Alert: 2012 Season Tickets!

Discussion in 'Fort Lauderdale Strikers' started by drSoFlaFan, Aug 24, 2011.

1. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Strikers now have the 2012 season ticket info up on their website:

http://www.strikers.com/index.php?friendlyURL=seasontickets

Looks like individual game tickets are getting more expensive, GA will go up to $12($10 this year) and sideline reserved seats will be $18($15 this year). Not too bad IMO.

The big thing is the $99 deal for GA season tix if you buy before September 30. After that it's $125 and after January 1st it goes to $140. Still even then that's only $10 per ticket for 14 games.

When the Dolphins are promoting $99 for TWO tickets to ONE game in the UPPER DECK as a deal(not counting the outrageous parking or concession charges), you just can't beat a full season of Strikers for $99.

2. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the info, dr. Especially the numbers and how they progress & increase over time. I hope I can get the $99 together before the increases begin.

3. chichi

chichi Member

May 21, 1999
    Miami Fl
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guys the Ultras are working out a deal for season tickets.

Try to hold off for a little and we'll let you know once it's all been settled!

4. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks, I need that...;)....Any and all help is appreciated.

5. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'll definitely be renewing my seats next year, at least four of the five I have this year, and maybe all five again. I love my view in section 122. If the Schlitterbahn deal gets the go ahead and they start the renovations to Lockhart, we almost certainly won't be there for some or all of next season I'd imagine. It'll be annoying to go somewhere else, and rearranging season tickets would almost certainly be a nightmare scenario, but in the long run it would be worth it to see the old girl fixed up!

Anyone heard anything about the extra game ticket we were given for this year? No USOC, no friendlies as of yet, so what are they going to do for us with this extra ticket? I for one am hoping it will wind up being good for a first round playoff match! That would be an extremely nice idea for the FO to reward the loyalty of the ST holders for coming on board this year. if anyone hears anything, please post!

6. AmericanMag

AmericanMag Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Already lining up my renewal for the STs!

7. nbace

nbace Member

Jacksonville Armada FC
    United States
    Apr 8, 2006
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Lockhart is under construction next year, have they figured out where they are going to play? Would love to see them at the new FAU football stadium....selfishly since that's a shorter drive from West Palm Beach!.

8. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's either gonna be the new FAU Stadium, or the Central Broward Park Cricket Stadium. They won't be going back to Dade so those are the only two options if they need to move elsewhere while Lockhart is getting work done. Hopefully they can figure out a way to do the work one stand at a time, not unlike most English stadiums, so they can stay at Lockhart while the upgrades are made.

Both of the other places have their pros and cons. FAU is brand new and will have a nice layout for soccer, but it seats 30,000 and is not as central a location as Lockhart is.

The Cricket Stadium is also fairly new, has a much better location and more appropriate capacity, however it does not have the best sightlines for soccer and there is usually the cricket pitch near midfield that has to be covered up.

9. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Member

Mar 5, 2001
    Maybe the FAU soccer field where magicjack played?

10. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No way. Totally unprofessional. There are only about 200 permanent seats, even at the end of the year when they said it was increased to 4K it was just bleachers. No press box, players had to walk half a block away to locker rooms.

11. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    In the end, assuming both options are possible, the team will choose whichever one makes the most economic sense. Things like rent and concession percentages being equal, I'm guessing they'd take the new FAU stadium over the cricket field simply because of capacity, they can sell more tickets. Somehow I just get the sense that they feel like they can improve on ticket sales next year. I'll say this about that - a strong playoff run will help, and an NASL championship might make it a lock.

12. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And port-a-potties were the only toilet facilities. Very mickey mouse & bush league. Unacceptable in every way.

13. nbace

nbace Member

Jacksonville Armada FC
    United States
    Apr 8, 2006
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If it's FAU, it will certainly be the new, beautiful, 30,000-seat $70 million dollar football stadium...which by all accounts will be an excellent soccer facility as well.
    Too big for the Strikers...probably....but a great chance to reach out to Palm Beach County and maybe do some doubleheaders with Magicjack, who I think are going to play in that stadium next season.

14. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The top post is the one that was being discussed, not the new stadium. This is the facility that magicJack used. It is totally unacceptable.

From all I've seen about the new FAU Stadium I can agree that it would be a worthy venue for the Strikers. I can't say that about the soccer facility used at FAU last season by magicJack.

15. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the Ultras have a deal set up for 2012 season tickets for Ultra members. At least Pieter & Ed discussed it on the last podcast. I forget exactly what it is. This may be a good thread to let us know about it, guys...:)

16. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The deal is good for all supporters(Ultras, F19 and CSE), you just have to say you're in one of the supporters groups when you order. It's same price as the normal GA season tickets, but you get a free t-shirt that only supporters will receive and also you have the option to buy a personalized 2012 jersey at a discount for $50.

17. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    UPDATE: Here's the official deal:

[​IMG]

18. Petersontj

Petersontj Member

Jul 24, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are there any partial plans available? I'm only going to be in South Florida for short periods of time and summers from now on :/

Still would love to see the strikers as much as I could.

19. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Just got to do a little math to see how it works out best for you. Individual game price for GA is $12. If you're looking only at cost, 8 home games will cost you $96 as opposed to the season ticket at $99. If you think you'll got to even one more game than 8 for the year, than you've already figured out economically speaking it's better to get the season ticket. Plus you're getting all the things that come with the package on top of it. If you're someone that would buy a jersey, you're already looking at another game ot two worth of savings right there probably, you get that $10 gift card to Duffy's, plus the free t-shirt if you say you're in one of the supporters groups. When it's all said and done, you're probably looking at it being worth it to buy the season ticket unless you think you're only going to go to 5 games or less and you're willing to miss out on all the other perks. And then maybe you could give the tickets you don't wind up using to family or friends too, becoming an even better Striker Liker by encouraging them to become Strikers fans as well!!! :D

20. Petersontj

Petersontj Member

Jul 24, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great way to think about it. It's too bad most of my friends either A. Don't care for soccer or B. Already have season tickets.

I wish I could see the schedule but I'll just look at last year's to get an idea of how many games I'd get to see.

21. AmericanMag

AmericanMag Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do we just have to say we are in a supporters group or is that a given if we are asking for tickets in that section? What do I need to do to officially be in a supporters group if that is necessary?

22. pb9000

pb9000 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lauderhill, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can go to http://miamiultras.com/about/ and join the Ultras and make it official. It's free! We're just looking for diehard South Florida soccer fans that will support local soccer whether it be Strikers, magicJack and/or MLS.

23. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep you can go to the Ultras site or or Flight 19 site (flight-19.com). Both are free to join "officially". But if you tailgate and stand with us in 115, you're basically a member. I reckon just by mentioning the supporters and buying in section 115 they would take your word for it.

24. AmericanMag

AmericanMag Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks gents! I am an official member of flight 19 now. Now to order my tickets.

25. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, got down to the stadium yesterday afternoon and renewed my season tickets. Talked with Omar and James from sales and they said to that point they were starting to approach 300 so far for next year. I also heard for the first time the actual number for this year which was 1,088. They seemed to think today would be a big day for renewals. I'll also let you guys know this - they said talk in the office was that they might continue the special tomorrow at the game, plus if we win, they might wait on the price increase until we're officially eliminated from the playoffs. Pretty smart if you ask me. Saturday night will be an excellent opportunity to get a lot of tickets sold if they will keep the price t he same as today's.

I was hoping we'd see a lot more sold by now at the lowest price. I wonder if people are feeling like they'd rather just go to fewer games next year than go in for season tickets. I certainly hope not. And if people are on the fence, I hope a strong playoff run convinces them to go for it, as well as maybe hooking some of the new fans that are sure to come out just for the playoffs.