[2012 London Olympics: Quarter-Finals] Korea vs Great Britain 2012/08/04 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Jitevra, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    You're such a whiny little baby. What did I do wrong to you in the KJC thread?

1. Did I insult you? No.
    2. Did I post arguments to counter your positions? Yes.

Stop :cry:.

2. Chong-soo

Chong-soo Member

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Jeonbuk Motors
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    You're aggressive and don't hesitate to use racist slang (yes, I can read Korean).

It's impossible to have a civilized debate with you, you run around throwing insults and other garbage as soon as you have the opportunity. I have nothing personal against you, but you should adopt a different behavior.

Chiwoo repped this.
  3. Randomized

Randomized Member

Feb 18, 2005
  4. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    olijolly repped this.
  5. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    your understanding of HMB tactics is elementary then. i suggest you dont post on the subject further. if anyone needs to score more its Koo, KBK, and JDW not PJY

6. Gjak1117

Gjak1117 Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I mean clearly everyone here has everything wrong; all you need to do is play a 4-2-3-1, pass the ball to the wingers, hold RT and just sprint down the line, then do a couple stepovers once you get to the box, maybe a spin if you have a 3 star skill player (this may apply to koo jacheol) and then lay it off in the box for an easy goal (only need like 1.5 bars of power)

amirite or amirite?

tangun, Mudang and jsk14 repped this.
  7. TaegukWarrior

TaegukWarrior Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Lmao I don't understand this pjy bickering...I'm sure everyone's said everything that's need to be said, but forwards don't have to SIMPLY score given the proper formation/players playing, I believe...JDW on the left, PJY holds up play, feeds the ball to space...np. Through ball to KJC = perfect example of what PJY is capable of. Still don't believe that he's capable? Watch some PJY youtube videos...I don't understand why he's being shafted right now lol it boggles the mind. Nobody said shit when he was scoring left and right during those friendlies/wx qualifying (?) matches earlier when he had just joined arsenal. Have faith, and if you seriously don't have faith now after all this Olympic NT has accomplished, you are lost

Gjak1117 repped this.
  8. Chong-soo

Chong-soo Member

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Jeonbuk Motors
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Oh really ?
    So Ki's monkey celebration is equal to 미친 외국인?

Please get out of here.

Chiwoo repped this.
  9. CoreaBafana

CoreaBafana Member

Apr 25, 2010
    Club:
    Cerro Porteno
    I have no problem with ChongSoo's avatar, nor with Ki.

And someone's avatar doesn't excuse calling those that disagree with you a c**t or byungshinseki.

Chiwoo repped this.
  10. Gjak1117

Gjak1117 Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  11. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    You are a 외국인 are you not?

12. Chong-soo

Chong-soo Member

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Jeonbuk Motors
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Excuse me for my ignorance, you're probably some master tactician with a coach degree and personally talk to Hong.

13. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    you forgot the celebration! hit by a brick? cupped ear? shhh?

Gjak1117 repped this.
  14. tangun

tangun Member

Jul 14, 2012
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    you're creating this strawman, "pcy fanboy," for you to spank, but what i think you dont realize is that a lot of people on here "defending" pcy are not pcy fanboys at all. if i'm wrong about the latter part, fine, i'll speak just for myself. i have never been crazy about PCY. I had high hopes about his potential, but as the years went on I realized he would never be the star that a lot of us wanted him to be. yet, as a supportive fan, i'd nevertheless be happy to see him on his spells of good form in france, and feel bad for the guy when things werent working out. for the knt, just like most other korean fans who aren't pathologically hostile to pcy, watching him play was of course a roller coaster. ups and downs (lots of downs). you think only the rabid pcy attack dogs remember the disappointments and the pain of pcy letting us down? because we should compare notes, ive got instance after instance burned into my memory.

i think it's revealing that you say you used to be a pcy fanboy. Because part of what i think is going on, is that some people's hopes for pcy were just too high, and they were never able to adjust this to the reality. which is ironic, since a lot of these people are the first to point out every single pcy failure, so youd think more so than the current so-called fan boys, you'd approach pcy with some realism. earlier you said that pcy is "far from world class material." Who in here disagrees with you? This is what I mean -- you haven't let go of your hopes from the FC Seoul days.

And this is why i think youre just setting up straw-men. Because honestly, in terms of every concrete proposal you've made -- our youngsters should get more time, we have some promising younger strikers with "interesting traits" -- EVERYONE agrees (although i find it kind of curious how you go from saying pcy is not world class to some others are showing "interesting traits" -- perhaps you make this switch because it would be ridiculous to say that jdw and shm are currently looking like they'll be "world class"). And maybe you think there's some kind of conspiracy against our younger strikers, but I promise you they will get their chance -- just as JDW has been carefully blooded during this tournament. who in here disagrees that we should always be keeping our eyes open for prospects and giving them chances? I'm assuming you've been following the team prior to the start of the olympics, so you yourself should know that others strikers have been given plenty of chances, and as of yet, no one really exploded onto the scene and made the case for displacing pcy.

