(2013.11.16) International Friendly: Netherlands x Japan [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by OneiroPhobia, Nov 7, 2013.

1. griffindinho_au

griffindinho_au Member+

May 30, 2013
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Konno is too small to be a CB. He would be more better suited as a defensive midfielder or maybe a full back (but japan have too many atm).

Radu Razvan and seolseol repped this.
  2. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #227 Blue-San, Nov 16, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
    give me tape now!

and for god sake Saku stop trolling. Look what you did now...

We know that Konno has its flaws and most of us wish Zaccheroni to find a better solution in defense and also believe it to be possible.

This with Yamaguchi in midfield was neat stuff, if in the next games he plays he keeps producing like that, than we just got an improvement over Endo thing.

People are sometimes just too blind and saying Konno + Yoshida is the best Japan has to offer almost default like is also that kind of rigid thinking. Perhaps it is, but perhaps there is a better option. The thing is, defense aint great in fact is a huge problem and it's up to Zac to try and find a solution.
    Maybe we remain stuck with Konno Yoshida in the end, but at least options were tried. Saying that I also realize that is not likely and have said it before that I personally believe Konno Yoshida will be JNT's main duo as WC hits

Same shit happened with attack. Kakitani and Osako are an improvement to Maeda Havenaar stuff we had not so long ago.

As far as I am concerned atm it is like:

Attack - > sorted (osako kakitani instead of maeda havenaar)
    "wings" - were ok before
    AMC - sorted (Kengo Nakamura out)
    MC - starting to sort itself (Yamaguchi ahead of Endo would be nice)
    FB - were ok before
    CB - the only area which is basically the same as it was (morishige or not)
    GK - was i guess sorted before, but I like how he is giving chance to others to perform

3. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Now for the usual dose of bitterness.

GunnerTNB, Dax, Pjdawa and 1 other person repped this.
  4. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  5. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    As a Roma fan I'm glad Strootman realized he was in a for a fight and gave up. No need to injure yourself in a friendly match. Though he did get treatment in the first half which might have had to do with it.

6. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Think twice before making a criticism, otherwise Saku will get you!

Saku² repped this.
  7. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    No, because this is fair criticism (which with I agree, even better) ! While nobody gives a damn about a yellow earned 40 yards away from the goal.

8. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    It wasn't because he's weak or caught off guard. It was because established before the game that the defenders should play high on the pitch. Not many nations would go with that against a team like Dutch NT.

The biggest difference which changed the game (aside from osako's goal which gave them more confidence before the second half but it wasn't something that bothered Dutch NT as they knew about this vulnerability earlier) was the fact that with throwing in Kagawa and Yatto on the pitch it released Honda who's been man marked in the first half. And it looks like only few teams in the world could go against Japanese NT without a game plan before the game as the offensive potential in the team is surely world-class.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  9. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Playing high implies 100% focus and he was caught off guard. I'm a sucker for Konno but he was caught and he made the right decision. Other than that, the deutch forward was inexistant but this is not relevant since Konno is too small.

10. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    people still complaining with the defense (when nothing happened and the goal are Uchida's mistake\Robben magic with a mistake by Hasebe)
    still complaining against Endo
    still complaining against Konno

I give up haha.
    Anyway I think Belgium will be harder. They just got beaten at home. They'll be thirsty for blood.

11. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Endo needs to go, he's 54 years old
    Konno needs to go, he's too small

nakata101 and Dax repped this.
  12. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

He would have made a good decision had the ball not been passed to another planet meaning the dutch guy couldnt reach it even if he was Usain Bolt

13. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I'm not sure if this is sarcasm or not o_O
    Holland were playing with maybe their 4th choice FW and we still let in two goals, one another defensive horror. The Japanese commentators were just talking about not making such a mistake when it happened, which made it even more of a "doh" moment for me.

Well Holland match was kind of like a home match for Japan, except for the crappy pitch of course. So next match should be harder. But at the same time, Belgium are not such world-beaters when they play non-euro teams. When they have to travel to South America, it will be even harder for them I suppose.

14. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Wow.
    Doubt anyone would take your comments seriously, but still:

Holland with a reserve FW "and we still got in two goals" - one by ROBBEN and one because of a mistake. BY UCHIDA (now we want to crucify the defense for individual errors? Please name who should play instead of Uchida then)

:eek: oh wow

Okay. Can't wait to hear the world cup draw to see your comments, I guess...

15. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I bet you can't. As good as Belgium are, they are the only beatable top team other than the Swiss. And I doubt we are lucky enough to get them. So who else would you want to meet? Brazil? Germany? Spain? Argentina? Colombia who spanked Belgium in Belgium, or Uruguay who spanked us at home (without Cavani).
    I actually prefer Spain, because it would be fun to go against #1 at the biggest stage, and see what would happen. But outside of that, Belgium or Switzerland please.

16. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    #241 Saku², Nov 18, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
    [​IMG]

Endo doesn't need to be replaced anytime son

OneiroPhobia and -Kodemari repped this.
  17. -Kodemari

-Kodemari Member

Jan 15, 2012
    Trento, Italy
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That's neat, you wouldn't say he is exactly 1 mt shorter than Konno.

18. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Give Zac Argentina.
    They planned a revenge against Japan since the last Copa America when Japan was 'casually' in Argentina group before the tsunami tragedy.
    Probably they don't give a f**k actually about a revenge against Japan so face them in Brazil maybe in Sao Paulo to make them feel again the defeat taste.

19. nakata101

nakata101 Member

Mar 2, 2008
    When Robben become their 4th choice FW?? Van Der Vaart too?? :confused:

20. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    lol I may be exaggerating a bit but RVP is probably the best FW in Europe and it makes a big difference to our DF if he is out. I don't know why you are mentioning Robben as he would play regardless and is usually a winger, and van der Vaart is more of an attacking midfielder. But if you want to go there I could say they were also missing Sneijder, who scored on us each of the last two matches.

Anyway I'm not trying to bash the team, I was simply replying to Dax's comment that "nothing happened", and pointed out that we still let in two goals despite them missing their (and probably Europe's) best striker. To add to that, we also pushed up and barely let them touch the ball in the 2nd half. So this doesn't really prove that our defense somehow fixed their problems, although I think the team as a whole improved.

21. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I didn't suggest we should replace Uchida. I was just refuting your claim that "nothing happened".

I guess you didn't watch the match? You could hear Japan fans chanting throughout it.