2012 season Supporters section..

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by bford, May 14, 2012.

1. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They do that way too much. They sound like the FO, trying to clean their hands from any possible friction.

2. Shopping Cart Man

Sep 21, 2006
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The lack of in-stadium stoppage time is also part of that hand-cleaning.

3. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    Wear 2 wrist watches, keep unofficial official time in your seat.

4. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I use the stop watch function on my watch. Amazing how slow it moves when the Dynamo are ahead --- how slow it moves when the Dynamo are behind.

5. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston Member

Apr 8, 2005
    In your head!
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You sound like one of my USA fan group(Dirty Yanks) brothers ,and we are also El Batallon.
    Say no to other groups trying to Yellow card you for stuff that is common in futbol supporters cultures around the world. I'm hearing that the soccer moms are also getting butt hurt over the Fbombs in the 230 sections. Come over and say hi one day or if you can get in 133-134 come stand with us... get in where you fit in. If you want more info hit me up via private message.
    Don't believe the lies and hype about El Batallon, we are just a different breed of Houstonians, supporters with passion ,we bleed Houston Dynamo futbol.

6. KAINAM13

KAINAM13 Member

Jun 8, 2007
    Second Ward, Houston TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi, William. There are currently four supporters groups in the supporters' section. We (Texian Army) are in section 135. You can easily spot us by the large orange player banners, flags, and drum section provided by our brothers in La Bateria Dynamo Supporters. We have a huge tailgate that starts about three hours before each home game at northeast corner of Parking Lot C near the intersection of Bastrop Street and Preston Street. We're also hosting a watch party for the away game this Saturday, 6:00pm at Orange Bar: 1617 Richmond Ave. We invite you to join us at either or both!

7. KAINAM13

KAINAM13 Member

Jun 8, 2007
    Second Ward, Houston TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Movement's allowed. Looking forward to seeing you there!

8. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You should be fine.
    It is always GA in the lower bowl 133, 134, 135.
    Singing and sreaming folks being welcomed by me and my buddies since April of '06! You should have fun at Dynamo home games. We ALL should. Bring it WD!

9. JC507

JC507 Member+

Jan 21, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Movement is allowed in the supporter's section, unless you're El Battallon and you're confined to 133 no matter if everyone fits or not.

10. Hydro

Hydro Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Houstown
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Memit, meet William. William, meet Memit.

11. JC507

JC507 Member+

Jan 21, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course not. You can come in for a bit and then leave and go stand with the other groups to get a feel for what's better situated for you.

12. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston Member

Apr 8, 2005
    In your head!
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kai is good ppl, JC and Celtic too, can't cut for Hydro... unless he shares some of that OG Kush! hahaha

13. Hydro

Hydro Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Houstown
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    're you go:
    [​IMG]

14. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I trust our FO will get everything ironed out in good order so that the serious health and safety issues created by the BBVA stadium staff of confining EB to one small section like 133 will not occur again. Ever.
    Thus, the lower bowl will be back to the way our players want to hear it. And enjoying the EB vibe will be available to all WD!

JC507 repped this.
  15. JC507

JC507 Member+

Jan 21, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hit me up before the game. Come to the tailgate. We'll introduce you to everyone. You won't be alone.

16. Hydro

Hydro Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Houstown
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That's the strongest argument I've heard, and I hope you use it strongly, and in writing. It is an effective argument. Here, copy, paste, and edit as needed:

"The health and safety of our members is endangered by the direct actions of the ____ staff, confining us -including pregnant women and children- to a very small area, which as documented in Exhibit A. Section xyz is considerably smaller than the number of supporters we have in our group. We want to continue enjoying the games and supporting the team we love, and we hold ___ responsible for any safety issues that occur due to the forced confinment to a small area".

Look guys, I really appreciate what you bring to the stadium, you are yet another highlight of the Dynamo games. I just don't think that arguments like "this is our home, we shouldn't be treated like this" are going to get you any support with the rest of us lazy fans or anywhere else. We don't need to further explain what "our stadium" really means, we are smart people and should understand.

However, the safety issue is critical, and I think you will succeed if you stick to that argument. Good luck, and hope ALL the supporter groups continue to bring us joy in the new stadium.

JC507 repped this.
  17. JC507

JC507 Member+

Jan 21, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    PM sent

18. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beat you to it! lol

19. JC507

JC507 Member+

Jan 21, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doubt it

The_Ponce repped this.
  20. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not my area or issue, but I think you are being optimistic that the FO will get everything ironed out, since anectodal evidence from the last week indicates that they have ceded control and decisions to the BBVA Compass management (at least that is what they are implying, regardless if it is true or not, when the president of the club allegedly says things like "I like streamers too but the stadium doesn't want them" or similar).

If you ask me, someone in management of the stadium probably thought it was a good idea to be hard man and bust heads on things early to get the groups in line the way they want them.