2013/15 Hajime Hosogai @ Hertha BSC (GER)

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by Dax, May 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think the reason is more that Yamaguchi can do anything, even take free kicks. Hosogai is a 6 and that's what he can do, but that has hardly much to do with the football that the JNT is trying to play.
    I really don't think that he is a better passer than Hasebe, too. I've seen good pass accuracy stats but it's not through assists or long balls

That's just speculation. Kiyotake wouldn't be that important in Dortmund as in Nuremberg but he's still very good. Leverkusen is just one club, and one coach. Just like Yoshida was key in Southampton last year, and now is a reserve

2. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Nope, it's not speculation, he simply isn't good enough. You simply needed to watch to understand. Kiyotake and Yoshida are not on Hosogai's level.

3. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Probably because they don't even play in the same position

datschge repped this.
  4. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    And better players at their respective positions too.

5. marten48

marten48 Member

Jun 2, 2012
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Wow, what analysis. "He sucks", according to you. We get it. Amazing that even datschge's in depth explanation of Hosogai's value didn't get through to you. Would it pain you so much to admit that there are aspects of the game at which he excels? But I guess that would ruin your "Hosogai is the worst" view of the world.

datschge, seolseol and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  6. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    Sorry but thats not true, Hosogai is on the same Level like Schweinsteiger or Bender from Dortmund/Leverkusen at this season. He is absolutely outstanding. He has best ratings,one of the best overall rating ins the complete Bundesliga. So he is good enough in this form to play in every team and fill a important role.

It`s easy,when a player gets best ratings and is rated as one of the best def. midlefieldes in the complete league he is good enough for better teams and it's likely that he can play even better at a better team who trust him unlike Leverkusen.

Nobodoy can say something, cause his ratings speak for himself.

seolseol, Samurai Warrior and Majster2 repped this.
  7. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Sorry for Aoyama, but a spot in 23-squad for WC is mandatory if Hosogai keeps playing like this.

8. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    I could write a beautiful piece, going in depth, about how I am the best player in the world but I don't think it would make it true unfortunately. He had an entire year to breakthrough, he didn't. That's how it happened and that's understandable because Rolfes, Castro, Bender, even Reinartz at the time, are or were better than him. Note that I didn't say he sucked, nor that I did in any previous post.
    His whole game is about agression, he makes a lot of fouls, he picks a pass once in a while, that's it. It's useful but that doesn't make him a great player on a personal level. There's a reason he rides the bench in the national team, even when Hasebe or Endo are at their worst : he's completely unidimensional.

Jesus.

9. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    I guess Kagawa is a complete failure then. After all even with a manager that is incapable of seeing and making use of a player's strengths, it's solely upon the player to prove his worth in any and all circumstances.

Btw. why do you still waste your time in a thread about Hosogai? It's plenty obvious to everyone by now that you couldn't care less about him.

Samurai Warrior and seolseol repped this.
  10. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    He is no Schweinsteiger. Anyway, if Hasebe cannot return, then him and Yamaguchi can be a good pairing. If Hasebe returns, maybe a three man midfield consisting of three of them can be good as well.

11. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Kagawa, Busquets, Schweinsteiger, Bender ... quoted on Hosogai's subject.

OK.

12. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Here is my short input

He is a destructor of a game. That type of DMC he does it well and for teams like Hertha it works, they need such players.
    However in best teams around the globe those players are history you need to be able to pass, have a good first touch, vision etc on DMC spot as well

He doesnt excel in those areas

13. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Yamaguchi can compensate for it. His activity rate is high as hell and he is unafraid of making runs into the penalty box.

14. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Unsung hero who gets the job done for the right team. Close to useless under the current system and tactics for the national team.

datschge repped this.
  15. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Japan get to the knockout stages and face a strong opponent with a world class #10, Hosogai might be a good option to play the destroyer role. I remember he shut down Kagawa completely against Dortmund a few years ago.

16. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    He is arguing for the sake of argument!

17. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    This discussion is an interesting one as long as nobody puts the other down for contradicting his views.
    As far as I read Saku never did that, so I don't see your point.

18. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    I'm not, and making you feel you're wasting time reacting to him is crap, so I'm not seeing him anymore now.

19. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you guys just have diametrically opposite outlooks, glass-half-full and half-empty respectively. Not sure you actually disagree on any specific footballing point here.

20. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Unsung would be a good term if he wasn't compared to a bunch of really great players, a category he doesn't belong to. He is a nice squad player and my guess is that he is celebrated because he has locked down a starting role, a feat most of the japanese players have failed to do so far. But that doesn't mean he's great, he's gonna go to the World Cup on that achievement alone when it's pretty clear he's absolutely useless to the team.

Chingoo repped this.
  21. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    I'm witnessing something unusual and rare in case of Japanese players abroad - he's more recognized and praised in Germany than in Japan.

22. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    As much as one would like to think that he won a spot thanks to divine calling, I've seen him play in Herta sometimes, and he does well. He does well. Fights for every ball, was able to hold his own even as CB in Bundesliga. So there's not much more than that.
    And he's gonna go to the World Cup because the coach thinks that he is doing well, and is good depth to the squad.

23. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    umm, anyways...

Hosogai & Hiroki are starting today. :D

24. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    I'll ask this again: How are players who cover space and close gaps between defence and midfield seen in Japan? In Germany the respect for this is quite new, getting a lot of recognition only after Guardiola installed his 4-1-4-1 at Bayern and surprised everyone by moving Lahm to the midfield who again surprised everyone on how versatilely that sole holder position can be filled. With that the awareness for comparable cases (Baier at Augsburg, Hosogai at Hertha) has increased tremendously compared to previous seasons.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  25. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    #250 datschge, Mar 15, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
    http://www.berliner-kurier.de/herth...tha--hosogai-jagt-ramos,7168990,26560664.html

"Hatschi" (eng. "Sneezy") appears to be Hosogai's nickname in the team. :ROFLMAO:

http://www.herthabsc.de/de/fans/spieltagstipp-hosogai/page/4683--59-59--59.html

Some match day predictions by Hosogai. He correctly predicted the outcome of yesterday's Augsburg vs. Schalke match.

Majster2 and Samurai Warrior repped this.