[2012 Matchday 18] Union @ New York Red Bulls - July 21, 2012 p/d/p [R]

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Union' started by Dills, Jul 16, 2012.

1. hykos1045

hykos1045 Member

May 10, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The correct code is NWK. Remember, the cows play in JERSEY... NOT NEW YORK

Doop repped this.
  2. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    So do the Giants and Jets, wouldn't expect you to know this being from Vancouver but North Jersey is NY's garbage dump, we'll put stadiums where we damn well please.

3. hykos1045

hykos1045 Member

May 10, 2010
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You make a great point which was my feeling at one time that your stadium is a dump...
    Actually I am living in NJ now so I should be offended by this fact but I am not.

My point about the distinction between NWK and NYP was mainly so that any casual union fans don't get lost on the train or highway on the way to the game today, or buy transportation that is too circuitous and expensive via NYP. Not every train conductor might know that the Redbulls are "just like the Giants and the Jets" in the way you described, geographically, and if they see a soccer fan with a ticket to NYP it would be too late to tell him or her they overpaid for the train. (I think since they play in Newark rather than the meadowlands that I would have understood a WNBA analogy better.)

Bottom line: NY does whatever it damn well pleases, short of bringing the Cup "home" to NJ in the last 17years. You asked for that one.

4. mattylip

mattylip Member+

Philadelphia Union
    Jul 22, 2011
    Cherry Hill (127, D)
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Today's ref is Halario Grajeda, the villain from the SKC USOC game. I plan to greet him warmly when I see him.

5. jaykoz3

jaykoz3 Member+

Dec 25, 2010
    Conshohocken, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

.............................. great. I wonder how many "fouls" we'll get called for today, and how many re-starts we'll subsequently have to defend............:mad:

6. Doop

Doop Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Halario is Hilarious. And not in a good way.

7. unionchris

unionchris Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Starting XI Union: MacMath, G Farfan, Valdes, Okugo, Williams, Carroll, Lahoud, M Farfan, Martinez, McInereney, Pajoy

Bench for Union: Konopka, Albright, Torres, Daniel, Gomez, Gaddis, Hoppenot

Adu not in the 18. Here come the trade/transfer rumors.

8. Blustar

Blustar Member

May 30, 2006
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did Adu really not make the 18? man, just when I thought he was making progress, he looked decent in the last two games. Well at least in the game before last he looked amazing. Anyways, is there any rumors of where he's headed?

9. unionchris

unionchris Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Union media relations staff said Adu not in the lineup due to "an internal matter". Bye Freddy

10. celt1997

celt1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Philly Burbs
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Freddy tweeted that we'll all "know why soon enough." Rumors are that he was seen out pretty late at Xfinity Live last night.

11. Blustar

Blustar Member

May 30, 2006
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was it tactical, football related, and Freddy refusing to follow orders or an extra-curricular incident, like "night clubs" or whatever. ( or there was no other inside news?)

thanks

Sorry , I didn't see your post, that sucks that he still hasn't learned how to be a professional after how many effing years. Disappointing, well lets hope for a Philly rise to the top. Every game counts. . .

12. hykos1045

hykos1045 Member

May 10, 2010
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You've got the worst job... in the world! You've got the worst job in the world!
    You've got the worst job... in the world! You've got the worst job in the world!

You have to automate sprinklers... every game!
    You've got the worst job in the world!

Automatic sprinklers! (Clap)

Yea, Red Bull sucks

13. unionchris

unionchris Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Xfinity Live thing wouldn't be related. He would have known he wasn't on the traveling squad before last night. My guess is he's the next one of the "Nowak guys" to get the boot.

14. celt1997

celt1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Philly Burbs
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I saw Tannenwald say the same thing, but it could be related in the sense that he did something else, and then just said "F it, I'm going out." Still pretty unprofessional on the eve of a big game vs. RBNY.

ChrisVito Tweet - "Official was asked when the Adu decision was made. Response: "When the decision of who would get on the bus was made.""

15. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Come on, lets do this. Lets go the U!

16. hykos1045

hykos1045 Member

May 10, 2010
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They are giving out garbage bags with the Redbulls logo on them to "all fans." However the union supporters were tild they vouldn't have any.

17. Ruud11

Ruud11 Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Excellent start for us. Glad Adu is nowhere to be seen. Wish Pajoy was a better attacker and that Jack would time his runs a bit better....

18. LINETRASH

LINETRASH Member+

Jul 19, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jack Mac's passing is horrible, he's a clot out there..........and can't anyone make a thru pass!!!

19. hykos1045

hykos1045 Member

May 10, 2010
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thierry is a non factor in the game. Le Toux just had a Le Toux... :)

After the Redbulls owning rights expire they are reverting back to their old name...Newark Library

Thierry falls all over the pitch like a basketball player missing an open shot!! So lame.

We're being instructed to jump for philadelphia ole ole " in the 33rd minute " but it should be called "after the 33rd minute." Why can almost no american get the scoreboard time right?

20. Ruud11

Ruud11 Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Martinez should have passed that ball. Should have been 1-0 us. And why can't we win any headballs?

21. billf

billf Member+

May 22, 2001
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still no Soumare... This team needs someone who can go up an win dangerous headers. I could put the ball on Cooper's head if he's marked by Okugo and Garfan. Those are good defenders but are not going to win much in the air.

22. TheVisualizer

TheVisualizer Member

Jul 14, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought everyone played pretty well in the 1st half, defense other than the goal and one other scary play has played well. They look to be a little stretched at the end of the half right before the goal, though.

The midfield is playing pretty good, Marfan is getting a lot of time on the ball and making things happen and the other 2 are doing what they do making solid defensive plays, and surprisingly have not turned the ball over much if at all.

The forwards have looked dangerous at times, are all making good runs but not making good decisions in the final 3rd. I thought there was room for Martinez to cut the ball back to Pajoy on his last shot and not sure what Pajoy was thinking trying a bicycle kick early in the game from an impossible angle when he could have controlled it. One thing that seems noticeable is Josue's 1st tough is pretty awful almost every time. He knocks it way out of his reach way too often, but there is a lot of room out there today so his speed has allowed him to corral the ball back in most times.

Ref seems biased toward both defenses as he's not giving players the benefit of the doubt while they are on the attack. Jack, Josue and Marfan have been dragged down a couple times in good attacking positions with no whistles blowing, and hes made some questionable calls sending play the other way when the Pink Cows had opportunities on the attack.

I think this is still winnable, as the commentators said we need to exploit their sub, whose playing in his 1st game if I heard correct at RB. Gabe needs to be aggressive and get to the end line and make some things happen. Hoppenot could be effective today if their guys tired out from 3 games in a week.

23. hykos1045

hykos1045 Member

May 10, 2010
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fouls are 12-2. Red bulls are "milking" the refs!!!!!""

24. schanbacher321

Jun 27, 2007
    We are missing what freddy has been bringing to the table in this game

25. soccerman90

soccerman90 Member

Feb 16, 2008
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cooper was clearly offside on the second goal.

BuddhaWake, sccaflagger74 and Doop repped this.