If what you really want to say is that jdw and shm should have been starting for us in the olympics all along over pcy, then ya, we have a real disagreement on our hands, but then why dont you just come out and say that. I suspect it's because that would reveal the extent of irrationality your pcy hatred is driving you towards.

so here's why i think some of your rabid pcy hatred is rubbing some people the wrong way. it's not because all these fan boys worship at the altar of pcy, it's because we dont need this shrieking reminder match after match that pcy isn't world class. we all know that. and it can be constructive post-match to assess what he did and didnt do well (again, relative to the fact that he's not world class), but one gets the impression that thats not actually what youre interested in. what the hell is the point of bringing up shm right now in the gb/korea post-match thread?

here are things i'm perfectly happy to concede and i think a lot of others would be happy to as well:
    a) pcy is not world class
    b) it would be nice if he were
    c) it would be nice if he were more consistent
    d) he has a lot of disappointing games (in terms of finishing, touches, mistakes, whatever)
    e) we had much higher hopes for his level of impact before the olympics started
    f) he has regularly fallen short of our hopes for him
    g) it would be nice if we at this moment had clear-cut superior alternatives

i think deep down you know that most of us agree on all this, including yourself. but your hatred for pcy runs so deep that you need to fabricate disagreements and just hammer home how much pcy sucks. if what you want to say is that for game, x, you think player y should start over pcy, why not just say that and give your reasons why, and people will either be convinced or unconvinced. but instead you just wield this blunt anti-pcy 망치 swinging it every which way.

we're still in the middle of a fantastic run in the fcuking olympics, and i'm thrilled that our team has gotten to where it has, and am getting behind the team and all the players. im happy to debate tactics and who should and shouldn't start (i've left a paper trail here you can see for yourself), but your generalized pcy bashing is really a bummer at a time when we should be celebrating and cheering on our team.

you'll see in the brazil forum that i posted my two cents on potential line-up. and i explicitly said that at the moment i don't think starting with pcy on the bench is my first preference, but i left it open-ended. and i gave my thoughts on what i thought could work if we left him on the bench. i guess im failing as a fan boy, suggesting alternative line-ups i think could be successful if we dont start pcy!

lighten up a little. no one disagrees with you, and we all get it by now, you hate pcy. now can we just get behind the team and look forward to a great match in the history of korean football?

15. Chong-soo

Chong-soo Member

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Jeonbuk Motors
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    This is equivalent to calling you a gook.
    You just don't point others as being "aliens", especially crazy aliens.

This is simply a lack of education and respect.

The ghetto dogs talk like this in my area.

16. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    This place is like an Irish bar at closing time.

17. CoreaBafana

CoreaBafana Member

Apr 25, 2010
    Club:
    Cerro Porteno
    By the way, this whole immature disagreement seemed to start when I acknowledged that PJY deserves credit for making a very good pass to KJC that should have resulted in a winning goal. It was meant to acknowledge his good play. But I do not hesitate to criticize his bad play. That should be true for all of us.

18. Gjak1117

Gjak1117 Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    press down right stick for the aeroplane and finish with an LT + right stick down twice for the knee slide, since it's Park Chuyoung, duh.

19. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Not it's not.

20. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    mods should start instigating a zero tolerance rule for a while. Its getting out of control now these days. yellow card anybody who starts and engages in a belligerent argument / insults. No one here likes reading retarded arguments on this forum. keep it clean y'all.

stick on topic and DON'T send insults. How simple is that...

JoeKamel and Mudang repped this.
  21. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    I trust that you'll do the same by locking yourself in the closet? ;)

22. Randomized

Randomized Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Well, it's unfortunate you can't see past your history of prejudice against all things Japan and Japanese. I will get out, since, this is supposed to be, I think, a post-match discussion that devolved into a spitting contest. But, I am going to warn you, be very careful in the near future...

Mudang repped this.
  23. Chiwoo

Chiwoo Member

May 14, 2010
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Guys, if he doesn't want to hear that word. Just don't say it. Be considerate of others and have some respect.

24. tangun

tangun Member

Jul 14, 2012
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    exactly, although i'd add that PJY also needs to score more. god i thought i already covered this aspect of hmb's tactics for those blinded by their rage glasses...

https://www.bigsoccer.com/community/...c-team-thread-r.1841936/page-78#post-26174194

Look, I welcome debate. if you disagree, im happy to hear you out if you explain why your arguments are better than mine. but shouting things louder anytime someone questions what you're saying does not count as an argument.

25. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    Randomized, jinseokyang and Mudang repped this.