel Friedrich was signed so that gives Dortmund a veteran center back, albeit one who hasn't played competitive football in over six months. As far as the full backs….I suppose you go with Olive Kirch at right and, as someone above noted, starting Großkreutz at left. I still firmly believe there is plenty of quality left to get a draw, but Bender & Sahin will have their work cut out for them. Going to be a tense week upcoming.

16. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Playing Kirch is like playing a man down. I'd rather see this lineup if Durm isn't actually fit to play.

--------------------------------Weidenfeller-----------------------------------------

Kuba----------------Sokratis------------------Gunter-------------------KG-----

--------------------Bender----------------------------Sahin-------------------------

Aubameyang--------------------Mkhitaryan---------------------------Reus---

-----------------------------------Lewandowski-------------------------------------

Bench: Langerak (GK), Kirch, Hornschuh, Sarr, Bandowski, Hofmann, Ducksch, Schieber

If Durm is fit and can play, I think I would still go with this lineup and add Durm to the bench.

17. WolframvonEschenbach

Nov 16, 2011
    Chicago, Illinois
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Agreed. An interesting line-up. I was curious about the possibility of deploying Kuba at RB. In all probability, would perform more capably than Kirch & offers speed going forward. I still see plenty of quality in this line-up to beat Bayern (IMHO).

18. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I doubt this lineup would have any chance at actually beating Bayern. I do think they could minimize the damage and if things really go our way, possibly steal a point.

WolframvonEschenbach repped this.
  19. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Depends if Pep would fall for our pressing and counters. I'm sure he's thought of that since the Super Cup.

Pessimistic about this match, but I can imagine a few possibilities in which we could win/draw. The backline isn't world class, but I wouldn't say it's bad, not enough vs. Bayern or in the CL, but otherwise it's rather solid.

Can't expect to win the midfield battle against Bayern, but maybe some pace could work.

How are they lining up? 4-1-4-1 or a 4-2-3-1?
    ------------------------Neuer------------------------
    --Lahm---------Dante-----Boateng--------Alaba--
    ----------------------Martinez-----------------------
    --Mueller--------Kroos-----Gotze----------Ribery--
    --------------------Mandzukic-----------------------

My guess, not sure about Kroos or Martinez. If they play 4-1-4-1 I can see us exploiting it.

20. WolframvonEschenbach

Nov 16, 2011
    Chicago, Illinois
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    In my opinion, the only way BVB have a chance to get a decent result against Bayern in light of this injury situation is to forego 4-2-3-1 and play 4-5-1. This really isn't much different than how they line-up now, except that the midfield is much more compact while still offering width for defensive cover on the flanks & the occasional (and possibly rare) foray on the wings. In this way, we force Bayern to attack up the middle. It isn't perfect (if Reus or Aubameyang lose control of their men it could be good night for us & Lewandowski could get isolated up top) but Dortmund have no other choice than to try to absorb as much pressure as possible in midfield before Bayern reach our back line. Similar to 4-3-3 but provides more width. Could look something like this:
    ---------------------------Weidenfeller---------------------------

Kuba------------Sokratis-----Friedrich(Günter)----Großkreutz

-----------------------------Bender-------------------------------
    -------------------Sahin-------------------Mkhitaryan-----------
    Aubameyang------------------------------------------------Reus

--------------------------Lewandowski----------------------------

21. Zarastro

Zarastro Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We can still win this if:

-Weidenfeller enters god mode again
    -Guardiola chooses a completely stupid tactic
    -Bayern's player are getting too complacent
    -We outscore them (Klopp's half-time speech: "My center is yielding. My right is retreating. Situation excellent. We are attacking".
    - Bayern pulls a "Finale dahoam".

That being said, I am not very optimistic. I just hope we avoid a high loss and save face.

22. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I really doubt they're going to throw Friedrich into the fire against Bayern a week off the unemployment line......

WolframvonEschenbach and chewz repped this.
  23. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    i just hope klopp doesnt star to change his tactical schemes, we all know how that usually turns out...

24. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ribery is out with a fractured rib. Most likely you will see:
    ------------------------Neuer------------------------
    --Lahm---------Dante-----Boateng--------Alaba--
    ----------------------Martinez-----------------------
    --Mueller--------Kroos-----Gotze----------Robben--
    --------------------Mandzukic-----------------------

25. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Ukraine? Rough b*stards. Robben on the left doesn't worry me as much, still doesn't change much our defense is still unable to cope with that attacking threat.